🚨 BREAKING NEWS - Telly Lockette joining the staff 🚨

Advertisement
Manny honestly thinks everything is fine on the d, no need to change a top 20 defense. He believes a god awful o was the main issue. But if the d does fall off he’s proven he’ll make changes. The only catch is if the d falls off to the point we’re losing a lot of games he won’t have that opportunity lol.
Cribby, i agree with you, but teo things:
That terrible offense put our defense in a lot of bad field position with turnovers and bad
Possessions. Also, hopefully Manny learned
That if Baker is not getting it done, he needs to take control of the Defense.

Advertisement
I wish he would’ve at the very least replaced Patke

I'm interested in seeing what Patke does with his new LBs. I think this new crop is faster and more athletic than Shaq and Pinckney. I also wouldn't be surprised if McCloud has an outstanding year. Hopefully Diaz is thinking of Reed as the ST coordinator in the future with an eye on moving him to DB coach.

I believe they're able to do contact by phone, text, social media and on-campus. Only thing they're not allowed to do is have in-person contact off campus
That suc
Telly's son plays OL for MNW, bringing him in will ingratiate with that staff a great deal even more so than we already were.

The combo of Lockette & Ed Reed recruiting kids to come here will pay dividends.

All we have to do is win on the field... Thank God we got D'Eriq King to help expedite that process.

Now, just put everybody in bubble wrap for 8 months till opening game kickoff lol.
LCE i have taught about why Manny
Has not tampered with his defensive coaches. I know everyone says they are his boys. That is probably at least
Partially true. One thing i have taught is that he does not want to change
The most stable part of his team. He knows what he has with those coaches and he fixed what needed to be fixed which is the offense. What do you think?

Advertisement
If our Offense improves significantly, I think Diaz will realize he will need to go from boys to men on Defense too if he wants to compete with the big boys. This Defense capitalizes in playing In a horrific conference. That won’t cut it in the long run.
I agree with you but i have to say I agree with
Jimmy Johnson, we have to recruit better. I know the defensive play calling put us in some bad positions on plays but our defensive backs were not covering well and our linebackers were not covering well. That is why i am very happy our recruiting will
Improve.

After this year I was down with letting the entire staff, including Manny, go. The loss to FIU was a fireable offense. But I have to say the moves he’s made are giving me hope. We now have good recruiters, a real OC, and a QB that has already proven what he can do at the college level. If we win this year, combined with the recruiters we now have on staff, our future classes can have a real chance to make a difference. The key is we have to win this year.
I think Manny felt the pressure and so did
Blake. They had no choice but to get their chit together. And i have to say, i do not know how they could have done better than they have.

Advertisement
Telly's son plays OL for MNW, bringing him in will ingratiate with that staff a great deal even more so than we already were.

The combo of Lockette & Ed Reed recruiting kids to come here will pay dividends.

All we have to do is win on the field... Thank God we got D'Eriq King to help expedite that process.

Now, just put everybody in bubble wrap for 8 months till opening game kickoff lol.
Need to clean up at the West this year!

1580634288387.jpeg

Advertisement
So with Lockette on board who does that put us in play with in south Florida??

James Williams
Lewis
Daniels
Brinson
Brooks
Taylor
Marshall
Collier
B Smith
Collins

any of the above??

interested to know the answer to this question also.

Manny done got in his bag on majority of these coaching hires this offseason. If only he would’ve canned Patke on defense and hired an ace recruiter at that spot but aye keep it up Manny.

Defense will be fine this year as it has been for the last four. Aside from Baxa's nuclear level meltdown, Patke did a good job shoring up the special teams. We were 3rd in the nation in PR average and Headley and the PR return coverage was as well. Imo he is growing into a good role with this team and will be solid for us going forward,

Advertisement
Back