🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

Advertisement
Putting way too much emphasis on King as if he is the panacea to out football problems like Tate. Let the chips fall and lets see what happens but it certainly looks like UM is his destination.

Advertisement
Putting way too much emphasis on King as if he is the panacea to out football problems like Tate. Let the chips fall and lets see what happens but it certainly looks like UM is his destination.
Tate never shoulda been so hype. He literally only played when his team was up 50 and looked just ok. You're talking about a qb who was responsible for 50 tds in a season here. Not the same.

he's better than our entire qb room and, unlike tate, has proven that he can run and throw against p5 teams.

Advertisement
I don't think anything is "holding up" the announcement . It is 10 am on Monday . If he was going to announce he would do it later today or tomorrow . If he doesn't he isn't coming . I'd be shocked if we don't know he is a Cane by 7-8 tonight to be honest .

I was referring to the people who were wondering why he didn't commit on the spot and why he hasn't just come out and confirmed the leaks since its out there now anyway. Maybe "holding up" was a bad term but there is a reason why he hasn't come out yet with his commitment and frankly its none of our business and it doesn't matter as long as he is wearing that U on his helmet come Spring ball. lol

Tate never shoulda been so hype. He literally only played when his team was up 50 and looked just ok. You're talking about a qb who was responsible for 50 tds in a season here. Not the same.
If king put up those stats in his senior season we’d be recruiting the **** out of him. The fact that he did it in college and people are putting him and Tate is the same breath Is just dumb

Advertisement
Also, figured I'd throw a little context in here for the folks who (for some ungodly reason) don't think this kid is the goods.

In 2018, Houston played 2 P5 teams. Arizona and Texas Tech. Surely not any defensive monsters, but remember King is playing with a Houston roster vs a P5 roster. At best, comparable. At worst, a slight disadvantage. In those 2 games, Houston scored 45 and 49 points (they went 1-1 because Mark D'Onofrio was their DC and Texas Tech scored 63 on them). King's numbers:

Vs. Arizona -- 17/34 (50%), 246 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs. 5 carries for 31 yards, 2 TDs.
at Texas Tech -- 30/51 (59%), 431 yards, 5 TDs. 0 INTs. 11 carries for 47 yards, 1 TD

So in the 2 games, he completed 55% of his passes for 677 yards, 9 passing TDs and another 78 yards rushing and 3 TDs. 750 yards of offense in 2 games with 12 touchdowns. Yeah. We don't need that kid LOL.

Oh, and in 11 games, he accounted for 3656 yards of total offense (332 per game) with FIFTY touchdowns. And the 11th game was the game he got hurt, so it wasn't even a full 11 games.
He only played 2.5 quarters in the Arizona game as well, because it was a blowout. Hence, the low yardage numbers

I was referring to the people who were wondering why he didn't commit on the spot and why he hasn't just come out and confirmed the leaks since its out there now anyway. Maybe "holding up" was a bad term but there is a reason why he hasn't come out yet with his commitment and frankly its none of our business and it doesn't matter as long as he is wearing that U on his helmet come Spring ball. lol
How’s about he is taking his time to make it official because this decision will impact the rest of his life?

I get it tho... how selfish can this guy be? He knows we’re all dying to know!

Advertisement
This is totally conjecture, but King supported MLK when he graduated from UH. He even had a sweatshirt with MLK and a quote on it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he wanted to wait until today to announce for a reason. We will see.

Advertisement
Back