“The Catch”. Restrepo highlight catch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, the scorching hot takes like “ we’re better without him and the only reason Tvd throws to him is because they’re boyfriends”. Now Ward is doing the same thing, it’s almost like he’s our best and most consistent wr lol.
😂 💯

Advertisement
I just hope that after the first 3rd and 4 drop or muffed punt CIS keeps this same energy.

Danny is very excited about "The Catch" as well.

Screenshot_20240307_165902_Facebook.jpg

Is he white 🤔. I dont necessarily see that. I see the kid as Portuguese or Spanish, i guess thats white to some.

respectfully, this statement betrays your ignorance. do you know the difference between race and ethnicity? for example, i am white AND hispanic (Cuban, specifically, actually born there)(no, i didn't come in a raft).

Arnoldis Chapman and Jorge Soler are black and Hispanic.
Mike Tyson is black and anglo.
Joe Biden is white and anglo
Xavier Restrepo is white AND Hispanic (Puerto Rican (i think) to be exact

"Spanish" as you say, means he was born in Spain, which he wasn't, or "Portuguese" means he was born in Portugal, which he wasn't, Unless you are identifying his ethnicity by way of language spoken, which is even more ignorant.

here's a conundrum for you the brainiac. Gabriel Cabrera Infante, one of Cuban's best writers ever (RIP), was born in Cuba, of at least one Chinese parent (whose parents were Chinese IIRC) and he was also an octoroon. Guess his race and ethnicity? let me know when your brain hurts

Meng.

[some biographical information was corrected]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is he white 🤔. I dont necessarily see that. I see the kid as Portuguese or Spanish, i guess thats white to some.

respectfully, this statement betrays your ignorance. do you know the difference between race and ethnicity? for example, i am white AND hispanic (Cuban, specifically, actually born there)(no, i didn't come in a raft).

"Spanish" as you say, means he was born in Spain, which he wasn't, or "Portuguese" means he was born in Portugal, which he wasn't, Unless you are identifying his ethnicity by way of language spoken, which is even more ignorant.

here's a conundrum for you the brainiac. Gabriel Cabrera Infante, one of Cuban's best writers ever (RIP), was born in Cuba, of at least one Chinese parent (whose parents were Chinese IIRC) and he was also an octoroon. Guess his race and ethnicity? let me know when your brain hurts

Meng.

Pokemon Eating GIF

Whatever happens when his career at The U is done, X will always get a hat tip from me. He came in under the radar and simply BUSTED HIS A$S for his entire time here. He embodies everything we want from a work ethic/mental toughness standpoint. I hope he has an awesome season and loads of success on Sundays. That video was awesome.
A lot of similarities with Braxton Berrios.

The narrative really came from Tyler more so than X. The consensus i saw wasnt a slight toward X but disdain for the fact that Tyler stared at him so much and it stifled a lot of drives. So cats insanely and emotionally suggested maybe X should leave so our QB would be forced to look at someone else.

Stupid af you say? I concur. I dare you to go back and read some of the gameday threads. Those gameday emotions have MFs reaching for the stars with the craziest takesm
Maybe, just maybe, TVD was latching on top because he was the only wr getting constistently open and making the tough catches.

Meng.

This was a really weird post and rant. Seek help. " betrays your ignorance"? Wtf does that even mean?

White and black are not ethnicities or nationalities. A totally madeup construct by the modern American curriculum.

Im not even sure what point you're trying to get across. Or if you're joking, or what the **** is going on.

I gotta prepare for coaching this 7v7 spring practice in 30 minutes. I aint got time for this craziness.

Advertisement
Maybe, just maybe, TVD was latching on top because he was the only wr getting constistently open and making the tough catches.

Nah. Tyler just sucked. No one can cut up a film edit and show this narrative to be truth because it isnt.

This was a really weird post and rant. Seek help. " betrays your ignorance"? Wtf does that even mean?

White and black are not ethnicities or nationalities. A totally madeup construct by the modern American curriculum.

Im not even sure what point you're trying to get across. Or if you're joking, or what the **** is going on.

I gotta prepare for coaching this 7v7 spring practice in 30 minutes. I aint got time for this craziness.

@Empirical Cane can you translate for this troglodyte por favor?

thanks Meng.

Xs sin is the color of his skin. There, I said it. Now we can move on
Joo talkeng crazee meng.

He has production.

He doesn't have classic measurables.

NFL (and D1) 100% defaults to classic measurables even after someone who doesn't have them puts up HOF production numbers.

Advertisement
Best receiver easily. I like George but the more consistent player is X by far. Easily one of the top returning receivers in the country.

Actually, he can be covered. But he makes the catches anyway. Huge catch radius for such a smallish guy.
Restrepo is awesome… Unfortunately he isn’t elite. His lack of prototypical size makes it harder for QBs to throw him into certain spots and his lack of elite athleticism makes him unlikely candidate to take one from the flats and house.

I never complained about X. I did however state TVDs over reliance on X and staring him down made it easier for defenses to mess with TVD.

Advertisement
Good lord has this thread taken a wrong turn. How did we go from simply celebrating a great catch by a great kid to race, ethnicity and all the other nonsense?

There’s a common misconception here that X only caught a lot of passes because TVD ONLY looked at him and didn’t throw it to anyone else. Yet Jacoby George had more yards than any WR2 ever at UM last year and Colbie Young had more than any WR3. ****, George would have been the team leader in yards receptions and touchdowns most years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back