“Miami will play for a Natty in the next 5 years…”

Advertisement
No sure how to take this one; lol.
Are you 5’6”? Do you like DMT, MMA, or hunting? Do you wanna cook an elk steak on your traeger?

If you answered yes to any of the above check with with your doctor because you may be Bro Joegan.

Advertisement
Are you 5’6”? Do you like DMT, MMA, or hunting? Do you wanna cook an elk steak on your traeger?

If you answered yes to any of the above check with with your doctor because you may be Bro Joegan.

Thank God, I checked my grill & height. Lol

Yeah, I have us scheduled w/in 3-4 yrs, honestly. I think yr 1 (now) is cultural, mindset change. I still have us winning 8 + bowl w/ 9 total wins.

Yr 2 I have us winning 11+ games, and a NY6

Yr 3 I have us in the CFP

Yr 4 I have us as champions

I think this timeline sets up perfectly w/ a change of mindset both on the field & off the field, and the roster truly being 2-3 talent rich on the depth chart.

Of course, this timeline can change if or when we switch conferences.
Depends on the conference situation.

If we remain the ACC I can see a ACC title as soon as next season, and a CFP berth unless there are 2 losses.

Depends on the conference situation.

If we remain the ACC I can see a ACC title as soon as next season, and a CFP berth unless there are 2 losses.

Just to make sure, when u say next season, r u referring to this coming season or yr 2 of Mario’s tenure, my brother?

Advertisement
3 years. TVD will ball this year but defense will still be a liability. Next year I can see JC leading us to the playoffs. But it's that 3rd year where we win and take off with either JC, Jucurri, or Jaden.
Defense will be better then offense this year. Steele knows he has talent.

Just to make sure, when u say next season, r u referring to this coming season or yr 2 of Mario’s tenure, my brother?
2023, year 2.

Although a 2022 ACC title isn‘t out of the question. Assuming no key season-ending injuries and improvement across the board. With a real staff the latter is possible.

No only to the MMA part.

Advertisement
2023, year 2.

Although a 2022 ACC title isn‘t out of the question. Assuming no key season-ending injuries and improvement across the board. With a real staff the latter is possible.

Yeah, I can see that.

Let’s look at history of great coaches coming in:

-Bear Bryant
Bama yr 1 (5-4-1) / yr 2 (7-2-2)

-Joe Paterno
PSU yr 1 (5-5) / yr 2 (8-2-1)

-Bobby Bowden:
FSU yr 1 (5-6) / yr 2 (10-2)

-Jimmy Johnson
Miami yr 1 (8-5) / yr 2 (10-2)

-Pete Carroll
USC yr 1 6-6 / yr 2 (11-2)

-Nick Saban
LSU yr 1 (8-6) / yr 2 (10-3)
Bama yr 1 (7-6) / yr 2 (12-2)

-Mark Richt
UGA yr 1 (8-4) / yr 2 (13-1)
Miami yr 1 (9-4) / yr 2 (10-3)

-Mario Cristobal
UO yr 1 (9-4) / yr 2 (12-2)

-Bob Stoops
OU yr 1 (7-5) / yr 2 (13-0)

Urban Meyer
UF yr 1 9-3 / yr 2 (13-1)

Majority of the renowned coaches took 2 yrs to turn around their program, either winning the national championship or catapulting them to a big bowl game setting them up for future national championships. Swinney took 3 yrs, but when we see a HC taking over a championship caliber program, they needed 2 yrs, no more than 3 to change the culture. It’s why I have it in my CFB bible that every coach needs at least 3 yrs; if we don’t see results by yr 3 (unless said coach is under sanctions), then there’s a good chance they’ll flop.

Swinney - by yr 3
Fickell - by yr 2
Aranda - by yr 2

Of course there are some outliers that came right in & start winning (Coker, Riley, Erickson), but those guys took over ideal situations & on the opposite, u have guys like Gundy or Mark Stoops who took 5-6 yrs to break through that 10 win barrier, but the overwhelming data shows w/in 2-3 yrs we should see a seismic change, w/ yr 1 “typically” being the growing pain yr.

Majority of the renowned coaches took 2 yrs to turn around their program, either winning the national championship or catapulting them to a big bowl game setting them up for future national championships. Swinney took 3 yrs, but when we see a HC taking over a championship caliber program, they needed 2 yrs, no more than 3 to change the culture. It’s why I have it in my CFB bible that every coach needs at least 3 yrs; if we don’t see results by yr 3 (unless said coach is under sanctions), then there’s a good chance they’ll flop.

Swinney - by yr 3
Fickell - by yr 2
Aranda - by yr 2

Of course there are some outliers that came right in & start winning (Coker, Riley, Erickson), but those guys took over ideal situations & on the opposite, u have guys like Gundy or Mark Stoops who took 5-6 yrs to break through that 10 win barrier, but the overwhelming data shows w/in 2-3 yrs we should see a seismic change, w/ yr 1 “typically” being the growing pain yr.
Agreed.

This season’s schedule is favorable. I presume only preseason underdog games are road games at TAMU and at Clemson. This doesn’t mean the remaining 10 games will all be 30pt-margin cakewalks like the Miami teams of yesteryear, but a 10-2 regular season isn‘t unreasonable. There are areas lacking depth, like LB, and clear stars, like WR. And to be honest, Mario’s history of playing lesser teams close could result in a loss or two if an off day by Miami meets a well-played game by UNC, Pittsburgh, or even at VT. The ball bounces funny sometimes.

Barring a rash of key injuries I see no reason for anything less than 9-3.

What I want to see is Miami playing their best ball at the end of the season. This will indicate the culture is taking root and gives us even more to look forward to in 2023.

Instead of limping to the finish line every season since 2004.

Advertisement
Agreed.

This season’s schedule is favorable. I presume only preseason underdog games are road games at TAMU and at Clemson. This doesn’t mean the remaining 10 games will all be 30pt-margin cakewalks like the Miami teams of yesteryear, but a 10-2 regular season isn‘t unreasonable. There are areas lacking depth, like LB, and clear stars, like WR. And to be honest, Mario’s history of playing lesser teams close could result in a loss or two if an off day by Miami meets a well-played game by UNC, Pittsburgh, or even at VT. The ball bounces funny sometimes.

Barring a rash of key injuries I see no reason for anything less than 9-3.

What I want to see is Miami playing their best ball at the end of the season. This will indicate the culture is taking root and gives us even more to look forward to in 2023.

Instead of limping to the finish line every season since 2004.

Agreed

Message Board Geniuses should be picking up posts like Clinton is the reason the Gators are losing players, not Miami can win a national championship in 4 years. What the **** is cringe about that?

I got them on NCAA 2014 and i got a 50 game home winning streak and back to back champs

Advertisement
Back