Ward took ALL 18 OL (including walkons) for Steaks at Fogo de Chao

Americanized Brazilian steakhouses are a way for Americans to pay $50 for sirloin and feel happy about it
1710082261189.gif

Advertisement
Does anyone remember the place, Knife in Coconut Grove? I used to go there for birthdays, etc when I was at the U. I'm pretty sure that place closed down during my senior year. Regardless, that was a fun spot, they give everyone a bottle of wine as part of the meal.
It was a Fuddruckers back in the day

Americanized Brazilian steakhouses are a way for Americans to pay $50 for sirloin and feel happy about it
I hit up Steak Brasil in downtown for $35 lunch and go to pound round on the top sirloin and picanha. Absolutely worth it compared to what I would get spending the same at some typical steak house.

Advertisement
I hit up Steak Brasil in downtown for $35 lunch and go to pound round on the top sirloin and picanha. Absolutely worth it compared to what I would get spending the same at some typical steak house.

Yeah, I've seen ads for that place, on trucks driving around throughout Miami.

Advertisement
Unpopular opinion: steak is overrated. And don't tell me I haven't had a "good steak" yet

You may be correct.
By the same token, these are 18-22 year olds, many of whom probably came from modest social economic circumstances in an era where taking out your two kids to Dunkin Donuts for a breakfast runs up a 25 dollar tab. Add to fact that these OLmen probably eat like Orcas at Seaquariam.
So to them this is gastronomical paradise.

I do not understand the obsession with Brazilian steakhouses. They are grossly overpriced and rarely, if ever, have skirt steak. Their best cut is typically flank (vacio). Why are you paying so much for this? Why are you gorging yourself on their salad bar beforehand.

Go to an Argentine restaurant. Eat real steak for a lot cheaper, and get much faster service.

Eat steak from a country where it is part of the culture everywhere, rather than just Rio Grande Do Sul. Thank me later.

Advertisement
I do not understand the obsession with Brazilian steakhouses. They are grossly overpriced and rarely, if ever, have skirt steak. Their best cut is typically flank (vacio). Why are you paying so much for this? Why are you gorging yourself on their salad bar beforehand.

Go to an Argentine restaurant. Eat real steak for a lot cheaper, and get much faster service.

Eat steak from a country where it is part of the culture everywhere, rather than just Rio Grande Do Sul. Thank me later.

???

1710257683850.png

1710257766191.png

1710257801889.png

1710257913751.png

Overrated, quality steak is only found at Texas Roadhouse...

Steak is very much a part of the culture in Brazil everywhere.

Advertisement

Recommend a couple good Argentina steakhouse.. I'm tryna get right

Advertisement
Back