🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

Advertisement
I think JW could learn from someone like King and get better. As of now, he can't be our starter next season. He didn't have the mental toughness you need at the QB position. He's got the talent, but the QB position requires more than arm talent to be good. There's a reason it's considered the hardest position in all of sports. King had better stats 2 years ago than any QB we've had here in 2 decades. Not to mention, he could run our new O. Anyone not looking at this as a huge recruiting win is in denial.
Jarren should learn from King and get in the portal now.

Yup. Ho lee fuuk
1579377282384.gif

Advertisement
For some reason, the limited times I’ve seen Tate attempt to throw the football it looks like he can’t get any velocity on the ball. It’s almost like a kid with really small hands who can’t get enough grip to spin it.

I’m super excited about the prospect of bringing King in. I saw him a lot at Houston, and he’s a very dynamic playmaker. Not the best technical passer, but he doesn’t have to be with the strain he puts on defenses with his legs.

I haven’t seen that sort of athleticism from Tate. I’m familiar with his shuttle and all that, but on the field he couldn’t even shake La Tech defenders. I’m not one of the Tate haters on here, but Lashlee would have his work cut out for him with Tate from what I’ve seen.

I’d love to see Perry stick around as a veteran relief pitcher if we get King because King does have a history of getting dinged.
King would work well with an unreliable and porous OL. He has the ability to take off and make something good happen if protection breaks down, as it almost certainly will from time to time.

Historically, our great defensive concept, the attacking 4-3 slide, always had the most trouble handling athletic QBs, not statuesque dropback passers. We could get a pass rush on the latter.

King could give fits to a lot of the teams we face.

No way Maryland ever had better receivers, in the '80's, or probably even now, either.

We beat Maryland in the '80's. Our revenge game in '85 was a clear victory in Baltimore's Memorial Stadium. I was there. The '84 game, with the remarkable Maryland comeback under Frank Reich, was something of a fluke. Our coaching staff was in turmoil with Bill Trout, a holdover DC from Schnellenberger's staff, in open disagreement with the head coach, Jimmy Johnson.

We had guys like Eddie Brown, Mike Irvin, Brian Blades and Brett Perriman as WRs in the '80's. No way Maryland had better WRs.

I don't know Maryland's roster now, but they rarely have the kind of offensive skill players we have.
I was only referring to the part about Luke. Also, despite how bad Enos made our talent look last year, no way would I trade our O talent for 3-9 Maryland's. This year, under Lashlee (and hopefully King) I think we'll finally get to see why a lot of the returning (and new) talent we have on offense was wanted by a majority of CFB programs during their recruitments..

Advertisement
Is that the same "Lefthook" from 247? If so, guy is ultra-negative about everything Miami. Always seemed like a troll from a rival fanbased looking to go out if his way to sabotage our recruiting with over-the-top negativity. This pretty much confirms it. No real Cane fan would do something like this..

Must be one of our CIS regulars

Advertisement
I spoke to King's ex girlfriends best friend and she told me King is taking his talents to S. beach.

(See I can do it too) LOL
I gotta go back and talk to the Mexican woman at Chipotle. If I can understand her through the accent...She already told me about LSU's interest in Baker. I think.

Not enough time to consult my old testament prophet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back