“Miami Guy”

troycbullock

Redshirt Freshman
Manny’s use of the term “true Miami guy” when referring to our 2020 recruits is so ridiculous. I get why he is doing it. He is desperately trying to keep our 2020 class intact and I am of course all for that. However, he is being very disingenuous. A “true Miami guy” should be someone who wants the best for the U and see us prosper. Why put that kind of pressure on kids who aren’t here yet. These kids see the BS. Spend time telling them how you will get things right. What’s the plan? Let them see changes and progress on the field. A “true Miami guy” should refer to the coaches and players who are supposed to holding up this U. These coaches and players are failing to uphold the U standard. A “true Miami guy” would admit that we are not getting things done and vow to do better. Not make excuses, pass blame, spin things or become complacent. To see some of these recruits tweeting how they are “true Miami guys” as if the need to reinforce their commitment just seems so sad. I really want things to turn around with the staff we have in place. Unlike some of our fans, I don’t want to see things blown up. I don’t want us to have to start all over. I want to when with who we have and progress. But, the more I hear Manny speak, the more I see how he has been managing things, the more I realize that he literally is the problem.

Advertisement
Manny’s use of the term “true Miami guy” when referring to our 2020 recruits is so ridiculous. I get why he is doing it. He is desperately trying to keep our 2020 class intact and I am of course all for that. However, he is being very disingenuous. A “true Miami guy” should be someone who wants the best for the U and see us prosper. Why put that kind of pressure on kids who aren’t here yet. These kids see the BS. Spend time telling them how you will get things right. What’s the plan? Let them see changes and progress on the field. A “true Miami guy” should refer to the coaches and players who are supposed to holding up this U. These coaches and players are failing to uphold the U standard. A “true Miami guy” would admit that we are not getting things done and vow to do better. Not make excuses, pass blame, spin things or become complacent. To see some of these recruits tweeting how they are “true Miami guys” as if the need to reinforce their commitment just seems so sad. I really want things to turn around with the staff we have in place. Unlike some of our fans, I don’t want to see things blown up. I don’t want us to have to start all over. I want to when with who we have and progress. But, the more I hear Manny speak, the more I see how he has been managing things, the more I realize that he literally is the problem.

Not sure what the **** a MIAMI GUY is, because the majority of these recruits or kids even playin for us don’t spend there whole Saturdays living and dying by Canes wins or losses. Most of these kids don’t know history (or care) or even watch religiously college football games. They visit these schools and fall in love with how those experiences go, what’s the popular school everyone on TV or in there HS talk about or who pays them the most.

Unless Manny means a MIAMI guy is a kid that loves everything about the University based upoN visits and commits and stops visiting other schools. But seriously if you’re a HS kid you’d want to visit and experience other schools.

LOL then you see a guy like Lorenzo Lingard who has family ties to Miami, commits and COMPLETELY SHUTS IT DOWN, I mean zero visits after, works his *** off in the weight room was always at top of off season conditioning and yet doesn’t play (no matter who you believe). So you have a MIAMI guy and you treat him like any other other guy when he arrives and same can be said for Hightower 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️. Don’t even take time to get to know the family. Remember Manny doesn’t necessarily have a relationship with Offensive players families because he never recruited them, and knowing Manny from everything I see my guess is he still hasn’t made that effort outside of kids he’s now involved with recruiting.

Seems like a bunch of 💩 to me

Advertisement

Manny has spent SO MUCH EFFORT winning the Miami Hurricane Fanbase over, talking about making it like the past, having fun Miami style things (rings, chains and boats). And ya Fans eat that 💩 up, but the mistake he made is as easy as he was winning us over all we as fans ultimately care about is winning, and if you aren’t doing that we turn on you fast.

He should have been working harder on forming personal relationships with players and family, I have a feeling that’s a part of the disconnect. I always felt the old staff made it more of a point to do stuff with the team (maybe they are but nobody posts on social media about it) and we all know the kids post stuff.

BLOW THIS **** UP

Yeah a local grad from FSU (Whom never ever touch and played football making references at that! ) SMH

I made a statement about this term "MIAMI GUY" in a post similar to this one . Imma have to start snapshotting my own ish just in case I have to go back to it....like Fr Fr

We need to get out this term a true " MIAMI guy" and get us a true "HURRICANE guy".

Go Canes!

Advertisement
It's just an excuse to buy himself more time by suggesting his current players aren't Miami guys and we have to wait until we get real Miami guys in order to be good.

Slimeball Manny. Team will quit soon.

****cake.jpg

Advertisement
“Miami” guys in that context is a championship quality player. Those guys identify the better programs answers coaches to get themselves to the top.
We aren’t getting the guys who want to stay at practice all night to get the reps just right and etc.

The term 'Miami guy' may have meant something 20-30 years ago.

Meaningless now, unless you're referring to players with potential who underachieve due to poor coaching and lazy effort.

Advertisement
It took all LSU could handle to beat UCF the same year the made us look like fools, was that because they (UCF) have more Miami guys on their team?

Yeah a local grad from FSU (Whom never ever touch and played football making references at that! ) SMH

I made a statement about this term "MIAMI GUY" in a post similar to this one . Imma have to start snapshotting my own ish just in case I have to go back to it....like Fr Fr

We need to get out this term a true " MIAMI guy" and get us a true "HURRICANE guy".

In my opinion, his reference of a true “Miami guy” encompasses anyone who supports the “Miami” brand. However, what he fails to realize is part of the support is coaching and playing up to the standards that enhances (not detracts from) the Miami brand.

Go Canes!

All he means is getting guys who are sold on being apart the the solution..y’all twisted tf outta his words and reaching like **** lmao..like it or not he is the HC for the foreseen future..it’s crazy after 7 this where we at in the fanbase l..hanging off every word as negative

"Miami Guy" --- sounds like a great title for a comedy reality TV show or cartoon.

Advertisement
Back