Cook Wants to Stay in State.

Cook Wants to Stay in State.

Tito Benach
2014 Miami Central (Fla.) running back Dalvin Cook had two rushing touchdowns in his teams 59-14 win over Dillard, but also contributed on the defensive side of the ball with an interception return for a touchdown. He spoke about being able to help the team out on both ends of the game.

“I knew coming into the season I had to work for it and I had to get my body in shape and I just know it’s paying off right now.”

Cook added to the rushing attack for Central with 2 of his own to go along with 3 from Joe Yearby and talked about both of their performances.

“It means a lot to us that even with the ref’s throwing all the flags we can do what we do and it shows that the work we’re putting in off the field is showing up on the field.”

The next matchup for the Rockets is American Heritage from Delray Beach and the mindset going forward and the focus cannot change according to the Florida commit.

“We just have to go into practice with the mindset that we can’t be beaten and we have to give it 110% at practice. We go into the locker room every day and we put a quote up on the board like we gotta stay humble and we know we have a bunch of seniors on the team, but we play like we’re freshmen.”

Cook committed to the Gators back in the spring of last year and has been keeping in contact with other schools since then. Now the heat has turned up on Cook as he is nearing the time for enrolling early.

One school that made news with the 5’11 200 pound running back was Miami, when he recently announced that he would be visiting on the 6th of December.

“I’m just looking to spend more time with the whole coaching staff, I haven’t been able to do that yet. Just to be around them for 48 hours and I just want to be around them and get to know them more.”

Two of Cook’s teammates including Joseph Yearby and offensive tackle Trevor Darling are committed to the Hurricanes and he is aware they will be pushing him.

“Right now at this point they aren’t really talking to me about it like that because we are really focused on trying to win this state title for our last year, but once this season is over with those last couple of weeks, since we are all early enrollee’s, they are going to be on my chest.”

Florida State is another school that has made a strong push for the electric running back and he talked about his draw to Tallahassee.

“FSU is a great program, they’re back on the rise. I feel like I’m the type of back, I can get anywhere on the field and they’re offense they can put you anywhere on the field to make a play.”

While it’s not for certain where Cook will end up, he is sure on what state he will land in.

“I’m planning on staying in state.”

As far as when the decision will be made, Cook has somewhat of an Idea of when it will happen.

“It’s going to be at the Under Armour game or after the State game.”

What are the chances that Cook ends up decommitting from the Gators.

“It’s probably like a 60 percent chance.”
 

Comments (159)

Hmmmmmmmmm so you're saying theres a chance? Titos bringing some heat tonight!!!!!!
 
If I was engaged to a woman and then I read that she was only 40% committed to tying the knot I'd be 100% pissed.
Gator boards are going to have to upgrade their firewalls because there's a meltdown starting.
 
stop dalvin cook. please dont play with us. yearby, duke, coley, powell, and then cook? that is what miami level talent is like.
 
Will their state semi-final game on the 6th interfere at all with the visit?
 
Will their state semi-final game on the 6th interfere at all with the visit?
naw. OV starts Fri evening anyway, so they will just miss a few hours. I imagine Cook, Yearby and Darling will just slide over to UM after the game and celebrate heading to the championship game on campus.
 
I will not get my hopes up until his ass is waking up on Sunday morning with a U shaped cookie after a night at the Grove with 3 sorority chicks hanging on his dick. Until that day happens, I'm skeptical.


////Please, God, let this happen
 
If Cook decommits from Florida, and he wants to stay in state I don't see him choosing Florida State over Miami. Think about it. His two teammates are going to Miami and his brother plays for the basketball team. It doesn't make sense for him to choose Florida State over playing with them. Unless he just really has a problem with playing alongside Yearby for another 3 or 4 years. If he decommits this kid is a Cane.
 
If Cook decommits from Florida, and he wants to stay in state I don't see him choosing Florida State over Miami. Think about it. His two teammates are going to Miami and his brother plays for the basketball team. It doesn't make sense for him to choose Florida State over playing with them. Unless he just really has a problem with playing alongside Yearby for another 3 or 4 years. If he decommits this kid is a Cane.
 
80% to gators.. 100% to lane... 60% chance he decommits lol i wonder what 0-20-40% will be used for
 
If he plans on staying 'in state', that could only mean us or UF in my mind...of course, in my mind, I consider Tallahassee to be lower Georgia.



But seriously, as someone who's made the drive, i'm sick of SoFla kids committing to FSU to be 'close to home'.
 
IF he doesn't come here then anywhere but FSU is ok. His old coach is at USF and we don't play the felons againt, so either is fine. BUt THE U is better.
 
Speaking of the state games - where are they played?
 
Keef Jr. Only thing this cat is 100% committed to is playing games.
 

2021 Commits

S
6'5"
220
Fort Lauderdale, FL
DT
6'4"
255
Miami, FL
OG
6'2"
295
Miami, FL
WR
5'9"
190
Miami, FL
DE
6'5"
210
Miami, FL
WR
6'2"
180
Miami, FL
RB
6'0"
225
Hollywood, FL
TE
6'4"
210
Frisco, TX
STR
6'3"
190
Melbourne Senior, FL
S
5'11"
200
Miami, FL

Latest Predictions

by Andrew
High
by Matthew_Suero
High
by whoopingcane
Certain
by Andrew
High
by whoopingcane
Certain
09/10 vs
UAB
Win 31 - 14
09/19 @
LOU
Win 47 - 34
09/26 vs
FSU
Win 52 - 10
10/10 @
CLEM
Loss 42 - 17
10/17 vs
PITT
Win 31 - 19
10/24 vs
UVA
Win 19 - 14
11/06 @
NCST
Win 44 - 41
11/14 @
VT
Win 25 - 24
12/05 @
DUKE
12/12 vs
UNC
12/19 vs
GT
Top