Spring Who are your breakout players for Spring?

Advertisement
Are we talking spring game, cause don't know how you breakout in practices or how we would even know.

Are we talking spring game, cause don't know how you breakout in practices or how we would even know.
I know. I tell you. We know. Fwiw it doesn’t take that long to know who’s good, who’s not and who’s different all together.

Last edited:
To stay a away from the shiny new item bias:
At TE Larry hope. Brings some of the same qualities as Brevin did. I think this scheme fits him perfect

At WR I’ve got Rambo/Smith/Pope at the Y. At X I’m looking at Redding and his physical attributes to shine.. Mike at slot

LB these guys finally get a full spring with lots of reps available. At Mike I’ve got Flagg holding it down and 44 getting it done in a Mike smith type reserve role. At Will TAC intrigued me a lot but i think ultimately it’s Brooks chance to shine..Wild card is Huff. This is his first True spring camp and he just needs reps Imo

at DT I think Hunte can take his game to a all ACC level. I think roberts and Dancing bear Holley become key reserves early on. Big Taylor will have something to say about that in the 2nd half of the szn IMO as he gets caught up to speed in summer/fall camp

at CB I’m hoping Tecory slides inside its majority of his work there . He’s our best cat cover guy and is a weapon on blitzes. On the outside Ivey is out along with blades so Tyrique needs to hold down CB1. Ultimately I think it’s Tyrique, Ivey outside couch inside and Al as a super reserve

Saftey it’s Bubba and Hall. I don’t think ppl realize hall was dealing with some issues. If both are healthy it allows Carter to be used in more exotic looks as a blitzer. I look forward to seeing all 3 on the field in certain packages similar to 2018 with Quan, Red and Carter. The interesting comp will be among the youngins Washington, Balom, Tae and kam. How ready can Tae be to be in rotation and how much of a jump can balom make..also have megatron coming in for the summer

and at CIS favorite position striker. Gil Is the guy. Smith will be his back up..my guy Smith will be the steal of that class imo. He’s the prototype for that spot. Length, athleticism and range.

on the Oline. Rivers seems to be getting every Opp to see the field. Gaynor is a at C. Donaldson needs to PLAY. He adds a major boost to the run game..DJ at guard might’ve been shortsighted. He might be better suited at RT. But in the end I’ve got
LT: Zion
LG: Donaldson
C: Gaynor
RG: Scaife
RT: Williams
Key reserves campbell and rivers.
I think we might go 6 In rotation

Chase Smith is having a freshman spring to rival Rousseau’s a few years back. He is insanely underrated and overlooked. He will start by game five or sooner. I’ll GUESS burn at striker to get wet and LB ASAP. He’s a freak. They can’t keep his talent off of the field.

He’s not gunna play over Gil nor smith. He’s not better than them RN today. But he certainly has a high ceiling. RS him let him spend a full szn with feeley should be the plan imo. We are finally in a position depth wise were these young guys can spend a whole Szn just focusing on getting good weight on

Advertisement
If McCloud gets any type of significant burn this season then we are not nearly as deep at DE as we thought we were.

PS. I know you were being sarcastic.
Why do you think I'm hoping he has a breakout spring?

But seriously, I agree with you. How a guy can be in a system for that long and keep taking steps backward is a pretty strong indictment of the LB coaching we have going on.

I have Keyshawn on offense and Harrison-Hunte on defense. The latter will establish himself as one of the top DT in the country.

750 yards and 50 catches for Keyshawn Smith + Redding this year. Comparable stats to Wiggins/Pope in 2019 except it'll look 100x better.

I love having Restrepo types on our roster (guys who seem like they won't transfer early) but doubt he sees the field much this year. Next Spring will be the first real opportunity for playing time/climbing the depth chart IMO. Our 6 WRs will be Rambo, Harley, Wiggins, Pope, Redding, and Smith.

I had lost hope Harley would turn the corner until midway through last season. Then it all came together for him. So there's a chance Wiggins and Pope will turn it around.

But unless they've improved dramatically, I don't want to see them taking many reps away from the younger guys. My rotation would start with Rambo, Harley and the next best kid not named Pope and Wiggins. It should be a sliding scale where they baseline with 10 snaps a game, and every catch = 5 more a game, while every drop = 10-15 fewer snaps a game, or something like that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Chase Smith is having a freshman spring to rival Rousseau’s a few years back. He is insanely underrated and overlooked. He will start by game five or sooner. I’ll GUESS burn at striker to get wet and LB ASAP. He’s a freak. They can’t keep his talent off of the field.

My favorite recruit from this class :D

Advertisement
Advertisement
Simpson was talking up McCloud at DE today. That's exciting, so I can see heads explode here.

Advertisement
Back