“If I can get paid to go to UM, why would I go to Alabama” - TY Hilton

View attachment 288394

Mario, beating teams with more talent? That's a new one. I didn't realize he was such a corching wiz.

When was the last time 35-28 counted as "pretty **** convincingly?"

2016 Pittsburgh beat national champion Clemson pretty **** convincingly 43-42. CMR beat that Pitt team pretty **** convincingly 51-28

2014 VT beat national champion OSU pretty **** convincingly 35-21👀 BTW Al Golden beat that VT team pretty **** convincingly 30-6

2011 Al Golden beat a more talented OSU team pretty **** convincingly 24-6

2021 Mario and Oregon lost pretty **** convincingly against Stanford, Utah, Utah again, and OU.

What's the point? It's that your point is meaningless.

Didn't Mario lose to less talented MTSU, Pitt, and Duke teams... I don't know the correct verbage based on the precedent that you set... Mario was Nuked?

Get off of Mario's ****

View attachment 288397
*pause*
going into OSU and dominating that roster was not a fluke. You comparing that team vs a OSU team at home..you couldn’t even name the OSU Qb who started that game, insane. Your other examples pretty wild too

like I said, Mario took over a program that was boarderline mediocre for 20 years..Mario won 2 conference championships at Oregon, accumulated talent at Oregon at new level as well..he’s doing the talent acquisition part even better than he did at Oregon..historically that leads to results on the field. He hasn’t done **** at Miami on the field.

Advertisement
1000001106.gif

going into OSU and dominating that roster was not a fluke. You comparing that team vs a OSU team at home..you couldn’t even name the OSU Qb who started that game, insane. Your other examples pretty wild too
It's a fair comparison when talking about defeating a team with more talent. Particularly when the narrative is about "talent." Braxton Miller did see the field that game. 21 OSU only beat one more ranked team than the 11 team. The 11 team were a few points away from 10-2. The 12 team was mostly the same and went 12-0.

like I said, Mario took over a program that was boarderline mediocre for 20 years..Mario won 2 conference championships at Oregon, accumulated talent at Oregon at new level as well..he’s doing the talent acquisition part even better than he did at Oregon..historically that leads to results on the field. He hasn’t done **** at Miami on the field.
I can't find any faults with your logic. You are right.

Though historically it doesn't take this long to see if things are going to turn around.

There's some sort of lesson in that. I don't know what it is. But I think Mario's recruiting can overcome his coaching and development shortcomings.
What are Mario's "development shortcomings?" Do you mean his personal development or player development?

I think fans are overblown over Mario's gameday coaching. Let's break it down. I've said this before, Mario is not and hasn't been an OC or a DC. Player develop is from the training system and position coaches. Mario is directly responsible for the OL with Mirabal.

On game days, Mario just needs to trust his coaches and let them do their jobs. He shopped for the groceries, now let the coaches cook. Mario has 3 gameday responsibilities.
1. Keep his team motivated to the task at hand following the game plan.
2. Manage timeouts.
3. Make 4th down and 2 pt conversion decisions.

Aside from the X's and O's on gamedays by the OCs and DCs, too much is made of gameday head coaching. The players are the ones that win or lose the game.

Advertisement
What are Mario's "development shortcomings?" Do you mean his personal development or player development?

On game days, Mario just needs to trust his coaches and let them do their jobs. He shopped for the groceries. Let the coaches cook. Mario has 3 gameday responsibilities.
1. Keep his team motivated to the task at hand following the game plan.
2. Manage timeouts.
3. Make 4th down and 2 pt conversion decisions.
3 things? Why is that too much for Mario to handle well?

3 things? Why is that too much for Mario to handle well?
Because he tried to micro manage other things that he should have trusted his coaches to do. I believe he had his hands on the offense way too much. I don't see that this year with Cam Ward and Dawson. All Mario needs to do is nod head and say, "That sounds like a great play", then pump his fist when Cam slings a TD.

Because he tried to micro manage other things that he should have trusted his coaches to do. I believe he had his hands on the offense way too much. I don't see that this year with Cam Ward and Dawson. All Mario needs to do is nod head and say, "That sounds like a great play", then pump his fist when Cam slings a TD.
I don't disagree with you here.

I guess I'm not as optimistic that Mario can stop ruining things.

Actually, based on your description I know the perfect coach for the job:

1000001111.png

Advertisement
I don't disagree with you here.

I guess I'm not as optimistic that Mario can stop ruining things.

Actually, based on your description I know the perfect coach for the job:

View attachment 288423
Mario is doing the toughest part of a head coach has and that is building and maintaining his program.

Think about it. What did Saban do so great on gamedays? I'll never forget the "Kick 6" against Auburn where he had his kicker try a 60+ FG only to give up a TD on the play with no time on the clock.

The truth is, most of Saban wins were won before the games were even played. Dynasties are built not coached.

Mario is doing the toughest part of a head coach has and that is building and maintaining his program.

He's doing a **** job of it.
Think about it. What did Saban do so great on gamedays? I'll never forget the "Kick 6" against Auburn where he had his kicker try a 60+ FG only to give up a TD on the play with no time on the clock.
1000001112.gif

The kick 6 was a 56 yard field goal attempt that would have won the game if it went through. I don't think you can compare his decision to try that field goal as an example of bad game day coaching.

The truth is, most of Saban wins were won before the games were even played. Dynasties are built not coached.
Saban took over a 6 win team that had no talent and was coming off probation to win 7 games year 1, 12 games year 2, a national title in year 3.

If it's okay that Mario is a terrible game day coach because it's about preparation that's fine. But it does mean he's terrible at preparation.

Sounds like you are drinking the Mario cool aid. You need to find Mario and

1000001107.gif

He's doing a **** job of it.

View attachment 288425

The kick 6 was a 56 yard field goal attempt that would have won the game if it went through. I don't think you can compare his decision to try that field goal as an example of bad game day coaching.

Saban took over a 6 win team that had no talent and was coming off probation to win 7 games year 1, 12 games year 2, a national title in year 3.

If it's okay that Mario is a terrible game day coach because it's about preparation that's fine. But it does mean he's terrible at preparation.

Sounds like you are drinking the Mario cool aid. You need to find Mario and

View attachment 288428
This is the part where someone usually gets punched in the mouth.

Advertisement
Until they give up some of Ward’s ugly sacks and he gets conservative, bro. He drops an unranked game a year doing stupid chit like not kneeling or not kneeling again.

View attachment 288394

Mario, beating teams with more talent? That's a new one. I didn't realize he was such a corching wiz.

When was the last time 35-28 counted as "pretty **** convincingly?"

2016 Pittsburgh beat national champion Clemson pretty **** convincingly 43-42. CMR beat that Pitt team pretty **** convincingly 51-28

2014 VT beat national champion OSU pretty **** convincingly 35-21👀 BTW Al Golden beat that VT team pretty **** convincingly 30-6

2011 Al Golden beat a more talented OSU team pretty **** convincingly 24-6

2021 Mario and Oregon lost pretty **** convincingly against Stanford, Utah, Utah again, and OU.

What's the point? It's that your point is meaningless.

Didn't Mario lose to less talented MTSU, Pitt, and Duke teams... I don't know the correct verbage based on the precedent that you set... Mario was Nuked?

Get off of Mario's ****

View attachment 288397

Mario went to the horseshoe and beat OSU with an arguably less-talented football team. Oregon matched OSU physically and simply looked like the better team. 35-28 doesn't tell the full story of how Oregon imposed their will. It was certainly a convincing victory.

Last edited:
Until they give up some of Ward’s ugly sacks and he gets conservative, bro. He drops an unranked game a year doing stupid chit like not kneeling or not kneeling again.
I'm not defending him, but I've posted that several coaches haven't taken a knee in those situations. The only times they're called stupid is when the game changes. Mario was trying to get Chaney a 100 yard game. I wish he would have just owned it and said that publicly. The Washington HC, now at Alabama, could have taken 2 knees to end the CFP game against Texas. He didn't. He handed the ball off twice. They won, but he got his starting RB hurt who was already dealing with injuries. That RB was ineffective in the national championship game.

I don't look at the GT game as not taking a knee to win. It was we didn't take a knee to barely not lose. The play was terrible in that game by multiple positions. That is on the players. We already know who played the worst. The players did just enough to not lose game.

Here's my analogy. A team is supposed to dominate another team. They get multiple penalties called on scoring plays. The WR drops a TD pass where the team has to settle for a FG. The defense has a missed assignment giving up a bomb for a TD. The defense also gets multiple penalties extending drives for the opposing team. All of that happens, but the team is only down 1 with the ball driving to score with only seconds left in the game. They get the ball to the 10-yard line with 1 second left. They kick the FG to win the game, but the kicker misses. Is the kicker to blame for losing the game? I made up several things, but this is basically the UVA game 2021.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not defending him, but I've posted that several coaches haven't taken a knee in those situations. The only times they're called stupid is when the game changes. Mario was trying to get Chaney a 100 yard game. I wish he would have just owned it and said that publicly. The Washington HC, now at Alabama, could have taken 2 knees to end the CFP game against Texas. He didn't. He handed the ball off twice. They won, but he got his starting RB hurt who was already dealing with injuries. That RB was ineffective in the national championship game.

I don't look at the GT game as not taking a knee to win. It was we didn't take a knee to barely not lose. The play was terrible in that game by multiple positions. That is on the players. We already know who played the worst. The players did just enough to not lose game.

Here's my analogy. A team is supposed to dominate another team. They get multiple penalties called on scoring plays. The WR drops a TD pass where the team has to settle for a FG. The defense has a missed assignment giving up a bomb for a TD. The defense also gets multiple penalties extending drives for the opposing team. All of that happens, but the team is only down 1 with the ball driving to score with only seconds left in the game. They get the ball to the 10-yard line with 1 second left. They kick the FG to win the game, but the kicker misses. Is the kicker to blame for losing the game? I made up several things, but this is basically the UVA game 2021.
1000000857.jpg

Who picked the players? Who coaches them? Who allows their 15 yard penalties? Your analogy needs paragraphs.

Advertisement
Back