šŸˆ OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL 54 THREAD šŸˆ

Advertisement
Happy for Pat Mahomes he's the new face of the NFL & is a supremely gifted QB.

Probably has the best pure arm talent I've ever seen in my lifetime, except maybe Favre or Vick.

I also love the formula of Texas QB + Florida WR's, it's what I believe we need to use & build here.

Every time I see Mahomes, Iā€™m bitterly reminded how dumb my Chicago Bears are. Traded up for an unproven guy who had one, decent, season as a 1st time starter, vs trading back, getting more picks for either Watson or Mahomes. Smh

Every time I see Mahomes, Iā€™m bitterly reminded how dumb my Chicago Bears are. Traded up for an unproven guy who had one, decent, season as a 1st time starter, vs trading back, getting more picks for either Watson or Mahomes. Smh
It'll go down as one of the dumbest moves in league history, the more Mahomes & Watson continues to win, while Trubisky struggles mightily.

Andy Reid is quite arguably the most brilliant football mind in the business, he has the most successful coaching tree in the league & the man has built countless contender teams with several QB's & finally had the foresight to move up to get a special arm talent QB like Mahomes & won a Super Bowl with him just 3 years after.

Reid doesn't get the credit he deserves because eveveryone loves to praise Belicheat, but Reid IMO is legitimately in the top 3 coaches of all-time in the NFL & not just based on this SB, but based on his career body of work & all the coaches that have come from his system & gone on to have success. He came from the Bill Walsh/Mike Holmgren tree but he continued it on & took it to another level.

Advertisement
It'll go down as one of the dumbest moves in league history, the more Mahomes & Watson continues to win, while Trubisky struggles mightily.

Andy Reid is quite arguably the most brilliant football mind in the business, he has the most successful coaching tree in the league & the man has built countless contender teams with several QB's & finally had the foresight to move up to get a special arm talent QB like Mahomes & won a Super Bowl with him just 3 years after.

Reid doesn't get the credit he deserves because eveveryone loves to praise Belicheat, but Reid IMO is legitimately in the top 3 coaches of all-time in the NFL & not just based on this SB, but based on his career body of work & all the coaches that have come from his system & gone on to have success. He came from the Bill Walsh/Mike Holmgren tree but he continued it on & took it to another level.

Ppl ?ā€™d Reid & KC for taking Mahomes. Smith was coming off of back to back Pro Bowl seasons, starting to look like the 1st overall pick he was drafted at; yet Reid had foreknowledge to get to the next level, he was going to need a guy who can both stretch the field, and make the intermediate throws.

I agree; Reid doesnā€™t get the credit he deserves, but all that guy do is win & have all his teams competitive. Heā€™s been on the door steps of so many SBs. Iā€™m happy for him.

People forget that he got bashed and questioned for moving up and picking Mahomes.

@Rellyrell

I think the dumbest move actually was the rise of a one year starter who played in a pure college system. Never in my life did I ever see a college champion who was more successful in a better, more complex system drop while the one hit wonder rose. I can understand how people slept on Mahomes...**** me, you, and everybody else did but Trubisky over Watson is the real crime.

Advertisement
@Rellyrell

I think the dumbest move actually was the rise of a one year starter who played in a pure college system. Never in my life did I ever see a college champion who was more successful in a better, more complex system drop while the one hit wonder rose. I can understand how people slept on Mahomes...**** me, you, and everybody else did but Trubisky over Watson is the real crime.

Correct; Trubisky over Watson was the real crime. Mahomes had a really great combine. Unfortunately, teams have shied away from guys coming from Air Raid systems due to most of them flaming at the next level in yrs past, which is y Mahomes was an after thought. But, Trubisky over Watson??! Yeah, not sure what the **** that was about. Trubisky didnā€™t even have that ā€œwowā€ combine factor, either.

Last edited:
@Rellyrell

The biggest crime is that Bill O'Brien didnt want to draft Watson either. Now Watson is the reason he still has a job

The last 8 minutes of this game is why I hate the NFL. Is there anyone here that didn't know that Kansas City was going to score 2 quick TDs to take the lead when they were down 20-10 midway through the 4th?

Is there anyone here who didn't know that the Chiefs would convert that 3rd and 15? Is there a single individual here who didn't know beyond a shadow of a doubt that when Kansas City scored the touchdown to cut the San Francisco lead to 20-17 that the Chiefs were going to win? Anyone here who actually thought that the 49er's would score another point once Kansas City cut the 49er's lead to 3? This was the same bull**** old, tired and totally predictable NFL script.

Advertisement
I don't know how anyone can watch that game and not recognize the absurdity of drafting a defensive end with the second pick when you don't have a quarterback. This is no longer a chess piece sport on the NFL level. Mahomes raved about the 49ers defense yet he put up 31 points. That is the new and ongoing reality. If you don't prioritize the quarterback position until you get it absolutely correct then you don't have a complaint.

I love teams constructed like the 49ers. But the math simply does not work anymore. You have to win an unlikely percentage of personnel decisions to build a team like that. Then even if somehow you do connect on one chess piece after another, the window is absurdly small until they all have to be paid and therefore it falls apart.

Contrast to finding the freak quarterback and playing patchwork around him, along with making sure you have skill players who can create their own shot. That is now imperative in the NFL. There is one normally sharp poster here who ridicules the notion of playmakers. That could not be more ignorant. In these NFL playoffs the single greatest contrast I saw was the difference in athletic ability between Travis Kelcie of the Chiefs and Mark Andrews of the Ravens. Mahomes has playmakers who can create their own shot while Lamar Jackson has to do far too much on his own, other than Hollywood Brown. I'm sure John Harbaugh came to that gulp realization during the playoff defeat and will prioritize the necessary changes.

The Clemson playmakers also dictated that Alabama/Clemson championship game last season, creating a margin that was a total fluke and making Trevor Lawrence look better than he actually is.

This is funny asf, though.
The Chiefs play in Kansas City, MISSOURI.
NOT RAGGEDY *** KANSAS

FB_IMG_1580712619571.jpg

Advertisement
The last 8 minutes of this game is why I hate the NFL. Is there anyone here that didn't know that Kansas City was going to score 2 quick TDs to take the lead when they were down 20-10 midway through the 4th?

Is there anyone here who didn't know that the Chiefs would convert that 3rd and 15? Is there a single individual here who didn't know beyond a shadow of a doubt that when Kansas City scored the touchdown to cut the San Francisco lead to 20-17 that the Chiefs were going to win? Anyone here who actually thought that the 49er's would score another point once Kansas City cut the 49er's lead to 3? This was the same bull**** old, tired and totally predictable NFL script.
Wtf are you talking about? Nobody KNEW any of those things for sure

Congrats to the Chiefs. They got the job done. Happy for Kansas City and Reid.

On a "I want to connect this to UM" note-
I really liked that shotgun option play near the goalline and in short yardage KC used. Would like to see King do something like that for us in key situations.

Advertisement
Back