2023 #1 247 RB Richard Young

Advertisement
I agree about RB's. They can help, but really they are way down the pecking order in building a championship team in modern college football.

I would rather sign a big time WR than big time RB, but obviously I'd take both.

Surprised we didn't make his top 7. All the buzz has been with Baxter but we've also heard this staff is pushing for 2 RBs in this class and we all know Fletcher is headed to OSU. Anyway, just makes Baxter that much more important.

Advertisement
Everyone is looking for an edge. Game changing running backs are not a dime a dozen, but good running backs are a dime a dozen. Just wanted to be clear. And speaking of edge, shouldn't Miami on geography alone have running back rooms that are stacked?

Advertisement
Still like Baxter more but agree
I hate that dime a dozen ****.....not going at u but still confused at that saying. If it's a dime a dozen why bama only offers complete monsters? They have been the best RB U the past decade because of the closing and evaluation of that position. They pretty much target Butch type RBs and there aren't alot of those a cycle. Dime a dozen my *** I want game breakers that can carry a team on it's back vs elite sec type competition. Cook Elliot Henry those are difference makers and they are built different. I like Bax but Young is at another level imo.

I hate that dime a dozen ****.....not going at u but still confused at that saying. If it's a dime a dozen why bama only offers complete monsters? They have been the best RB U the past decade because of the closing and evaluation of that position. They pretty much target Butch type RBs and there aren't alot of those a cycle. Dime a dozen my *** I want game breakers that can carry a team on it's back vs elite sec type competition. Cook Elliot Henry those are difference makers and they are built different. I like Bax but Young is at another level imo.
We haven’t had a dominant back since Duke and before that? We always get decent RBs that our fans then overate. In the meantime other programs get game changers. We need one of Young or Baxter. They are game changers. Just brushing it off like it’s no big deal is ludicrous

He is but love has to be shown back and apparently it’s not being shown back by young, cause you know **** well this staff at just giving up on Young.

Advertisement
We haven’t had a dominant back since Duke and before that? We always get decent RBs that our fans then overate. In the meantime other programs get game changers. We need one of Young or Baxter. They are game changers. Just brushing it off like it’s no big deal is ludicrous
Duke is great I love Duke but I'm talking great backs that are capable of being great at both levels. Those are usually the kind of backs that can eat the ACC up and eat the SEC when we play them. The Duke would be able to stack against that type of team imo......I know imma get killed but I gotta say it like I see it. We need monsters there.

In this offense RB's are not a dime a dozen. They will be as important as the WR's or TE's. Catching passes out of the backfield may make them more important. I think their will be plenty of times we lean all in on the run game with a lead. Old school clock eating. It would be awesome to get Young and Baxter. We are in it for Young, but I am not sure we can pull him in, especially with Baxter. We shall see.

Woooooowwww still happening
Long season to go.... But you really think so? Y'all have to understand.... The hole the previous staff put us in is deeper than a 1yr fix. Young's first time on campus was THIS YEAR. Think about that. There's a reason why so many top guys are visiting now. Mario knows for sure alot of them won't be coming but you have to lay the ground work. Keep fighting. The optics matter.

Advertisement
Said that to say, yeah we were so behind in Young's recruitment, there's legit NO chance in **** he comes here. Get me Baxter (solo or with someone else) and we will be better than GREAT.

Long season to go.... But you really think so? Y'all have to understand.... The hole the previous staff put us in is deeper than a 1yr fix. Young's first time on campus was THIS YEAR. Think about that. There's a reason why so many top guys are visiting now. Mario knows for sure alot of them won't be coming but you have to lay the ground work. Keep fighting. The optics matter.
Yea we have to be patient this fix will take a good minute. Jimbo just hit the stride on the trail this season. And he's in what year 4? Takes time to develop those relationships with kids. That's why I'm being patient with Mario. The roster has huge holes and I'm not expecting much but I know others here are. I get that we in a hole that will take awhile to get out of.

Yea we have to be patient this fix will take a good minute. Jimbo just hit the stride on the trail this season. And he's in what year 4? Takes time to develop those relationships with kids. That's why I'm being patient with Mario. The roster has huge holes and I'm not expecting much but I know others here are. I get that we in a hole that will take awhile to get out of.
Thanks to Diaz....You have to give Mario and Staff the benefit of the doubt...look at the Positives in just 4 months...

Advertisement
Back