🚨 NEW COMMIT - Keyshawn Smith 2020 WR 🚨

Advertisement
Untitled-design-56.jpg
LOL. He use to be a male stripper in Orlando. He now runs a pest control business.

For all his faults, Leach always did a great job identifying lower rated WRs like this who he could get to join him at the desolate outposts where he’s coached. It’s been a laundry list of similarly rated guys who would get open, catch the football, and score TDs in his offense. Most of them weren’t great pro prospects, but who gives a fck.

That goofy NFL U **** hasn’t exactly been working for us. Let’s get back to evaluating better and signing guys who can flourish in our system. This dude looks like a player.

Advertisement
The majority of the WRs on your list were not highly recruited coming out of HS. My pt was about S.FLA WRs rated 4 stars and above who don't pan out & bust at an extremely high rate because they're overrated & overhyped. I never once said that there were no WRs from S.FLA in the NFL. Clearly there is. However as Urban Meyer has said on numerous occasions, S.FLA players are raw. Therefore you have to properly evaluate, and provide them with coaching that is technically & fundamentally sound to maximize their chances of succeeding.
Just because they weren’t highly rated doesn’t mean that those ratings were correct. Remember Jerry Jeudy didn’t pick up a 5th star till after he committed to Bama and it was in the last evaluation period. Everybody down here knew he was the best receiver in the country a year before he even graduated. Do you think Bama went all in on Jones bell because he was rated lower or because he’s a **** good receiver and the rating system has it wrong.

Last edited:
*Attacks the ball in the air.

* Always looking to score

* Great open field vision. Sets up his blocks well on the short stuff. Will excel in the spread.

* I could only find junior season track #'s and they weren't great or bad....junior track times mean little. Nothing indicated he lacked speed or burst for the next level on that tape.
his track times are not good at all...11.91 / 11.75

Advertisement
@Liberty City El
I agree with your assessment of Worsham and to me that begs the question. Why was this staff so high on Worsham?
Because Worsham fit Enox & Stubbs system, he's a possession WR in the same vein as KJ Osborn.

I don't see the explosion that others see, to me he's a skinny slow kid that runs goods routes & has solid hands.

Keyshawn is a great pickup though, I liked this pickup a lot & loved that we were able to get him enrolled for Spring, he fits perfectly in Lashlee's offense.

He's got some Marqise Lee to his game.

Agreed but theyre 2018 times which was his junior year. I wouldnt put much stock in those. You compare his junior 100m to his senior tape and he certainly doesnt look like a 11.8 guy
I agree his film says otherwise......what about competition? Did his best highlights come against 1st, 2nd or 3rd string? Don't get me wrong... He looks like a good prospect... it's just hard to imagine him pulling away in college with those times...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back