“Commitments”

Advertisement
Why take these “commitments” ?

This is why we lead the nation in decommitments and it looks bad and becomes a running joke, when in reality these kids never should have been committed in the first place, and especially still shouldn’t be now after interviews like this.

Same with Francois who already decommitted once and might again , why allow and even push him to recommit before he’s absolutely sure
I don't generally get bent out of shape over this stuff, but if a kid says he's only with Miami because he hasn't gotten that Kentucky offer yet he gotsta go.

Everyone is laughing at George comment because the guy has no offers and is still talking schit about us and looking at mid major schools. However, I am laughing at this moronic comment. You can't even use the "he is a kid and doesn't know how to write/type properly" since it is a quote.

The guy said "I don't remember the coach who recruits me because my coaches told me, but I don't remember the name, UCF, FIU, Syracuse......"

That is one of the most moronic sentences I have ever read. My 4 year old cousin uses better grammar than him.

Advertisement
The optics of rescinding there offers would not play well with other recruits. You just break of communication and the kid will get the hint.

I understand what OP is saying but no one is going to tell a highly rated kid "thanks but no thanks". It may happen from time to time if you already have a position that is full, but if a 4/5 star kid wants to commit, most of the time a program is going to say great. Of course the coach is going to say "make sure you are 100% sure", and the kid is going to say I am. And then a couple months later they change their mind. It does seem to happen to us more often than any other program but I think that's just because of the talent base we have local and the fact that we pay more attention to our program. I'm not going to do any research to confirm or deny that fact.

Advertisement
It’s time to be cutthroat with recruiting in terms of south fla. Cut all communication with them.

Yet, they continue to allow kids to treat them this way. Taking so many early commits is moronic and amateur regardless if the kids are “pushed” out.

Who says they even "took" their commits, whatever that even means in this day and age. They can't talk about high school kids, and they're not going to hurt their relationships with local programs. They're not even in regular contact any more. This is just a whole lot of nothing, IMHO.

I understand what OP is saying but no one is going to tell a highly rated kid "thanks but no thanks". It may happen from time to time if you already have a position that is full, but if a 4/5 star kid wants to commit, most of the time a program is going to say great. Of course the coach is going to say "make sure you are 100% sure", and the kid is going to say I am. And then a couple months later they change their mind. It does seem to happen to us more often than any other program but I think that's just because of the talent base we have local and the fact that we pay more attention to our program. I'm not going to do any research to confirm or deny that fact.
George is a 3 star with no other offers

Advertisement
Divas acting out when they aren’t the one and only recruit in the world in our eyes

Advertisement
Back