‘88 and ‘84 Orange Bowls (national champs) on NBC Sports

I’m watching the 84 Orange Bowl right now. Right now, I’m on the first bad part. (Where Nebraska comes back from 17-0)

Nebraska had 52 points per game, amazing even today. For context, Ohio State was apparently 3rd that year with 35 points a game.

Advertisement
That 83/84 Nebraska team was far from Slow....Lol at Turner Gill and Irving Fryar slow...Even that All World OL was fast on their feet...

Yeah, Gil/Rozier/Fryar/Rathman were studs but overall Nebraska started beating the Florida teams when they got speed across the board, especially on D.

I’m in my early 30’s, was a big cane fan in the 90s but never had the attention span as a kid to actually sit and watch a whole college football game...

With that said I’m watching the 95 ship game vs Nebraska for the first time in a while. It’s the first quarter still, but my goodness... HOW THE H*** did we lose this game? The wheels must’ve completely fallen off! We look like the better team BY A MILE!
D ran out of gas

I’m in my early 30’s, was a big cane fan in the 90s but never had the attention span as a kid to actually sit and watch a whole college football game...

With that said I’m watching the 95 ship game vs Nebraska for the first time in a while. It’s the first quarter still, but my goodness... HOW THE H*** did we lose this game? The wheels must’ve completely fallen off! We look like the better team BY A MILE!
We also had a mediocre O that year with Frank Costa at the helm. Btw even if we won PSU would have been champs. That loss didn't hurt as much as some of the others because if that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back