2023 #1 247 RB Richard Young

Advertisement
Rooster running behind a good o line and play caller is a fckng problem. Dude kept us in games despite the same play that everyone saw coming and an oline that got no push.
I doubt we bench him for anyone.
Chaney is an elite back as well.
Running back room is the epitome of competition right now and dudes are gonna get hurt.
People talk about the qb room but we are in an enviable position at RB regardless who signs this year.

Rooster running behind a good o line and play caller is a fckng problem. Dude kept us in games despite the same play that everyone saw coming and an oline that got no push.
Running back room is the epitome of competition right now and dudes are gonna get hurt.
People talk about the qb room but we are in an enviable position at RB regardless who signs this year.
FACTS!! This fan base be weird sometimes😭😭😭 this dude gave us 11 tds talking about he’s not elite😒😒😒

Advertisement
That's true but this a different time
But what's not different, between Lester Williams and DJ Williams, Miami seldom won the battle for 5*s or blue chippers as they were called way back. Even during the later championship years.

Miami got a few (e.g., Jesse Armstead), but they made hay by superior evaluation and development. And I'm not talking about finding "diamonds in the rough". I'm talking about identifying guys with elite traits that we can use but may have a few warts in other areas and putting them in a position to take advantage of those elite traits.

Advertisement
But what's not different, between Lester Williams and DJ Williams, Miami seldom won the battle for 5*s or blue chippers as they were called way back. Even during the later championship years.

Miami got a few (e.g., Jesse Armstead), but they made hay by superior evaluation and development. And I'm not talking about finding "diamonds in the rough". I'm talking about identifying guys with elite traits that we can use but may have a few warts in other areas and putting them in a position to take advantage of those elite traits.
again rankings are more accurate now different time

💯

Advertisement
FACTS!! This fan base be weird sometimes😭😭😭 this dude gave us 11 tds talking about he’s not elite😒😒😒
You guys throw around the word elite too readily on here. Anyone that is above average and wears orange and green is elite to you. Rooster is a very good player and a contributor but not elite. Willis was elite. Dre was elite. Elite is sure fire first rounder, for a RB 2nd rounder. I called Duke elite and that is borderline @Dwinstitles. We constantly call our guys elite when they aren't. People were calling our WR room elite on here and Mario is out in the portal grabbing WRs.

You guys throw around the word elite too readily on here. Anyone that is above average and wears orange and green is elite to you. Rooster is a very good player and a contributor but not elite. Willis was elite. Dre was elite. Elite is sure fire first rounder, for a RB 2nd rounder. I called Duke elite and that is borderline @Dwinstitles. We constantly call our guys elite when they aren't. People were calling our WR room elite on here and Mario is out in the portal grabbing WRs.
The concept of an elite player is inherently subjective, and I think that's where a lot of the fun in debating the topic comes from. But you're right, if a guy makes a play in practice and UM's twitter account happens to posts a clip of it, you can bet you'll find someone on here dying to be the first to call him elite and the next guy to have his number retired.

Advertisement
FACTS everyone thinks our guys are elite, elite to me is sure fire without a doubt first rounder. Top 10 type

The concept of an elite player is inherently subjective, and I think that's where a lot of the fun in debating the topic comes from. But you're right, if a guy makes a play in practice and UM's twitter account happens to posts a clip of it, you can bet you'll find someone on here dying to be the first to call him elite and the next guy to have his number retired.
It is subjective to a point, but can you be elite and not be a top 10 player at your position? The subjective part is whether its top 10 or 15 or something along those lines as well as whether or not player x falls into that category. Ultimately, how many Canes have been elite the past decade?

It is subjective to a point, but can you be elite and not be a top 10 player at your position? The subjective part is whether its top 10 or 15 or something along those lines as well as whether or not player x falls into that category. Ultimately, how many Canes have been elite the past decade?
Right, thanks for taking that a step further than I did. I agree that the subjectivity largely comes into play when discussing the cutoff from elite to whatever that next level is

If we are going with the last decade, Duke is really the only one I'd call elite. Maybe Phillips, Richards was on his way before retiring. To be fair, we've had guys come through with elite traits (Njoku, Jaquan) but if we are measuring them against the truly elite players that have played at UM.. they don't really stack up.

Advertisement
Back