2023 #1 247 RB Richard Young

I like Young a lot, but I think Baxter overall upside is higher. Saban is going to one of them indeed. Or both 🤦🏾‍♂️. Baxter is definitely faster and got hands that make him a bigger threat out of the backfield as a receiver. Young plays more powerful and lower than Baxter. Size wise, they both ready for college.

PS: also have a bias of Baxter cause I’ve been watching him since he was in 9th grade and I’m always at Edgewater games. Lol
I think Young's burst his initial step is more explosive. They both can run away from D1 players. I just like that explosion one cut break through arm tackles and gone.

Advertisement
Chill u wylin
Ha! Bro we shall see. That’s the same thing folks on here said to me when I said TVD should be starting over king. Said I was dumb. But hey 🤷🏾‍♂️. Lol. We all are guilty of being a prisoner of the moments. So because we see Knighton and Chaney play more… we assume they are the better ones. Maybe or maybe not. But I have feeling this staff will see it differently. Thad can tote that rock, runs low, and brings power and speed!! I like Knighton and all, but he’s gotta get his weight up. Chaney and Franklin are more pure backs in my opinion.

Ha! Bro we shall see. That’s the same thing folks on here said to me when I said TVD should be starting over king. Said I was dumb. But hey 🤷🏾‍♂️. Lol. We all are guilty of being a prisoner of the moments. So because we see Knighton and Chaney play more… we assume they are the better ones. Maybe or maybe not. But I have feeling this staff will see it differently. Thad can tote that rock, runs low, and brings power and speed!! I like Knighton and all, but he’s gotta get his weight up. Chaney and Franklin are more pure backs in my opinion.
Coo coo agree to disagree. Thad slow as **** btw that's my opinion lol. I know you will disagree.....Knighton for sure needs his weight up but I think he's the type if he gains weight he will lose a step. Don't see his frame holding up...some guys can fill some guys fill and lose it. Chaney is a more pure back but that injury bug seems to follow him. He needs to stay healthy.....brown is trash never liked his highlights slow as well.....Parrish is pretty shifty and quick and tough. Citizen looks pretty good....I want to see how his speed translates to D1 cause it was tough to gauge for me in his video.

Great year for Florida running backs.... Young, Baxter, Fletcher, Singleton, Webb, Irvin(ND commit) and Simpkins. Just a guess, but figure Mario will go after a big back. You have Knighton and Parrish in the sub 200 range already.

Advertisement
Rooster not taking a backseat to nobody…y’all might need to go back and check his tape elite and physical af
I love Rooster but he’s not “elite”. He’s tough for his size and is a major threat catching the ball out of the backfield. I’ll concede that there’s a certain amount of subjectivity that provides some leeway for the use of the word. But an elite back wouldn’t have gone 0-for-20 on third/fourth and short last season

I hope he takes another step forward this year. But I’m my opinion we haven’t had an elite back since Duke and Rooster ain’t in the same category as Duke, my friend

I love Rooster but he’s not “elite”. He’s tough for his size and is a major threat catching the ball out of the backfield. I’ll concede that there’s a certain amount of subjectivity that provides some leeway for the use of the word. But an elite back wouldn’t have gone 0-for-20 on third/fourth and short last season

I hope he takes another step forward this year. But I’m my opinion we haven’t had an elite back since Duke and Rooster ain’t in the same category as Duke, my friend
Yea rooster is good but not elite. People throwing that word around for anyone with a good season. They need to chill bruh....Cook that's elite. The ability to completely win games on your explosive touches and take over. Everyone in the building knows u getting the ball and they can't stop u and everyone looks like they are in slo motion

Advertisement

Agree. If everyone is healthy, Chaney is my workhorse #1 back, no question in my mind.

A realistic goal for Mario is to get at least one of the Top 3 players at every position in the state every cycle.
100%

However, I also don't think it's unreasonable for Mario to create an environment that gets us the top players in the state at WR, CB and RB. Innis, McClain and Young.

Baxter doesn’t look like a real possibility…I’d imagine Bama, UGA, UF there. Maybe someone can tell me something I don’t know

Now Fletcher and Young appear realistic and 99% likely to OV to Miami

Last edited:
Coo coo agree to disagree. Thad slow as **** btw that's my opinion lol. I know you will disagree.....Knighton for sure needs his weight up but I think he's the type if he gains weight he will lose a step. Don't see his frame holding up...some guys can fill some guys fill and lose it. Chaney is a more pure back but that injury bug seems to follow him. He needs to stay healthy.....brown is trash never liked his highlights slow as well.....Parrish is pretty shifty and quick and tough. Citizen looks pretty good....I want to see how his speed translates to D1 cause it was tough to gauge for me in his video.
Remember when Mark Ingram won the Heisman? Or Ricky Williams or Eddie George or Ron Dayne? You love the elite explosive back, as you should but that doesn’t mean that’s the only back that can make a serious impact on a team. I know people love to point to Cook and Yearby but there is a wide range of back out there that isn’t necessarily a home run threat every single time but is better than Yearby. Don’t get pigeon holed here.

Advertisement
Baxters tape looks great . Hes a take all day every day. Ive been saying this for 10-15 years maybe longer, but we should set up camp on Edgewaters campus. They always have some serious talent on there teams.

You thought I was joking when I said he’s the best RB in the country. And he runs route like the smoothest WR in HS. He’s my number 1.
Idk if it’s because his stride is long but for my eye test I personally wouldn’t want him if there are better back out there. Takes a while for him to get going. I don’t see that burst.

Bruh I feel the same way. Knighting cannot take the beating and it showed. You saw that boy slowly get up and hands on knees too much. Maybe it was the conditioning. With more maturity and weight gain he might be better but as of last season I don’t feel like he can be RB1.

Advertisement
I think Young's burst his initial step is more explosive. They both can run away from D1 players. I just like that explosion one cut break through arm tackles and gone.
We haven't had someone run away from players since Lingard. Well, at least he ran away from competition really fast. Does that count?

We haven't had someone run away from players since Lingard. Well, at least he ran away from competition really fast. Does that count?
Nah he ran like he had a dik in his *** and can't break through arm tackles let alone the starting line up. Lingo ain't look like Young burst low center of gravity hard cuts gone. Lingo wasn't built like that that's why he's a gaytor. U can be fast and not have burst....Dorset is faster than Odel but the burst and in and out of breaks is what seperates him. Burst explosiveness are different than pure speed. If u have all of that your an elite player or possibly elite. Young looks like Dalvin out there.

Nah he ran like he had a dik in his *** and can't break through arm tackles let alone the starting line up. Lingo ain't look like Young burst low center of gravity hard cuts gone. Lingo wasn't built like that that's why he's a gaytor. U can be fast and not have burst....Dorset is faster than Odel but the burst and in and out of breaks is what seperates him. Burst explosiveness are different than pure speed. If u have all of that your an elite player or possibly elite. Young looks like Dalvin out there.
I was joking about how fast he ran away from competition. ;)

Advertisement
Back