.02 cent Wrap Up on CFB Weekend

So our db's couldn't cover for two seconds ? I mean it was a quick passing game.

Evidently they can't when they're giving a 10 yard cushion.

I've went back and watched some of the replay , still early but I had to pause. What I did notice was alot of it was schematic, more than personnel ( even though guys were beaten). Diaz got way too cute , we were outnumbered wr vs db. Which made the flares and quick throws easier. The huge cushions also didn't help , which blew my mind.

We were beaten in pre snap a few times , just on alignment/formation.

Diaz got worked yesterday , the bcu oc was a step ahead. Which I don't know if that makes me feel any better.

I agree it was schematic. What I don't get is "where were the adjustments"?

At halftime, during the game day thread, everyone's saying Diaz will adjust, half time adjustments were one thing he was good at last year. Then when BC gets the ball after our first drive it was the same crap.

That's the one thing that makes me lean toward the "not showing your hand" angle. Diaz was a master at halftime adjustments all last year. Seriously we gave up something ridiculous like 6 ppg in the 2nd half last year. You can't tell me he just forgot how to make adjustments all of a sudden.

TBH , the formations and how we matched up looked a lot like the wefense years. Bcu was running rpo and the pre snap reads were super easy. I really don't know what Diaz was doing.

The cb's wasn't even in the screen at times.

Advertisement
One thing I can say watching the video of the first drive is that we took awful, and I mean terrible angles against the run. It wasn't just over-aggression it was just flat out bad fundamental football. That screams of coming out flat and getting outworked. Couple that with Diaz running passive-aggressive plays and you give up a lot of yards. It's interesting that when BC got close we tightened up significantly. Diaz isn't exactly a "bend don't break" kinda guy so I'm gonna chalk game 1 up to an overall lack of effort in a gameplan that wasn't really indicative of our scheme at all.

One thing I can say watching the video of the first drive is that we took awful, and I mean terrible angles against the run. It wasn't just over-aggression it was just flat out bad fundamental football. That screams of coming out flat and getting outworked. Couple that with Diaz running passive-aggressive plays and you give up a lot of yards. It's interesting that when BC got close we tightened up significantly. Diaz isn't exactly a "bend don't break" kinda guy so I'm gonna chalk game 1 up to an overall lack of effort in a gameplan that wasn't really indicative of our scheme at all.

Are u up for the "less you care" challenge pt 2?????

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back