2018 QB Artur Sitkowski.

Advertisement
Mark Richt knew that he wasn't have a chance to see Old Bridge (N.J.) High quarterback Artur Sitkowski on Tuesday because of ESPN's annual “car wash" so when he heard that the Top247 quarterback was going to hang around on campus until Wednesday for an unofficial visit he wanted to make sure that the 2018 prospect felt like a priority for the Hurricanes. Mission accomplished.

Sitkowski told InsideTheU after his two-day stay that Miami is one of his top schools and that Richt is one of the primary reasons.

"I loved it," Sitkowski said.

"It was a great trip. We got to see the facilities, meet with the academic advisors, talk to some of the players, sit in the meetings and watch some football. It was a great two days and I know my mom and family loved it."

Sitkowski arrived on campus Tuesday not knowing much about the Hurricanes outside of what he had seen on television, but he said that quickly changed after spending some time with Richt and quarterbacks coach Jon Richt.

"It was a lot of me talking to [John Richt] the first day, but on Wednesday when [Mark Richt] came back we got to watch a little bit of practice, you know, no footballs just the guys working out, and then see more of the campus with him. After that I sat down with Coach Richt in his office and we just talked a little bit about Miami and the great things about Miami. It was all positives. It was great."

While Sitkowski said that one of the highlights of the trip for him was getting a chance to talk with current Hurricanes quarterback Brad Kaaya, his parents seemed to enjoyed the academic presentation the most.

"The biggest thing for them is the academics," Sitkowski said. "I think the academics was the huge thing with my mom. It's a private university with only 12,000 students and a student-to-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. So you get a lot of help. It's a small, but it has that big university feel and they want you to succeed."

"I think it was probably the best academic school that we have been to," he quickly added.

Which says a lot seeing as that Sitkowski has toured a number of schools this summer.

The rising junior was at Florida this past weekend for the Gators' Friday Night Lights event and has also taken trips to Ohio State, Michigan, Boston College, South Carolina, North Carolina and Rutgers.

"Miami is really high on my list," Sitkowski said.

"They are definitely one of my top schools and up there with Florida, Ohio State and South Carolina. They're going to be in my recruitment. it's going to come down to Miami and some other schools."

Advertisement
Artur Sitkowski sounds like a goalie for the Polish Olympic ice hockey team. I wonder why he's high on South Carolina? A school with a defensive minded hothead head corch would be pretty low on my list as a QB.

I'm not sure I see us taking 2 QBs again in the 2018 class....

But we will get a good one and it seems like Thompson and Sitkowski are on the short list....

If we land both him & Casey Thompson, our #Storm18 class will be legendary!
I 100% believe if we win the coastal this year #Squad17 will be top 5-10 & #Storm18 will get the #1 class rank.

That kid from GA too, trevor lawrence i believe.

But we will get a good one and it seems like Thompson and Sitkowski are on the short list....

I 100% believe if we win the coastal this year #Squad17 will be top 5-10 & #Storm18 will get the #1 class rank.

He's going to UGA.

Advertisement

Lawrence is a heavy favorite to Clemson or UGA.

He's going to UGA.

I think that all depends on how Eason looks. If kaaya leaves for the NFL we can still sell an opportunity start. Something georgia won't likely be able to do. But ya i kind of agree he's a longshot.

Last edited:

He's going to UGA.

I think that all depends on how Eason looks. If kaaya leaves for the NFL we can still sell an opportunity start. Something georgia won't likely be able to do. But ya i kind of agree he's a longshot.
Stop making stuff up Lawrence isn't coming here period

Advertisement

He's going to UGA.

Stop making stuff up Lawrence isn't coming here period

Lol wtf are you talking about. Speaking in definitives is foolish.

He's going to UGA.

Maybe technically. But he'd be coming in after 3 other QBs in the prior two classes. All of whom appear to be legit, at least now.

Hopefully Cameron Rising out of Newbury Park, CA is another QB the coaches are looking at (another 4-star like Thompson and Sitkowski)....

Anyway, we'll end up with a good one every year that Richt is here....

Advertisement

He's going to UGA.

Maybe technically. But he'd be coming in after 3 other QBs in the prior two classes. All of whom appear to be legit, at least now.

Ya no doubt, it's just a slightly better situation considering Eason has already been crowned the messiah of UGA. Kosi and Allison are still going to battle.

Cameron Rising committed to Oklahoma today. Gotta put us on top for Casey Thompson right?

Advertisement
Back