Why it’s so hard to recruit/beat Ohio State

Texas and Texas A&M would be my guess. But OSU is for sure up there.
IMG_4124.jpeg

I haven’t checked into all the metrics and data but the lists are pretty consistent

Advertisement
You may want to take a look at the CBs they have committed. Whether or not you believe Walton can recruit they have outstanding results.

Honestly haven’t checked their commit, just going off the comments of posters on 247. Probably too small of a sample size.

Even though they’re soft as Charmin and Ryan Day is a p…. They have an unbelievable infrastructure led by Gene Smith. The takedown of Michigan is pretty high level. This Michigan story is 100% driven by them.

You’re basically competing against a high level corporation that is completely focused on one thing.
They've been relevant and in the hunt for 10 plus years. That's why. Kids these days want to play for front runners and be in the national spotlight. We've always said at Miami, win and they will come. Once Mario gets this beast going full throttle, they will all want to come

Advertisement
Short Answer?

OSU 1st round picks last 20 yrs? 37
Miami 1st round picks last 20 yrs? 18

OSU 1st round picks last 10 yrs? 23
Miami 1st round picks last 10 yrs? 6

OSU record last 20 yrs? 219-39 (.848)
Miami record last 20 yrs? 152-99 (.605)

Winning matters, infrastructure matters, draft picks matter, reputation matters.
Screenshot_20230613_111622_DuckDuckGo.jpg

***** OSU. will never get over Fieta bowl.

Hated rivals. FSU, OSU, NC, UF, ND in that order
Just because you can't move on from a loss from over 20 years ago it doesn't make them rivals. A rivalry is two sided, I doubt OSU or their fans think about Miami nearly as much as some of you people care about their team (other than in recruiting)

They've been relevant and in the hunt for 10 plus years. That's why. Kids these days want to play for front runners and be in the national spotlight. We've always said at Miami, win and they will come. Once Mario gets this beast going full throttle, they will all want to come
So why does Texas A&M keep recruiting at such a high level?

Oh wait

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Just because you can't move on from a loss from over 20 years ago it doesn't make them rivals. A rivalry is two sided, I doubt OSU or their fans think about Miami nearly as much as some of you people care about their team (other than in recruiting)
Mahhh it was a nattty! Those are not given out like candy. ***** OSU

Advertisement
Even though they’re soft as Charmin and Ryan Day is a p…. They have an unbelievable infrastructure led by Gene Smith. The takedown of Michigan is pretty high level. This Michigan story is 100% driven by them.

You’re basically competing against a high level corporation that is completely focused on one thing.
… and one that’s been a dominant force for 25 years with only that one Luke Fickell aberration year between Tressel and Meyer.

Day is a mid-level manager that can get it done in the day to day but isn’t a crunch time, make your Q4 number, close strong pressure player—your typical 10-2 or 11-1 regular season squad that will stall in the playoffs until they have their next level quarterback (sort of like a Clemson with Dabo until they had Trevor Lawrence).

… and one that’s been a dominant force for 25 years with only that one Luke Fickell aberration year between Tressel and Meyer.

Day is a mid-level manager that can get it done in the day to day but isn’t a crunch time, make your Q4 number, close strong pressure player—your typical 10-2 or 11-1 regular season squad that will stall in the playoffs until they have their next level quarterback (sort of like a Clemson with Dabo until they had Trevor Lawrence).
A mid-level manager? He’s 56-8. What’s Mario then? The janitor?

Advertisement
Back