2023 #1 247 RB Richard Young

With NIL in the game I don’t see how we, or any school, can successfully recruit (2) 5 star running backs in the same class. Each 5 start will want their big NIL deal and it won’t make financial sense to spend that much NIL money on 2 players when only one can be on the field at a time. So each school will have to focus on a specific 5 star running back per recruiting class. There will still be competition between schools. And as mentioned, there are very good non-5 star running backs who won’t expect a 6/7 figure NIL deal coming into college. So the best any school can realistically expect is to make a hard push for the 5 star running back they want and then try to add a non 5 star behind him.

I still think people don’t appreciate how much NIL has changed the college landscape. Probably nothing this dramatic has happened in college football since the 85 scholarship limit.

But I remember reading in CIS delusional fans how we will get 2 5* RB and basically everybody else just like if the big dogs will quit recruiting against us.

Advertisement
But I remember reading in CIS delusional fans how we will get 2 5* RB and basically everybody else just like if the big dogs will quit recruiting against us.
Surprised we didn't make his top 7. All the buzz has been with Baxter but we've also heard this staff is pushing for 2 RBs in this class and we all know Fletcher is headed to OSU. Anyway, just makes Baxter that much more important.
Honestly, even though i never thought we had a legit chance, kind of surprised we’re not even top 7. Thank manny for that one - iirc, young hadn’t stepped foot on campus until elite prospect day of this year. Wtf

Imo, he’s bama/uga battle

As "delusional" as it might be to believe a kid when they tell you something about serious interest it is probably equally as delusional to believe there are 7 schools that finished ahead of us here lol. I'll leave it there.

Advertisement
Gotta go with 2 backs in this class. IMO, the RB room will probably be drastically different a year from now.

I could see one of Chaney/Knighton go pro, one of Brown/Thad go portal and Parrish is not a workhorse back. Citizen is the big wild card.

Yea rooster is good but not elite. People throwing that word around for anyone with a good season. They need to chill bruh....Cook that's elite. The ability to completely win games on your explosive touches and take over. Everyone in the building knows u getting the ball and they can't stop u and everyone looks like they are in slo motion
How I get the middle finger for a take lol

Advertisement
have a running back who missed 4 games with 11 tds and call him overrated.
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

our fanbase slow as ****!!!! these same fans will call james cook elite, but he dont even have the same stats or better:cautious::cautious:

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think the RB's are a dime a dozen crowd is more focused on how the QB position and a big time WR has far surpassed the RB position in terms of importance.

It's why you get teams reaching for QBs because they desperately need one in NFL.

It why Jamaar Chase, Devonta Smith, Jaylan Waddle, Justin Jefferson go 1st round, and RB's like Derrick Henry, Joe Mixon, Dalvin Cook, and Nick Chubb go 2nd round.

Alabama got elite on offense when they started having elite QB's and WR's, same thing with LSU 2019, Clemson National title teams.

Baxter would be a great get, but he isn't going to determine if Miami wins a NC or not IMO. That would be QB, WR, and trenches.

Advertisement
Not sure that stating the obvious that Rooster isn't as good as Duke Johnson deserved a middle-finger reaction, but do you..
rooster is just as good as duke. if was had decent oc last year who can actually can create a freaking run scheme, rooster would had 1000 yards 20 tds.
i remembered this same fanbase saying duke wasnt elite
Come On Reaction GIF
. let rooster went to fsu, he would had ran 200+ on us easy. ya'll would have cried foul

rooster is just as good as duke. if was had decent oc last year who can actually can create a freaking run scheme, rooster would had 1000 yards 20 tds.
i remembered this same fanbase saying duke wasnt elite
Come On Reaction GIF
. let rooster went to fsu, he would had ran 200+ on us easy. ya'll would have cried foul
Agree 100% on the run scheme.

I really like Rooster as a player and hope we can maximize his potential. But I really don't mean any offense by saying that he's not on Duke's level, at least not yet. IMO, Duke was the best player on the field, in every game he played in, as a freshman. I don't think we can say that for Knighton.

Agree 100% on the run scheme.

I really like Rooster as a player and hope we can maximize his potential. But I really don't mean any offense by saying that he's not on Duke's level, at least not yet. IMO, Duke was the best player on the field, in every game he played in, as a freshman. I don't think we can say that for Knighton.
me and you might feel that way with duke, but our fanbase didnt feel the same:cautious::cautious:
if rooster had the same OC as duke.......

Advertisement
Back