Spring Who are your breakout players for Spring?

Advertisement
Defense - Lets all hope that is Corey Flagg. Hope he has a Shaq Quarterman like year. By all indications he is grinding and his HS production shows he has incredible instincts.

Offense - I think Will Mallory finally bursts onto the national scene.

Advertisement
Our leading receiver last year was in the slot. Don’t think we need nor will see Restrepo do this.

You say "our leading receiver last year" as if that means anything.

Need the three best WR's on the field and Harley is one of them. Restrepo should be dangerous in the slot.

This is absolutely crucial. The improvement in interior OL play will set the tone for the season.

OL was quietly much improved last year (from being absolute atrocious), but obviously still has a way to go. It's always the slowest position group to develop, and experience/seniority in terms of physical development is key. I expect to be much better there with Donaldson healthy, Williams back and Walker playing. Lots of capable bodies at this point with a year in the system and two years under Feeley.

You say "our leading receiver last year" as if that means anything.

Need the three best WR's on the field and Harley is one of them. Restrepo should be dangerous in the slot.
But Restrepo isn't one of the best 3 receivers. Rambo and Smith on the outside, then Harley in the slot. Your point still doesn't hold.

I had lost hope Harley would turn the corner until midway through last season. Then it all came together for him. So there's a chance Wiggins and Pope will turn it around.

But unless they've improved dramatically, I don't want to see them taking many reps away from the younger guys.
I’m with you man, but unless they transfer, I expect Wiggins and Pope to get a ton of snaps. If they are on the same BS as last year, Redding and Smith’s snaps should go higher like you said.

A endzone grab for Redding or home run touchdown for Smith against Bama will change the snap distribution

Advertisement
dont care for names...give me guys who can separate from the pack
1 OL
2 OFF Skill guys 1 wr/1TE preferably
who's the next great end at the U?
and can we finally have a dude who can play LB?

Restrepo is killing it so far. One of the better receivers
The WR spot is fascinating. We all know what Harley can do, Rambo didn't come here to sit on the bench, Keyshawn Smith hype train is full go, then you have the vets who will remain nameless and a handful of younger guys who are now getting a full offseason with our coaches. Likens and Lashlee going to have some tough decisions.

I'm so bad with these predictions I wont even embarrass myself...
Brother, I'm the same. I'm the idiot that thought Dee Wiggins was going to have breakout year at WR and Al Blades at CB for last year.

Just going to keep my mouth shut this year.

Advertisement
I'll go with TVD
If there was ever a chance for a big time breakout, it would be TVD. He has the tools, and now he has a chance. As much as I like what King can do, TVD can do some things that King can not. Once he starts showing that, it'll turn a lot of heads.

1616535131850.png

Don't laugh.

Advertisement
Good to hear. Just not expecting him to take Harley’s spot. If he does, then that’s absolutely a great sign for this team.
Nice thing about a spread offense you don’t always have to line up at the same spot and there’s 3-5 wr’s on the field. There’s been a lot of positivity about the younger guys and Rambo. I expect a lot of new faces in the two deep at wr.

Nice thing about a spread offense you don’t always have to line up at the same spot and there’s 3-5 wr’s on the field. There’s been a lot of positivity about the younger guys and Rambo. I expect a lot of new faces in the two deep at wr.
That’s music to my ears. Looking forward to seeing the standard raised across that room.

Advertisement
Back