“I’ll still take 2001 Miami”

Advertisement
If the 01 Canes ran a modern offense, I don't know if it would be close. But if you brought that scheme from 2001 into the game against this LSU team, I would take LSU by a touchdown.
Not sure about lsu beating the 01 canes, (even with that offense) but I can see your point. But if those canes ran a modern offense and had a cutthroat coach, my God. They averaged 43 pts that year. With a modern offense with those playmakers, they would have avg over 55 easily and wouldn't have had close calls at bc and vt

Not sure about lsu beating the 01 canes, (even with that offense) but I can see your point. But if those canes ran a modern offense and had a cutthroat coach, my God. They averaged 43 pts that year. With a modern offense with those playmakers, they would have avg over 55 easily and wouldn't have had close calls at bc and vt

Not sure Dorsey had the arm to push the ball sideline to sideline downfield.

Advertisement
1579032354438.png

Not sure Dorsey had the arm to push the ball sideline to sideline downfield.
Wouldn't need it...think about the playmakers he had. Portis Willis and gore would have had the ball alot in a spread offense. Then with dre, shock, geathers, beard, and sands? Get them the ball and watch the magic.
**** in 00 and 02 with Santana and roscoe.... ****!!!!!

It is a good topic. The same can be said about Ty Cobb and Jim Thorpe when comparing how their performance stands today. The game, players, and coaches is on an increasing slope but that should marginalize how good the 01 team was. I think the 01 team would end up in a shootout with LSU, and the game would be pretty close.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** I thought I was being unbiased... Some really think lsu would scrape the 01 canes?

Advertisement
01 canes would have scored 80 points a game with a modern O and no Coker. That OL was also legit as well which would allow them to run anything they wanted and win.

I do believe a team can be the best ever without all the best players. LSU beat a bunch of the top teams in one season which speaks to their greatness.

I still take the 01 Canes.

Just like Clemson last year who was supposed to be the greatest, this LSU team will soon just be another champion.

Said super fan LSU alum on ESPN. I could not believe my ears after Marcus Spears lauded his victory this morning. The guy STILL gave us props! Go Canes!
It’d be a good game regardless... this team is definitely going down as one of the greatest ever. Not sure who’s the last team who’s played and beat 7 top 10 teams... half their schedule they bet the best teams in the country lol that’s crazy.

Who would throw the Ball??? Dorsey barely had a P5 arm. He’s be the weak link in a modern offense
I was going to agree with you, but then I just went and watched his highlights. I think he's remembered as being a noodle arm but he had plenty arm for modern passing concepts. The throws he was being asked to make (deep outs, stretching the field vertically off of play action) are not throws that the modern offense is built around. If they ran a power spread with modern passing concepts that play to Dorsey's strengths - accuracy, anticipation and decision making - I think it would have been unstoppable.

Advertisement
Back