What am I missing here?(Miami vs BC)

Thank you to tonight’s starters for your effort all season long - I mean it!

This season was derailed by injuries

Very proud of Nigel’s playing tonight and his effort

I hope all 5 starters come back plus Nwoko - with the recruits we have and a big (or two) from the portal for depth we could return to the Final 4 if healthy AND if our offensive and defensive sets improve

Thank you Norchad, Nigel, Matt, Benz, and Wooga - get healthy guys and come back

The U

Advertisement
Thank you to tonight’s starters for your effort all season long - I mean it!

This season was derailed by injuries

Very proud of Nigel’s playing tonight and his effort

I hope all 5 starters come back plus Nwoko - with the recruits we have and a big (or two) from the portal for depth we could return to the Final 4 if healthy AND if our offensive and defensive sets improve

Thank you Norchad, Nigel, Matt, Benz, and Wooga - get healthy guys and come back

The U

Sunshine pumping still in style...

Joseph commits so many back breaking turnovers.

Benz was asked to do way more than his talent allows. That's on Coach L, not Benz.

Joseph is a sixth man, a top notch defender that can provide energy, and a 2 guard that can shoot the rock.

Asking Benz to play point, lead an offense, or be a playmaker is not fair. L did a poor job in the portal and had to shoehorn guys into roles they aren't capable.

That was easily the most painful season I've sat through in a very long time. Maybe ever. Seems crazy that Coach couldn't outcoach 1 team in 10 games. Even bad teams manage an upset here and there. This team lost to BC, a bad team, 3 times in a row.

Something really stinks!

With that said, and I know I'm in the minority, I wouldn't mind seeing most of this team return while being supplemented with our new recruits as well as some strong portal players.

Especially a big. I love Norchad, but the man is not a center and Post proved that every single time.

We also need a true pg. Benz remains a good defender who still plays too fast and tries to do more than his ability allows. Yet he was the only true pg on the roster when Pack went down. Pack's not really a true pg btw.

Pack and Wooga failed miserably being the go to guys. Both were plagued by nagging injuries. A lack of scoring depth highlighted that.

I'm going to have to drink this season away.

This definitely has been the worst season in recent or distant memory given the expectations. Coach L deserves to get another shot to fix this. Hopefully we have a good year in the portal and hope guys like Cleveland and George want to stick around another year. I hope Omier stays but not optimistic and I kinda hope Wooga leaves. I think the incoming recruiting class with Bethea and co will be a beast.

Advertisement
10 games losing streak heading into the off-season is not exactly the momentum you want.
Now that the season is over, of course, you have to expect some guys to hit to portal over a lack of PT (Watson, Casey) plus expect some guys (Poplar and George) to test the NBA waters only to return to school.
First order of business is to scrap the Small Ball Era and add some height to the roster. You can play small but you cannot be small with no opinion to go big nor have any size on the roster.
Going Big would mean George and Poplar would be in the backcourt but Coach L is probably going to start Bensley Joseph.
Cleveland needs to play the 3 while Nwoko plays the 5. I don't see Casey returning to play the 4 so that is probably the first immediate need from the portal.
Given that there are no other frontcourt players on the roster, another 4 and 5 taller than 6'10 is required at a minimum.
Bethea should be a candidate for ACC Freshman of the Year but Coach L will prevent that from happening as he will not play him enough minutes to win that award.
Playing Bethea would cut into Joseph's minutes and Joseph will average over 30 minutes a game.
Better non-conference scheduling is needed as Miami needs to play and win more Quad 1 and 2 games. That would help prepare them for conference play as Miami needs to win 12 or more conference games to make the NCAA tournament.
Going forward, 24 or more wins is now the barometer for making the NCAA tournament with 12 wins in conference play along with 10 or more Quad 1 and 2 games.
Get ready as this is a Make or Break off season for Canes Hoops.

10 games losing streak heading into the off-season is not exactly the momentum you want.
Now that the season is over, of course, you have to expect some guys to hit to portal over a lack of PT (Watson, Casey) plus expect some guys (Poplar and George) to test the NBA waters only to return to school.
First order of business is to scrap the Small Ball Era and add some height to the roster. You can play small but you cannot be small with no opinion to go big nor have any size on the roster.
Going Big would mean George and Poplar would be in the backcourt but Coach L is probably going to start Bensley Joseph.
Cleveland needs to play the 3 while Nwoko plays the 5. I don't see Casey returning to play the 4 so that is probably the first immediate need from the portal.
Given that there are no other frontcourt players on the roster, another 4 and 5 taller than 6'10 is required at a minimum.
Bethea should be a candidate for ACC Freshman of the Year but Coach L will prevent that from happening as he will not play him enough minutes to win that award.
Playing Bethea would cut into Joseph's minutes and Joseph will average over 30 minutes a game.
Better non-conference scheduling is needed as Miami needs to play and win more Quad 1 and 2 games. That would help prepare them for conference play as Miami needs to win 12 or more conference games to make the NCAA tournament.
Going forward, 24 or more wins is now the barometer for making the NCAA tournament with 12 wins in conference play along with 10 or more Quad 1 and 2 games.
You aren’t wrong on these positions.
Many of us were concerned about the losses of Miller and Wong but we acted like Coach L is a magician; he is not and neither is any other coach. Even Coach K had poor seasons when his teams lacked top end talent or suffered from injuries.

Joseph is not and will never be an ACC level starter at point, and that hurt the team and Pack in particular. Joseph is a good 1st guard off the bench and a spot starter.
Casey looks like a bust and Watson looks only marginally better.
Cleveland played well most of the time and may have been our most consistent player.
Omier needs help and Pack needs a true PG
Wooga needs to stay healthy.

Didn’t read a word of this drivel. **** off loser

Advertisement
Back