“I’ll still take 2001 Miami”

This LSU team would beat the 2001 canes by 2TDs...possibly more. They’d shred Randy’s Cover 2 defense with their offensive personnel
Man u just lost your credibility! If you had any. Once we spread lsu out other den stingley who do they have at db who could hang with our wr? You see what wiggins did to fulton. Exit stage left please!

Advertisement
2001 Canes-Loaded in all 3 phases. 1st rounders everywhere, Hall of Famers. Built to defend the pass.

95 Nebraska-simply dominant.

13 FSU-another loaded team that was great in all 3 phases. Almost every starter drafted?

04 USC-loaded and supremely well coached.

18 Clemson-3 first round DL, loaded on offense and defense.

All of the above could beat 19 LSU IMO. It could be competitive though. Those teams above were loaded, people always get caught up in the moment.

15 Alabama-that defense was nasty. Derrick Henry toting the rock.

08 Florida -very talented and well coached under Meyer.

Are in the conversation.

If we played the way the game was called in 2001 we murder LSU.
With today’s sissy calls it’s close but we still win. Too many dogs we had on defense.

Good point. Targeting has changed the game big time. Sean Taylor was the human missile.

And Clemson's stupid coach was whining about we the defending champs and blah blah.....who did Clemson play this year in the regular season? NOBODY!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Cover 2 would have been more effective against LSU than the man pressure strategy Clemson used.

He was a backup in 01. Those LSU WRs would be in for a rude awakening with our 01 secondary.

I know, but ST did in fact see the field during the National Championship game.

Advertisement
If the 01 Canes ran a modern offense, I don't know if it would be close. But if you brought that scheme from 2001 into the game against this LSU team, I would take LSU by a touchdown.
Boy you silly. Clemson has only 1 first round DB with no LB corp. Joe Burrow would not had that kind of success against Miami. I don't care what kind of system they ran. Miami would have won by a minimum of 14.

Advertisement
If the 01 Canes ran a modern offense, I don't know if it would be close. But if you brought that scheme from 2001 into the game against this LSU team, I would take LSU by a touchdown.
Nah, Ed gets two picks with one for pick six. That QB was fantastic this year but he did not face the master of bait and switch like Ed. Ed specialized in conning the QB into believing something that was not there when the ball arrived.

LSU has strong team with several #1 picks but Miami had bench warmers on that team that were All Pros a couple years later and not to mention all those 1st round picks riding the pine. There were four first round picks in the secondary on the field in its NC game and a guy name ST just watching. It would be a good game but my money would be on Ed Reed to make sure we won. We might think Miami's old style offense is out of date but Bama won several NCs with same type and that 2001 team was loaded on that side of the ball. As long as the game isn't in frigging AZ then we win. It would be good game but one those that is won by Miami or loss by Miami not being up for it. If LSU came in as #1 then bet everything on the Canes.

The coaching difference is vast.

2001 Canes didn’t really beat anyone all year and got somewhat lucky with an easy schedule. Even the Nebraska team we beat in the Rose Bowl had lost the week previous to Colorado.

The same team in 2002 was exposed against Ohio State. Pass interference or no, we got handled in that game.

Advertisement
Back