2023 #1 247 RB Richard Young

Yea we have to be patient this fix will take a good minute. Jimbo just hit the stride on the trail this season. And he's in what year 4? Takes time to develop those relationships with kids. That's why I'm being patient with Mario. The roster has huge holes and I'm not expecting much but I know others here are. I get that we in a hole that will take awhile to get out of.

Eh, I agree with your overall point but TAMU’s previous classes under Jimbo were #8, #6, and #4.

Obviously this class was extremely, extremely special and costly, but lets not make it seem like this was the first year they have recruited well.

Advertisement
Thanks to Diaz....You have to give Mario and Staff the benefit of the doubt...look at the Positives in just 4 months...
Yea they are running it like a big boy program. Night and day difference which gives me hope. Something I didn't have before it's why I wanted him fired the day he was hired. Diaz was a fake and I see through fakes, when u grow up where I did u know the fruads easily.

Yea we have to be patient this fix will take a good minute. Jimbo just hit the stride on the trail this season. And he's in what year 4? Takes time to develop those relationships with kids. That's why I'm being patient with Mario. The roster has huge holes and I'm not expecting much but I know others here are. I get that we in a hole that will take awhile to get out of.
Great point.

Eh, I agree with your overall point but TAMU’s previous classes under Jimbo were #8, #6, and #4.

Obviously this class was extremely, extremely special and costly, but lets not make it seem like this was the first year they have recruited well.
Yea I think we can creep into top ten this season no matter the results on the field. I don't think Jimbo was lighting it up year 1.....I don't remember but that's a guess.

So if Portis mcGahee and Gore went elsewhere we going to say they a dime a dozen. We did that with Cook bruh. They not a dime a dozen fam it's why bama offers the one not the dozen.
They really are a dime a dozen if we continue to stack chips on the o line like we're doing not it won't matter who lines up at RB.

Advertisement
Lingard was a can't miss 5 star prospect too. I don't get too worked up over RBs, especially now with the portal.

FWIW - Trevor Etienne was one of the best all around RBs I've seen in the last few years and he was a low 4 star. Bamas leading rusher last year, Robinson Jr was a mid 4 star. Top RB taken in 2020 draft, Edwards-Helaire, was a 3 star.

You can find elite, game changing RB talent that aren't 5 stars.

Last edited:
This is a perfect example of why I said before Mario was hired, recruiting at UM is one of the hardest tasks in the country. Everyone and their mama comes down here to recruit. Decades of negative perception can’t be reversed in 1 off-season. However, we hired Mario to recruit nationally and win games to change the perception.

We are going to miss on local guys. We’re also going to land some. The difference has to be we gotta go out and win National battles for top guys that see the program in a different light. Lastly, we need to hit in the portal in a big time way. We can miss as long as we aren’t left with chop liver to replace top targets.

There are two games that help change the perception of the program. Clemson and A&M. Compete in both and win 1!

Advertisement
With NIL in the game I don’t see how we, or any school, can successfully recruit (2) 5 star running backs in the same class. Each 5 start will want their big NIL deal and it won’t make financial sense to spend that much NIL money on 2 players when only one can be on the field at a time. So each school will have to focus on a specific 5 star running back per recruiting class. There will still be competition between schools. And as mentioned, there are very good non-5 star running backs who won’t expect a 6/7 figure NIL deal coming into college. So the best any school can realistically expect is to make a hard push for the 5 star running back they want and then try to add a non 5 star behind him.

I still think people don’t appreciate how much NIL has changed the college landscape. Probably nothing this dramatic has happened in college football since the 85 scholarship limit.

Advertisement
Lingard was a can't miss 5 star prospect too. I don't get too worked up over RBs, especially now with the portal.

FWIW - Trevor Etienne was one of the best all around RBs I've seen in the last few years and he was a low 4 star. Bamas leading rusher last year, Robinson Jr was a mid 4 star. Top RB taken in 2020 draft, Edwards-Helaire, was a 3 star.

You can elite, game changing RB talent that aren't 5 stars.
That's what I'm talking about miami never had an rb issue in the history of miami and these guys worried about a RB. As long as we get that o line straight we could find a rb to run behind them.

They really are a dime a dozen if we continue to stack chips on the o line like we're doing not it won't matter who lines up at RB.
this havent got a like bruh, we as fans want monsters this is the U. We grew this stage with monsters

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back