🚨🚨OFFICIAL MIAMI-BAMA PREDICTION THREAD🚨🚨

Uh, yea our D is better than our O. We still don’t know how well our interior line will play. We still don’t know if our WE are going to be any better. You’re crazy if you don’t think our D that’s basically returning everybody but 2 ends isn’t better than this Dr. Jeckel Mr. Hyde offense that’s caused by how horrible our WRs and interior line played. Baker isn’t calling the defense anymore.

Understood. Your opinion. We don’t know how our interior will play? The center who will be a 3rd year starter and the 5th year SR in Donaldson who has over 20 starts? Rivers is the newbie, got it. Well if we don’t know how our interior will play then we def don’t know how our edge guys will play and our starting WLB who has never played the position on this level. Those 2 horrible WRs from last year will have wood splinters from sitting on the bench all season so I don’t think that will be an issue this year but what do I know.

The offense will have to carry the team this year because that is where majority of our best players reside including the best player this University has had in quite some time. I’m willing to bet majority of people on this site would agree with me when I say our off >>> our def but again, you are entitled to your opinion.

Advertisement
41-27 Canes

We will score if Lashlee studied Ole Miss and UF.

The defense is what has me puzzled. If we take away the quick throws, I think we rattle Young for some turnovers. If we really get him off rhythm, we can disrupt their offense and make this the beginning of the end for Saban. The decline always comes and we can start it for their dynasty. I am hoping T Rob is in Manny’s ear and we force Young to beat us on low percentage throws. Go 8-9 in the box. Do whatever it takes to stop the run.

King doesn’t turn the ball over. We have the advantage at the most important position.

This mismatch in qb experience is why I don’t think it will be a shoot out. Otherwise I would go 38-35 or 44-41 either way.

All this is assumes our coordinators are at their best. Good game plans on both sides and we win.

This won't be a coaches fault this will be a talent fault. Unless they do something super stupid. They are loaded u will see how deep they are. They are at another level. Our roster isn't ready for something like that

If we lose 44-17 it would absolutely be the fault of coaches.

I predicted we would beat Notre Dame 38-0. We all know the final.

We should NOT have lost to LSU, but **** poor play calling and punting threw that game down the drain.

The reason so many people get games wrong is because we underestimate game planning, situation and emotion.

LSU loss: Joe Burrows made his first start. LSU offense was dull and conservative. Ed O had previously proven to be a mediocre head coach. Miami coming off best season in forever with Malik coming in more experienced.

Bama: Long streak of first game wins. Unprecedented run of championships. Quarterback making first start. New offensive systems. Ton of new starters on offense. TRASH SECONDARY. High potential for complacency.

Bama can beat us by two touchdowns on talent, no doubt.

Anything more than 20 means the coaches failed at their job. We lost LSU because bad coaching gave the insurmountable momentum. We almost beat a good Florida team because we did a better job controlling momentum, EVEN WITH ENOS ****TING THE BED LOL.

All we have to is have good gameplans and not give up momentum. Keep our guys steady and let Bama tighten up. We can look like we belong.

Just show me something to remain optimistic for the rest of the season. How much better could we possibly have gotten since the OSU game?

Advertisement
Understood. Your opinion. We don’t know how our interior will play? The center who will be a 3rd year starter and the 5th year SR in Donaldson who has over 20 starts? Rivers is the newbie, got it. Well if we don’t know how our interior will play then we def don’t know how our edge guys will play and our starting WLB who has never played the position on this level. Those 2 horrible WRs from last year will have wood splinters from sitting on the bench all season so I don’t think that will be an issue this year but what do I know.

The offense will have to carry the team this year because that is where majority of our best players reside including the best player this University has had in quite some time. I’m willing to bet majority of people on this site would agree with me when I say our off >>> our def but again, you are entitled to your opinion.
Most definitely our offense is better than the defense this year although I expect both to make significant improvements as the year goes on.

Alabama 45
Miami 17

I love our squad this year but this Alabama team is just something that we are not ready for. I am in complete agreement with @Dwinstitles . This is all about talent and this Alabama roster is far superior to ours. After the game a huge part of the fan base will put it on Manny Diaz and call for his firing and I will disagree with that. We just have to keep building up the program like we have been doing and continue to get better every week and every year. Finish the season strong with 10 plus wins and win a NY6 Bowl. Keep recruiting better and more elite talent and improve the staff at every opportunity. I also think its important to remember that a loss to Alabama has no bearing on our goal to win the Coastal and play in the ACCCG. Also remember that this team will be much better towards the end of the year. We must also keep in mind that a loss to the Tide doesn't mean that this is the same old Miami. Could an upset happen? Yes of course as we have very good talent, experience plus a 6 year Senior veteran QB and Heisman hopeful in D'erique King.

To be honest I don't see us moving the football consistently. I know our OL has tremendous experience but against this opponent Im just not buying it. I think our running game will be non existent and King will be running for his life. It will be very difficult for us to score despite all of our skill position talent. Until this program gets it through its thick skull that Offensive Line recruiting and development is the most important thing and that we will not be elite until both lines are elite we will continue to hover at the 9 win mark and never break through. That is the cold reality and the bottom line. We can be 5 deep at RB have a 3 deep at all 3 WR positions and have AA QBs waiting in the wings but without that OL it means nothing. For this game in particular I see Christian Harris and ToTo at LB wreaking havoc. Defensively we just aren't good enough at DE or LB and that is going to cost us in this game. I don't see us being able to consistently stop their rushing attack or put enough pressure on Bryce Young. I see Bama methodically moving the ball against us. To me its a simple game of leverage and their OL will out leverage our defense. I do think the kids will come to play and the game may be relatively close for up to a half. Then Alabama will begin to pull away and it might start to snowball. I have this game as a sound defeat but I believe this team and program are on the right track and that we will rebound from this to have an excellent season. Obviously I hope that Im wrong about this game and that we pull off the upset. We will see.

Last edited:
17-10 game.

what’s up with all these high scoring predictions? The defense are the best units on both teams.
If that’s all Bama scores, we will kick they ***.

King ain’t getting held under 30 unless Lashlee gets catastrophic diarrhea.

Their front 7 is susceptible to eye candy and misdirection. Their secondary can be had. It all rests on Lashlee’s gameplan.

Advertisement
Somehow, someway we get the ball last in the 4th quarter. Rhett and D’Eriq direct the offense down the field but stall leaving a 49yd game winning kick for young Borregales. Just like his brother before him, and nerves of steel he nails it with 3secs left on the clock. Miami pulls the stunner 31-30
I can definitely appreciate your ending but how sweet might the reverse be but a Wide Right by Baga with Sabag doing his best Bowden impersonation thinking the Baga kicker nailed it?

Heard Manny after practice and I think it's the same thing we've heard for 3 years. lisp hip, buck ship, walk slip. Fack. I hope I'm wrong.
Surprise is, our LBs pull thier weight and it changes the complexity of the game.
**** alabaga. Will Male & Xavier are household names afterward. F*ck em' all.

Advertisement
Heard Manny after practice and I think it's the same thing we've heard for 3 years. lisp hip, buck ship, walk slip. Fack. I hope I'm wrong.
Surprise is, our LBs pull thier weight and it changes the complexity of the game.
**** alabaga. Will Male & Xavier are household names afterward. F*ck em' all.
"Surprise is, our LBs pull thier weight and it changes the complexity of the game."

I want what you are smoking.

Upsets are what make college football so great. We have a true Heisman candidate and their qb is starting his first game. Thats a huge advantage. Canes roll. Satan has a heart attack. Dynasty over. Let's Go!!!

Advertisement
17-10 game.

what’s up with all these high scoring predictions? The defense are the best units on both teams.
17-10? You must really believe in this defense if you expect them to hold Bama to either 10 or 17 points. We've let worse teams score more. I maybe could see that score at halftime.

Depth on D is going to do us in during the second half and allow Bama to get in that 35+ range. There's no reason McCloud should be receiving significant snaps at all, let alone at DE unless he's the 6th guy off the bench (he's the 3rd DE!). We don't have confidence in anyone besides Flagg to play LB and Keontra is undersized for the position.

Unless Harrison Hunte takes that next step or LT is the second coming of Ndamukong Suh, Bama's inexperience along the OL isn't going to be something that can be taken advantage of. The advantage we will have is their inexperience at QB and WR, considering we have some good players in the secondary, so the best bet would be to stop the run and let Young beat you. Can they do that consistently for 4 quarters?

My heart says:
UM 37
Bama 33

My gut says:
UM 20
Bama 38

I feel like we're going to look good at times on offense, but the Bama depth will wear us down, and I am just not sure we're good enough at LB to stop their run.

One thing that I would bet the bank on:
Lots of folks on this site are going to go ape **** and absolutely overreact to every single aspect of the game!

Advertisement
Back