Spring Who are your breakout players for Spring?

grover

Senior
Premium
For defense, I've got Harvey. For Offense, I had Redding. But after the Keyshawn hype, I'm having second thoughts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Instead of repeating the same names as everyone else, I'm going to take this from the perspective of what we need to see (sort of what positions we need a guy to break out at):

OFFENSE
-One of the young TE's step up
-Improvement across the board on OL
-TVD to look comfortable running the offense
-Restrepo to stake claim to the slot
-Anyone else to take Wiggins' spot

DEFENSE
-Harvey to start showing flashes of dominance
-Brooks to break out
-Avantae to back up the hype
-Dunson (preferably) to take the #4 corner spot

Anyone to show the ability to field a punt

Advertisement
Instead of repeating the same names as everyone else, I'm going to take this from the perspective of what we need to see (sort of what positions we need a guy to break out at):

OFFENSE
-One of the young TE's step up
-Improvement across the board on OL
-TVD to look comfortable running the offense
-Restrepo to stake claim to the slot
-Anyone else to take Wiggins' spot

DEFENSE
-Harvey to start showing flashes of dominance
-Brooks to break out
-Avantae to back up the hype
-Dunson (preferably) to take the #4 corner spot

Anyone to show the ability to field a punt
That's a great list and I speak for everyone here when I say that we would all like to see the same thing. Offensively I would say that Improvement across the offensive line is absolutely critical to our long-term success. In terms of TVD I expect him to have a very good year playing in spot Duty and becoming The Heir Apparent to take the job in 2022. I would expect Mallory to continue where he left off and become the alpha in that position group. Hopefully one of the young tight ends Like Larry Hodges can step up and Elijah Arroyo can come in and be impactful in his first year. At wide receiver I would expect to see Michael Redding and Keyshawn Smith break out to complement Mike Harley and Charleston Rambo. At running back I would like to see Don Chaney continue to develop and grow into the type of Superstar I believe he is capable of becoming. The presence of Cameron Harris Jaylan Knighton Thad Franklin and Cody Brown give us the most talented backfield we have had in well over a decade. Clearly there is much to be excited about. Defensively I would like to see the young defensive ends step up and the defensive tackles show the type of dominance we think they are capable of showing. At linebacker I expect Corey flag to show great improvements but I would also like to see another linebacker step up and break out. At safety we are loaded with depth but I would like to see Avonte Williams and even James Williams push both Hall and Carter for snaps. At cornerback I would like to see continued improvement from the unit presumably as a result of the upgrade in position coaching. Al blades must return healthy and I am excited to see the continued growth of TeCorey Couch and the possible emergence of Dunson with the addition of Stevenson.

Advertisement
750 yards and 50 catches for Keyshawn Smith + Redding this year. Comparable stats to Wiggins/Pope in 2019 except it'll look 100x better.

I love having Restrepo types on our roster (guys who seem like they won't transfer early) but doubt he sees the field much this year. Next Spring will be the first real opportunity for playing time/climbing the depth chart IMO. Our 6 WRs will be Rambo, Harley, Wiggins, Pope, Redding, and Smith.

THEY have to be few bodies in the OL and few bodies @ LB! Got to be ... Those two areas to make King's return worthy

Whoever they are.. got to be OL and LB..in multiples

Advertisement
Back