Wasted oppurtunity

Brooklyndee

We ****** or wut
Premium
I think richt has done an amazing job this season all things considered. Im not gonna talk about yalls golden boy. Im also gonna warn yall about putting so much on williams shoulders. Alot of people arent too sold on him.kid does have alot of potential so lets just hope for the best. Hes gonna have to fight with nkosi & possibly weldon depending on how his off season goes. Staff loves nkosi & his potential. My one criticism towards staff this year is we really wasted an oppurtunity with nkosi. This schedule was tailor made for him to grow and get his experience in while playing a very mediocre competition level & still keeping us relevant due to our defense. Even if you cant really let him feel himself you gotta give him the basics and do him... Now its simply moving on to next season and a more difficult schedule with a qb who has no game experience regardless who wins. Feel free to start with your rosier is god comments. Ill simply respond to that once. Youre all morons who need to move on to fiu. Cause clearly runner up is great for yall.

Advertisement
I think richt has done an amazing job this season all things considered. Im not gonna talk about yalls golden boy. Im also gonna warn yall about putting so much on williams shoulders. Alot of people arent too sold on him.kid does have alot of potential so lets just hope for the best. Hes gonna have to fight with nkosi & possibly weldon depending on how his off season goes. Staff loves nkosi & his potential. My one criticism towards staff this year is we really wasted an oppurtunity with nkosi. This schedule was tailor made for him to grow and get his experience in while playing a very mediocre competition level & still keeping us relevant due to our defense. Even if you cant really let him feel himself you gotta give him the basics and do him... Now its simply moving on to next season and a more difficult schedule with a qb who has no game experience regardless who wins. Feel free to start with your rosier is god comments. Ill simply respond to that once. Youre all morons who need to move on to fiu. Cause clearly runner up is great for yall.

you are right. we cant judge richt until the cabinets are full. this team has alot of kids that arent miami caliber players. im sorry. its just the truth. the fresh and sophs he brought in will be very good. they pay faster and more aggressive.

We haven’t seen N’Kosi take a single snap. Who tf knows whether we would have even gotten here with him. Richt made it so **** obvious he wanted N’kosi To be the QB, and he wasn’t. That should scream to you he was not ready.

With that said, I hope he wins the job next year because Malik’s ceiling is this season right here, and we don’t know what N’kosi’s ceiling is. But if he doesn’t win the job, we are in big trouble at the QB spot for the foreseeable future.

Brooklyn my man... you’ve been telling us all year how bad Rosier is but many of us were blinded by the late game magic and somehow managing to stay undefeated. I think we can all agree that you have been clamoring for weeks that he isn’t what we thought he was and you were right.

I don’t understand why Richt felt such a level of importance of RSing Nkosi if we have Williams coming in this upcoming year, along with a RSed Weldon. Not to mention TP coming in 2019.

Interested to see how this offseason plays out. Have to wonder if Malik would pack his bags if the writing is on the wall sooner rather than later.

We went 10-2 and won the coastal.We have recruiting momentum. Nkosi has had a year to fully digest the offense. None of us have seen him play in a real game yet . Richt has seen him in closed scrimmages. You can really ruin a kid by playing him too early. Thats said if he is consistent in the spring and fall he should beat out Rosier.

Advertisement
We went 10-2 and won the coastal.We have recruiting momentum. Nkosi has had a year to fully digest the offense. None of us have seen him play in a real game yet . Richt has seen him in closed scrimmages. You can really ruin a kid by playing him too early. Thats said if he is consistent in the spring and fall he should beat out Rosier.

kaaya never was shell shocked after starting his freshmen year. Jacory harris got ruined at a young age here too. Richt knows QBs. almost everyone he coached since FSU was all ACC or all SEC. i will trust his judgment on the redshirt.

I agree with almost everything you said. But at the same time enjoyed the season. We over achieved with Rosier behind center. That tells us sky’s the limit with a good qb and the young talebnt we have

Dee the thing I thought about Perry was IF he’s the goods everyone including the staff thinks he is then he’s gonna be 3 and out anyways so what was the sense in saving that one year with a shirt.
Now there was a rumor he was having trouble with the playbook.Obviously you are a lot closer to the situation than I am to know how true this was.
This schedule set up perfectly for us this year.The one thing that hurt was not having the bye week to heal but that was what it was.But having the schedule we had and only squeaking by every week set us up to play Perry but once it got past half season I think we all knew it was sink or swim with Rosier that they wouldn’t burn his shirt.
I think everyone including me got caught up in the undefeated number and that Rosier was pulling out these wins every week.I don’t think we took into account that he was the main reason we were in the position to start with.Ill admit I was one of the guys that figured there was no way Richt was going to pull the job from a kid next year who had just led us to a 10-11-12 game win season.
Well it should be obvious to EVERYONE including a Richt that Rosier is not the guy next year.Hopefully Perry or Weldon is ready and if this is an open competition that maybe Williams wins despite what you just alluded to about people having doubts about him.
But the long and short of this is Rosier,thank you for what you did this year,but he CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be the QB next year if we plan on progressing any further as a program.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Didn't you say the Matt Corral was interested in the U. He can at least throw the ball.

Yo my dude I don’t think the schedule is tougher next year. The only tricky part is we don’t have a cupcake to start. Other than that it’s the same. Biggest differences are FSU at home and VT on the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Who isn't sold on Jarren Williams?

Kid looks like a great prospect and I haven't heard a negative review about him. If Perry is really as good as you say playing this year shouldn't affect next year.

Plenty of RS Freshman have balled out without playing their first year.

Weird post dude. You managed to **** on all of our QB options next year except Weldon. Maybe worry about WR instead. Outside of Pope we don't have any instant impact recruits coming in. Need another WR who can play as a freshman

Unnecessarily aggressive there at the end, but ok.

Fair argument about how the QB spot was handled, but you have to make some big assumptions to think Perry would have done better. As for "golden boy", nobody deserves that until the season is over and we see what they've done (Rosier looked amazing at 10-0, but at 10-3 he wouldn't look so hot. Not that he ever looked like an amazing QB, just that he looked like a winner). I don't buy the idea that this or that guy would have been better or will be better. The truth is that you don't know until they play. You would have said that Rosier could beat Pitt based on what he did in the second half against fsu. Say what you want, but fsu has a much better D than Pitt. Same goes for Perry. He looks the goods, but until he does it on the field we don't know for sure.

Bottom line, I'm happy enough with this season to not question the QB call.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think red shirting N'kosi was the right move. Look at FSU and Blackman, dude has regressed so much since he got his first start. Malik is not the QB of the future but we accomplished a lot of our goals this year. Now N'kosi gets the chance to take the job with a full year under his belt.

I think red shirting N'kosi was the right move. Look at FSU and Blackman, dude has regressed so much since he got his first start. Malik is not the QB of the future but we accomplished a lot of our goals this year. Now N'kosi gets the chance to take the job with a full year under his belt.

In general I would agree. Wish we would have taken care of business against some of the worse teams on our schedule were Perry could have at least gotten some reps in mop up duty.

Advertisement

Bottom line we would have lost 4 games this year with a freshman QB IMO and everyone would have wanted Richt strung up. This was a no win situation this year, If at all possible I'd be starting NK next season, he'll at least have one year in the system. We'll get there it just won't be over night like we all want.

starting Rosier got us a great recruiting class. Very important. Perry will be ready next year. Tons of RsFR ball out.

We are moving in the right direction:
Williams > Sits
Rosier will have to battle a more experienced and bigger N'Kosi and Casey next year in addition to Evan.
If N'kosi is the real deal then he should win the job next season over Malik.
If not Williams is an early enrollee and Cade is supposed to be talented as well.

Richt will not start Rosier next year unless he is head and shoulders above the rest. I also don't expect all 5 qbs to be around by the start of next season. Regardless of the outcome, competition should give us a better starter for next season.

Who isn't sold on Jarren Williams?

Kid looks like a great prospect and I haven't heard a negative review about him. If Perry is really as good as you say playing this year shouldn't affect next year.

Plenty of RS Freshman have balled out without playing their first year.

Weird post dude. You managed to **** on all of our QB options next year except Weldon. Maybe worry about WR instead. Outside of Pope we don't have any instant impact recruits coming in. Need another WR who can play as a freshman

Seriously? I think Hightower is easily the most polished WR coming in next class. Lingard is also a day 1 contributor as well as Brevin Jordan at TE

Advertisement
Back