.02 cent Wrap Up on CFB Weekend

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
Quick Hitters:
-Pls continue to overrank FSU; it's their Achilles heel
-Cam Akers AIN'T Dalvin Cook....like at all
-Coastal looks like ours for the taking
-Bama still can't throw a fwd pass, but the def still looks strong (still see a vulnerability covering TE's in the flat)
-Now we see y UF doesn't schedule their 1st game against a top 25 opponent. UF stinks.....like literally. I'd be surprised if they won 6 this yr.
-Clemson still looks like, well, like Clemson.
-LaMar Jackson looks poised to defend the Heisman
-Michigan won, but still feel overrated and a sacrificial lamb for OSU
-I expect UGA to fall out the top 25 sooner than later
-Texas has a new coach w the same results
-Kaaya and Yearby both made head scratching decisions

Our game:

Joaquin said dominate and we not doing it! Oy Vey on that game.

Positives:
-Walton and Homer. Told ya'll they may become the best 1-2 duo in the nation.
-Rosier extending and making plays. A couple of times where he escaped would've been a sack if Kaaya is still here
-Langham and Cager
-OL
-Mr Carter
-Mr Young

Negatives:
-The middle of the field being open.
-Not enough pressure created
-Dee Delaney
-Still struggling to impose our will to shorten the field
-The deep ball (way too much air and those would've been ints against better comp)
-Not exploiting the middle of the field on slants

All in and all, I give us a C+ today. No way BCU should've scored on their 1st drive. No way they should've had 116 yrds in the 3rd qtr...we should've been able to hang, at least, 56 on them and be in their back field at will. More discipline is needed, and I'm just happy we played like this against a BCU. I'm going to assume we took this game for granted, but at least it gives the staff something to humble these fine young men to stop listening to the hype and to do their jobs like everyone know they can.

Advertisement
Defense was feeling themselves and got checked. Manny got worked over by Bethune. I don't think we could have asked for a better outcome. We won and the D should be ****ed about their performance. They should be much better next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Not disagreeing but we still have two coastal games to watch this weekend. VT is always a fight.

Not disagreeing but we still have two coastal games to watch this weekend. VT is always a fight.

Came to say the same. Yeah, we should be able to win it, but yesterday's performance didn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzes

Advertisement
That defense looked like Manny's 2nd year at Texas. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue to follow. One of the reasons I was so hesitant on Diaz is he does play a little like Doritos defense. He give you all the hitches and slants you want trying not to give up the deep ball in return we get beat in the TOP stat. Need to stop playing prevent hoping the offense will mess up and attack and make them mess up

Lots to work on for the 'Canes after their BCU performance and Arky State has trap written all over it.

Overall, the minor Clemson NC diversion is over and Marky Mark's indifference to tacit approval (I think his prime focus is how much $$$ he, err the NCAA can make in March) to what is happening in FBS is only accelarating the trend. Last night, during the 'Bama vs. FSU game, I laughed at Chris Fowler's comment about a "secret arms race in college football" coupled with a shot of 14 or so 'Bama "consultants" in the press box and comments on how much resources 'Bama has...No Chris, it isn't secret and it's not an arms "race" if the other powers don't have the resources to compete. Within the next few minutes, in a rare moment of candor, Suckeyestreit (probably from even him reaching his, albeit stratospheric, BS meter limit) went off E$ECPN script and told an exasperated Fowler how '"Bama at TAMU won't even be a game..." The director or producer screaming in his ear (because they don't want to lose their job at "cable cutting means job cutting at E$ECPN") made him say Auburn would be a "challenge" but the tone and inflection of his voice told a different story.

I've said it for multiple seasons and I'm saying it again: Without enforcable Athletic Department Budget Caps, what you saw last night, #1 so far ahead of #3 will perpetuate; Heck, it's happening even faster than I feared. The non-competitveness, the concussions and the PC clampdown (SPINNING a ball gets you a 15 yard penalty!) will destroy what we love, maybe sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
BCU really came out with the perfect offensive game plan, so I'll give them that.

Still no excuse. I'm chalking it up first week flatness. If we look like that against Arkansas State, there will be cause for alarm.

Advertisement
BCU really came out with the perfect offensive game plan, so I'll give them that.

Still no excuse. I'm chalking it up first week flatness. If we look like that against Arkansas State, there will be cause for alarm.

Sure, but if they can execute that plan so well, imagine if teams with better talent do the same thing...

Quick Hitters:
-Pls continue to overrank FSU; it's their Achilles heel
-Cam Akers AIN'T Dalvin Cook....like at all
-Coastal looks like ours for the taking
-Bama still can't throw a fwd pass, but the def still looks strong (still see a vulnerability covering TE's in the flat)
-Now we see y UF doesn't schedule their 1st game against a top 25 opponent. UF stinks.....like literally. I'd be surprised if they won 6 this yr.
-Clemson still looks like, well, like Clemson.
-LaMar Jackson looks poised to defend the Heisman
-Michigan won, but still feel overrated and a sacrificial lamb for OSU
-I expect UGA to fall out the top 25 sooner than later
-Texas has a new coach w the same results
-Kaaya and Yearby both made head scratching decisions

Our game:

Joaquin said dominate and we not doing it! Oy Vey on that game.

Positives:
-Walton and Homer. Told ya'll they may become the best 1-2 duo in the nation.
-Rosier extending and making plays. A couple of times where he escaped would've been a sack if Kaaya is still here
-Langham and Cager
-OL
-Mr Carter
-Mr Young

Negatives:
-The middle of the field being open.
-Not enough pressure created
-Dee Delaney
-Still struggling to impose our will to shorten the field
-The deep ball (way too much air and those would've been ints against better comp)
-Not exploiting the middle of the field on slants

All in and all, I give us a C+ today. No way BCU should've scored on their 1st drive. No way they should've had 116 yrds in the 3rd qtr...we should've been able to hang, at least, 56 on them and be in their back field at will. More discipline is needed, and I'm just happy we played like this against a BCU. I'm going to assume we took this game for granted, but at least it gives the staff something to humble these fine young men to stop listening to the hype and to do their jobs like everyone know they can.

upvote and on the money except you forgot one negative that DEFINITELY needs fixing before this week...the flats.They were wide open all day because Diaz was blitzing.Either stop blitzing every down( shouldn't have to to get pressure against these teams if we are as good as advertised across the front) or bring the CBs up and take the chance the QB doesn't have time to beat you deep.Cant play off the WR and blitz.

Sorry for the hijack!!

Advertisement
Lack of sacks yesterday was due to BC quick passing game and lots of misdirection IMO

So our db's couldn't cover for two seconds ? I mean it was a quick passing game.

Apparently Delaney couldn't. That and we were giving a soft cushion all over. Its not that they couldn't cover for 2 seconds. They weren't covering to begin with.

BCU had a good game plan for trying to prevent sacks. I just never really understood why Diaz refused to go into press man. They never covered the slot man either. All the issues I saw were mainly coaching issues. Hopefully Diaz shows why he was a finalist for the Broyles last season. Because if he can't stop the gimmicky ****, its gonna be a long season.

Advertisement
Manny better stop thinking about jumping ship, the DT's shouldn't be thinking of NFL, CB's and safety's are iffy, the middle of the field was open all day. Bad angles on D, I didn't see too much pressure from this great Dline. I know it's the first game, but I'm calling it how I saw it.

They need to layoff reading the papers

Another thing Manny has to fix is the 3rd down defense. BCU was 8 for 17 on 3rd downs and 2/2 on 4th down :sanford:

We were playing so far off the receivers - and leaving such large areas open, I started looking for D'Onofrio on the sideline.

What were we doing??

Advertisement
Back