Jamal Carter senior season highlights

Problem2

All-American
Premium
:eekeyes:

[video=youtube;dMPVN94kg2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMPVN94kg2s&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Advertisement
popcorn huh.jpg

Huh...

It looks like he's lost a step there.

Did he gain a ton of weight over the offseason?

I hadn't seen tape on him before. I was thinking he was more quicks like deon bush, but this will do. Looks like Mark Barron/Elam out there crushin dudes.

Advertisement
All I see is aggression and that is all I want at that position

/and maybe some football IQ and leadership

Advertisement
he needs to tone up probably, pete said he gained some muscle over the summer of his junior year . . . sometimes alot of weight gain isn't the best idea

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure he's faster than Jenkins and right there with Bush.

Word, what is this "he looks slow" stuff? I'd say he's 6'1 or 2, 205, and 4.5 which makes a premium athlete, not to mention that dude is a THUMPER. That's one thing I love about our recruiting, we sure are bringing a lot of aggression to the table. Everyone we're bringing in the back 7 wants to hurt you.

[video=youtube;3YSNYHlA41o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YSNYHlA41o[/video]

When you guys said he maybe could project as a LB I thought of Alec Ogletree....then I watched his video and thought that Jamal would have to put on a bit more weight and have a bit more pop lol....****...

Advertisement
"Dude looks a little slow"

"Kid has lost a step"

I didn't realize there were so many blind guys with both down syndrome and micropenis posting on here nowadays.

This dude is phenomenal athlete - probably second only to Artie Burns (and maybe 6) in South Florida this year. His highlight tape wasn't sped up like the VAST majority of tapes you see, but the way he was closing down on ball carriers in that tape was exceptional. You can tell right away that he's a twitchy athlete who doesn't take much time to accelerate. DMoney alluded to this in a post earlier this year when talking about attributes that Butch Davis looked for in recruit, but this guy's short area quickness is very excellent. I think that this guy and Artie (especially Artie) are very special when it comes to closing the gap between themselves and ball carriers in very small amounts of space. And this guy lays the ****** wood when he hits you. Yes, he didn't bang out any huge runs where he was pulling away from people like a ************ in that video, but you could immediately tell he was separating from just about everyone. Let's not forget, this is a guy who, in the words of Don Soldinger, "is built like Tarzan." He doesn't have to be running 3.4 second forties to be effective because he has an incredible frame for someone his age and his short area burst and ability to eat up yards in 1-2 steps is very good to great.

Lost a step, Jesus Christ. I'm pretty sure guys who look like Tarzan don't lose a step between the ages of 17 and 18. It's not like he just sat around playing World of Warcraft all day between his junior and senior year and gained 50 pounds of fat. Jamal Carter is a special athlete and as soon as he gets on campus and starts murdering running backs from the secondary, I'm going to resurrect this thread and say I told you so.

Well I guess I'm blind too because Carter does looks slow here. Not 4.7 slow though, just looks like he lost a step from his junior year. Like Ghandi said, looks like he gained a bit of weight.

Advertisement
Back