Larry Correa - JUCO Fullback
We did a short interview with Larry Correa today. He is a fullback/longsnapper at Pierce College in California. He went to Seminole High School with Ray Ray Armstrong and Dyron Dye.
How did your season go?
How did your season go?
- Our season did not go as well we wanted. We had lots of new kids. We started with a freshman quarterback. He got hurt and the back-up started the rest of the year.
- Playing football allows you to be a different person on the field. You have to show you want to win, show that you care and do everything you can /anything you can to win.
- 6 foot 260 lbs.
- Bench 385 / Squat 500 / Clean 300.
- I’m a weight room hog. I love being in the weight room. It feels like home. I love everything about working out. I love the challenge. I love the pain. The harder you push yourself in the weight room the easier it will be in the football field.
- Right out of high school I went to College of the Canyons. I didn’t really like it there – It didn’t feel like home. After a year I went back home. One of my friends from back home was a linebacker at Pierce College. He told me they needed a fullback so I went. I’ve been there for two years. I only played one year (this last year) because my first year was part time.
- Yes, I will graduate in May.
- Jacksonville University
- Grambling State University
- Lincoln University
- Grambling State and Lincoln University.
- USF said they would give me a preferred walk-on.
- Fullback and long snapper.
- I’m a very good long snapper – it’s a gift. I snap .67 s speed to the punter from 15 yards – that’s NFL speed.
- It would be a dream come true. I always wanted to get a degree from Miami. As a child I loved watching them play. It was like fireworks.
- Legends come out the U – ever since I’ve been born that’s all I wanted to do.
- My favorite player is Ray Lewis.
- To be honest, most likely not. Miami is a very expensive school.
- Cell phone
- The U needs a long snapper and a fullback. I’m the best JUCO fullback in California so they would get a lot from me.
- I love blocking on kickoffs. I made 15 tackles on kickoff returns this year.
- I just want an opportunity to sit down and show my film. All you can ask for is an opportunity.
- My favorite thing about Miami is that it’s a challenge every day just to keep your job. You gotta compete every day.