Why it’s so hard to recruit/beat Ohio State

Lost in the shuffle is it’s Columbus, OH. WTF else are they gonna do in that place. As has been stated many times, Miami is NOT, has never been, and never will be, a college town.
What makes a college town a college town to you? It can't be its population, as Columbus has over 900,000 residents, more than twice what Miami has according to the 2023 U.S. Census. I'm from Ohio, so believe me I hate Ohio State and their annoying *** embarrassingly obnoxious fanbase, but I can't agree that Columbus is some one traffic light cow town that some of you high-end, fancy Floridians paint it to be. It's not Vegas, Miami, Los Angeles or ***'lanta, but it **** sure ain't Stillwater, Ok or Huntington, WV. Miami has a massive metro area, but legendarily bad fan support. You may say it's because there's nothing else to do there, but there's appeal to having a fan base that actually shows up to games and supports their team. Kids notice that as much as they (and their families) notice all of the empty orange seats at Hard Rock. To each their own I say. I love UM, been a fan since I saw Sebastian walking around at the '87 Fiesta Bowl in an army jacket toting a toy machine gun as a 6 year old, but I don't have ***** envy about other programs the way the some in here seem to. I can support our program without knocking and discrediting others, especially those that have been significantly better and relevant over the last two decades. I believe that we're on our back to the top, I truly do, I just can be honest about where we are now and who we've been.

Advertisement
What makes a college town a college town to you? It can't be its population, as Columbus has over 900,000 residents, more than twice what Miami has according to the 2023 U.S. Census. I'm from Ohio, so believe me I hate Ohio State and their annoying *** embarrassingly obnoxious fanbase, but I can't agree that Columbus is some one traffic light cow town that some of you high-end, fancy Floridians paint it to be. It's not Vegas, Miami, Los Angeles or ***'lanta, but it **** sure ain't Stillwater, Ok or Huntington, WV. Miami has a massive metro area, but legendarily bad fan support. You may say it's because there's nothing else to do there, but there's appeal to having a fan base that actually shows up to games and supports their team. Kids notice that as much as they (and their families) notice all of the empty orange seats at Hard Rock. To each their own I say. I love UM, been a fan since I saw Sebastian walking around at the '87 Fiesta Bowl in an army jacket toting a toy machine gun as a 6 year old, but I don't have ***** envy about other programs the way the some in here seem to. I can support our program without knocking and discrediting others, especially those that have been significantly better and relevant over the last two decades. I believe that we're on our back to the top, I truly do, I just can be honest about where we are now and who we've been.
Feel better now that you’ve gotten that off you’re chest?

I DGAF about OSU other than the refs robbed us of #6 in ‘02 when we just happened to be playing them. Never been to Columbus and have no plans to visit. **** near every Ohioan I’ve ever met is an arrogant *******.

I was born and raised in the original 305. I’ve been a Cane since 1967. My father was the OB Stadium Manager from 1960 to 1979. I don’t need a lesson from anyone about the history of the Canes or the demographics of SoFL.

“Knocking or discrediting” other teams is what fans do. It’s all part of CFB fandom. Other fan bases have derogatory things to say about the Canes and Miami in general. I don’t get my panties in a wad about most of that nonsense because it’s all part of the experience of being a CFB fan.

Lol we just beat Clemson and appear to be turning the corner and everyday someone posts why we suck.

Yall are some miserable *** people Jesus.

"Beautiful fall day."

It is ******* OHIO. Lemme know what March feels like when it's still 20 degrees outside and they all LEAVE THE STATE to come vacation here.

The **** is this crap.

ITS TOUGH TO COMPETE WITH 12 DI@KHEADS ON THE FIELD EVERY PLAY…( AND 1 RUNNIN’ AROUND BLIND WITH A YELLOW FLAG HANGIN’ OUT HIS A$$….)
IMG_2429.jpeg

Last edited:
You don’t have to attend classes & learn anything besides football if that’s what you choose.

Advertisement
U literally just answered the why. Lol
Partially. I described a desired end state. But the bigger question is when you're at ground zero, how do you overcome inertia and make progress to that end state.

One necessary requirement is to have administrative support and not have internal counter measures designed to undermine progress. Another has taken a black eye during the weeks of the Ga tech and UNC losses and that's "culture". My gut says while necessary, they're not enough. Something seems lacking.

Maybe it's being smart and not shooting ourselves in the foot. And I'm not just talking about play on the field. It includes the coaching staff, analyst support as well as the administration as a whole. Just look at the turnover of the staff after last year. This season seems like a reset. College football doesn't give you a mulligan.

***** OSU. will never get over Fieta bowl.

Hated rivals. FSU, OSU, NC, UF, ND in that order

Feel better now that you’ve gotten that off you’re chest?

I DGAF about OSU other than the refs robbed us of #6 in ‘02 when we just happened to be playing them. Never been to Columbus and have no plans to visit. **** near every Ohioan I’ve ever met is an arrogant *******.

I was born and raised in the original 305. I’ve been a Cane since 1967. My father was the OB Stadium Manager from 1960 to 1979. I don’t need a lesson from anyone about the history of the Canes or the demographics of SoFL.

“Knocking or discrediting” other teams is what fans do. It’s all part of CFB fandom. Other fan bases have derogatory things to say about the Canes and Miami in general. I don’t get my panties in a wad about most of that nonsense because it’s all part of the experience of being a CFB fan.
At least we have one thing common, not giving a f#ck about what each other thinks. You’re old as ****, so I’ll respect my elders and it keep this civil, but I don’t give a **** about your history or your dad having been a janitor or whatever capacity he served at the Bowl.

I feel much better now. Thanks for listening.

At least we have one thing common, not giving a f#ck about what each other thinks. You’re old as ****, so I’ll respect my elders and it keep this civil, but I don’t give a **** about your history or your dad having been a janitor or whatever capacity he served at the Bowl.

I feel much better now. Thanks for listening.
Go **** yourself.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And they still won't win a championship.
Funny thing is all that money, and yet they’re undergoing a QB battle.

Day has ZERO excuses this year. If he somehow doesn’t make the playoff, I’d bet my life he’s fired…even though he signed a seven year deal in 2022. I mean he was close to being fired last year.

Funny thing is all that money, and yet they’re undergoing a QB battle.

Day has ZERO excuses this year. If he somehow doesn’t make end playoff, I’d bet my life he’s fired…even though he signed a seven year deal in 2022. I mean he was close to be fired last year.
All the money and we got the QB, my only regret with Ward is I wish he jumped in sooner and maybe we land J Smith.

Advertisement

They are seriously overpaying for some of their coaches.

They are playing Tim Walton 1.4 million plus incentives to coach CBs. Dude is a below average recruiter (according to them) and the DC Jim Knowles coaches the Safeties.

For context, last year Fran Brown at Georgia made 788k, TRob at Bama made 800k, Terry Joseph made 800k at Texas.

They are playing Larry Johnson 1.4 million and tried to hire Jason Taylor to be his assistant because they are worried about his recruiting now that is older. Meanwhile Tray Scott at Georgia, Bo Davis at Texas got $1million.

They are playing Justin Frye 1 million and his unit got bullied by Michigan the last 3 years and haven’t had a good pro prospect come through program in years

They are seriously overpaying for some of their coaches.

They are playing Tim Walton 1.4 million plus incentives to coach CBs. Dude is a below average recruiter (according to them) and the DC Jim Knowles coaches the Safeties.

For context, last year Fran Brown at Georgia made 788k, TRob at Bama made 800k, Terry Joseph made 800k at Texas.

They are playing Larry Johnson 1.4 million and tried to hire Jason Taylor to be his assistant because they are worried about his recruiting now that is older. Meanwhile Tray Scott at Georgia, Bo Davis at Texas got $1million.

They are playing Justin Frye 1 million and his unit got bullied by Michigan the last 3 years and haven’t had a good pro prospect come through program in years
You may want to take a look at the CBs they have committed. Whether or not you believe Walton can recruit they have outstanding results.

Advertisement
Back