“CRYSTOBALS” - Post them Here…….

1639505854272.png

Advertisement
I took my wife to Made in Asia on our first date, we now do take out from there and eat in at Fighting Fish in Scott's Addition (Sushi Burritos!). Uptown alley.

Always try and get Made in Asia and Gino's every time I go home and visit

Advertisement
Anyone know if we're interested here? Or have a highlight vid - thanks in advance.
You've gotta assume we are, right? Same HC and it's a 4* DB. I can't imagine we're not interested.

Advertisement

I asked a source if Florida State five-star cornerback commit Travis Hunter was in play late in the process and was told “**** no.”

The No. 1 ranked recruit in the Top247 has been a pledge to the Seminoles since March of 2020 and has been relentless in saying he’s solid in his pledge and all signs point to him putting pen to paper for the ACC program.

Hunter helped lead Suwanee (Ga.) Collins Hill to a state title this fall and while he’s ranked as a cornerback would easily be in the discussion as the country’s No. 1 receiver recruit as well. Tied for the Peach State record in career touchdown receptions, he kind of reminds me of Devonta Smith coming out and he’s expected to make an impact on both sides of the ball in Tallahassee.

Florida State will start the day with the nation’s No. 10 recruiting class and I like where they stand with Top247 recruits in defensive back Azareyeh Thomas, defensive lineman Tyre West and offensive tackle Julian Armella as well. Tennessee took a late swing at West as well but I think distance among other things gives FSU the edge.

The respective uncles of five-star linebacker Harold Perkins in Alvin Walton and five-star offensive lineman Devon Campbell (DJ) also named Devon Campbell tell 247Sports there will be no signatures during the Early Signing Period.

Perkins' uncle added that everything is still even between Texas, Texas A&M and LSU for his nephew while Campbell’s uncle says his nephew is still at the “drawing board.”

I have yet to log a pick for Perkins (I certainly see the A&M smoke) but I have in favor of the Longhorns for Campbell as Steve Sarkisian put the finishing touches on what’s looking like the best offensive line haul in the country (I’ve never written those words about Texas in my career). Easy to love what the Longhorns are doing at the point of attack on both sides of the ball this cycle.

Texas is also considered the favorite for four-star offensive tackle Malik Agbo who will make a decision on Wednesday too.

Let’s get back to people that are expected to sign. USC will be as fun to watch as any program over the three-day signing period that concludes at 11:59 Friday evening.

I once wrote USC would need a Hail Mary to flip things back in their favor for five-star cornerback Domani Jackson. Lincoln Rileywas just that for the No. 7 overall recruit who was trending heavy towards Alabama in November. I think Jackson even knew who his roommate was going to be as an early enrollee in Tuscaloosa. But Riley has reinvigorated a program Jackson was once committed to in USC and 247Sports is told keeping Donte Williams on staff is big too. 247Sports National Analyst Greg Biggins also likes the way it’s trending for USC and reports the Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei standout will announce his decision on Friday. Unless Nick Saban can hit his own Hail Mary here at the end it’s looking like good news for the local program.

In addition to Jackson, my 247Sports Crystal Ball is reading in favor of USC for Top247 safety Zion Branch, speedy linebacker Garrison Madden and I could be close to putting one in for Penn State offensive line commit Andre Roye too. Roye committed to the Nittany Lions in September over Maryland in what was a surprise to everyone involved so with that in mind anything can happen down the stretch too.

Not announcing during the Early Signing Period but now trending heavily towards USC is former Notre Dame receiver commit C.J. Williams who will make his final decision on Jan. 8 at the All-American Bowl.

I go into the day with four 247Sports Crystal Ball Forecasts in favor of Texas A&M in five-star cornerback Denver Harris, Top247 edge rusher Enai White, Top247’s offensive lineman Kam Dewberry and Top247 five-star Anthony Lucas.

Love where the Aggies stand with White. Really like where they stand with Dewberry. Feel pretty good about Harris. If Lucas were to pivot and pick Alabama I would not be surprised. There has been a lot of Texas A&M smoke in this recruitment but a source said Monday afternoon that the Crimson Tide were a factor.

“He will make up his mind by (today) because he has to commit Wednesday,” Lucas’s father said. The announcement time is set for 1:30 PST.

This could be a banner day for Georgia.

Five-stars I have forecasted to the Bulldogs on the 247Sports Crystal Ball include IMG Academy teammates in Daylen Everette and Kamari Wilson.

A good source Monday night thought it was trending towards Georgia for Top247 five-star Marvin Jones Jr. as well. Word is Kirby Smartand Will Muschamp really impressed on the visit and the blue-chipper also bonded with Mykel Williams as well. Meanwhile Coach Addae recruited Jones’s older brother to West Virginia so there is that connection as well. Alabama, Florida State and USC are in that one too.

I like my 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction in favor of Georgia for Top247 defensive lineman Christen Miller but can’t completely rule out Ohio State who sent Ryan Day in-home this past week. The Buckeyes are pushing depth chart with Miller and he’s always kept a keen eye on the Big Ten program too.

I love my 247Sports Crystal Ball in favor of Georgia for four-star receiver Chandler Smith, one of the fastest players in America.

Never to be outdone, Alabama is tracking for a special Early Signing Period as well.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball is trending towards the Crimson Tide for the country’s No. 3 receiver Shazz Preston including my forecast.

Still really like the old prediction for the Tide regarding Top247 cornerback Earl Little Jr.

Unless Texas A&M can change the momentum, it looks like Alabama is the one to beat for the Top247’s No. 3 edge rusher Jihaad Campbell. A recent decommitment from Clemson, Campbell did look like a Texas A&M lean heading into this past weekend but it sounds like a visit to Alabama before heading to College Station has put the defending National Champs in front.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Alabama landed Kendrick Law on Friday as well with Florida State, Texas and LSU the other contenders. Law could play cornerback or receiver on the next level.

We haven't even gotten to Top247 offensive lineman Earnest Greene (battling Georgia) and Khurtiss Perry (battling Auburn and UCF) who could easily end up in the class as well. I think Shemar James is a tossup but he did tell me he had a good visit to Georgia.

As of Monday night, five-star offensive tackle Kiyaunta Goodwin had not made a final decision on if he’d stick with Kentucky or flip to Michigan State or Texas A&M. Word was coming out of the official visit to East Lansing over the weekend that the Spartans were the biggest threat to the Wildcats. Goodwin also loved his official to A&M earlier in the fall.

Alabama, Georgia and Texas A&M top the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings, all within four points of each other. A step back at No. 4 is Ohio State who looks to be in line for at least a couple commitments trending for Top247 defensive linemen Omari Abor and Caden Curry (who announces Tuesday afternoon).

However there is still a lot of smoke Texas can flip Top247 cornerback Terrance Brooks from Ohio State.

It could be a fantastic Early Signing Period for Michigan as well.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball is trending towards the Maize and Blue for Top247’s receiver Darrius Clemons after what a source said was a “slam dunk” visit to Ann Arbor where Clemons has so much family in the state. I’m still not ruling out Auburn there, a source around them said "no way" on the Michigan stuff. Oregon was the heavy favorite before the coaching changes, perhaps they can make a late move as well.

Michigan and Ole Miss are battling for Top247 defensive lineman Derrick Moore. As of Monday I still liked the Maize and Blue but the Rebels crushed the official visit last week.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball is on Michigan for Top247 safety Keon Sabb.

Michigan and Kentucky are going to the wire on four-star lineman Deone Walker and while the Wildcats had the momentum most of the fall, the Wolverines are picking up steam late.

Michigan is also working hard to flip Amorion Walker from Notre Dame. I hadn’t heard any finality there but it does seem like it could be going the Big Ten program's way.

Florida and possibly Miami could be coming after Damani Dent so that’s one to monitor the other way.

Top247’s receiver Kevin Coleman had a big meeting with his family Monday night to go over his opportunities from Miami, Florida State and Oregon. He’s not announcing till Jan. 8 at the All-American Bowl but there is legit smoke around Miami.

LSU is looking good for Top247 defensive lineman Quency Wiggins, defensive back Jordan Allen and receiver Landen Ibieta.

In the same breath I think four-star edge rusher DJ Wesolak is going to choose Missouri over LSU.

A source close to four-star linebacker Demario Tolan believes he will stay solid to the Tigers.

I like Oklahoma for Top247 running back Jovantae Barnes (not announcing till UA game) and four-star receiver Jayden Gibson (announcing Tuesday night). Gibson had a good official to Norman with his mother.

Guys I think are going to stick although they’ve been mentioned with other schools include Chris McClellan and Florida, Khamauri Rogersand Miami, Jaheim Oatis and Alabama and Jaleel Skinner and Alabama.

Some quick hitters.

I like the way it’s trending for Miami for Top247 edge rusher Nyjalik Kelly. His teammate, long-time Florida State commit Devaughn Mortimertook late officials to Louisville and West Virginia and I’m hearing the Cardinals made an impression while my colleague Andrew Ivins said the same of West Virginia. A final decision could go all three ways.

I think Ole Miss will land pledges from Top247 safety Davison Igbinosun, Top247 linebacker/safety Jaron Willis and athlete Tyler Banks.

While I still like Baylor for four-star cornerback Khamari Terrell, I don’t expect him to sign as he has interest in Florida and LSU. I do think Baylor leads for four-star receiver Armani Winfield but I’m also keeping a close eye on Texas. A source said that one is 50-50. I think the Bears secure a pledge from in-state defensive lineman Devonte Tezino.

I think Xavion Brice is leaning towards Texas. A source said the Oklahoma commit’s best visit was to Austin down the stretch. I also like the Longhorns for Savion Red.

I like Arkansas for four-star pass catcher Samuel Mbake and the Razorbacks are still going hard for LSU commit Top247’s cornerback Laterrance Welch as well.

Joined 247Sports National Analysts Brandon Huffman and Greg Biggins in predicting four-star safety Kamari Ramsey to UCLA following his decommitment from Stanford.

I like Florida for four-star defensive back Devin Moore.

I like Mississippi State for four-star defense lineman Trevion Williams.

Tennessee looks like the one to beat for four-star running back Justin Williams.

If Texas is pushing I think they’ll sign four-star running back Terrance Gibbs who visited over the weekend.

Top247 running back TreVonte’ Citizen won’t sign until February. I like Auburn’s position but LSU is coming on hard led by Coach Frank Wilson. Florida is in the mix too.

I like Auburn to flip Top247 cornerback JaDarian Rhym from LSU unless Corey Raymond and Florida made a late move.

I like Houston for four-star offensive lineman Demetrius Hunter and they could also beat out TCU for four-star receiver Matthew Golden.

I think Nebraska is the one to beat for four-star defensive back Jaeden Gould.

1COMMENTS
Pittsburgh and Auburn are battling down the stretch for Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas receiver Camden Brownand my pick is on the Panthers. I also feel good about the Panthers for outside linebacker Samuel Okunlola.

Louisville and Arizona are battling for Top247 all-purpose back Rayshon Luke. They’re also making a late move to beat Vanderbilt for Jadais Richard. Mississippi receiver Chris Belltook an official to the Cardinals campus over the weekend and they could beat Mississippi State for him.

Landon Ibieta was on TV last night talking about his commitment to LSU..He really wanted to be a Cane and doesn't know what happened but is happy to now be going to LSU..

I wonder what happened here.I hope we don't regret not signing this kid.

Wow, he admitted we backed off? I give him a lot of props for that. We dropped him, a solid, but fringe prospect, to take an electric (formerly) 5-star (coming, IMO). We can't take too many WR this year as the 2023 WR class in SFL is a fully loaded baked potato.

Advertisement
Nyjalik Kelley looks really good. Shamar Stewart pretty good. Can they both sign tommorrow with us ? With Leonard we would have quite a Dline.
Yeah it’s great until they get tired and Jags need to spell them. UGA, Bama et al has waves of 5stars ready to substitute.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back