Ward took ALL 18 OL (including walkons) for Steaks at Fogo de Chao

Advertisement
Does anyone remember the place, Knife in Coconut Grove? I used to go there for birthdays, etc when I was at the U. I'm pretty sure that place closed down during my senior year. Regardless, that was a fun spot, they give everyone a bottle of wine as part of the meal.
They still have locations at Bayside and International Mall. Went to the one in Bayside earlier this year and I’m surprised that place is still open. Place was terrible.

Does anyone remember the place, Knife in Coconut Grove? I used to go there for birthdays, etc when I was at the U. I'm pretty sure that place closed down during my senior year. Regardless, that was a fun spot, they give everyone a bottle of wine as part of the meal.
The Knife is ******* awful. Literally the worst "Argentine" restaurant ever created. Sawdust.

I do not understand the obsession with Brazilian steakhouses. They are grossly overpriced and rarely, if ever, have skirt steak. Their best cut is typically flank (vacio). Why are you paying so much for this? Why are you gorging yourself on their salad bar beforehand.
Texas De Brazil always has skirt or flank. Both are solid. Only ones I'll get. Mostly fill up on Lamb & lobster bisque. Not a place I would choose but we go there as a group every year. Overrated but would never have an opinion on people liking it. A bit weird, to be honest. Ha

Advertisement
Texas De Brazil always has skirt or flank. Both are solid. Only ones I'll get. Mostly fill up on Lamb & lobster bisque. Not a place I would choose but we go there as a group every year. Overrated but would never have an opinion on people liking it. A bit weird, to be honest. Ha
I have never hadskirt steak at Texas De Brazil. Flank steak every time. Someone else is always paying, or I'd never go. Maybe they have it as an individual meal but I've only ever had the waiters who come around and cut it.

I have never hadskirt steak at Texas De Brazil. Flank steak every time. Someone else is always paying, or I'd never go. Maybe they have it as an individual meal but I've only ever had the waiters who come around and cut it.
Maybe I'm wrong. It could just be flank. The meat sweats could distort my memory. Not my thing but it's tolerable.

I've got a new(er) spot for you in Orlando, @SWFLHurricane , a place called Adega Gaucha over by the Florida Mall. My brother took me there for my birthday last month when I was out at the Deloitte Tax Symposium at the Grand Floridian.

Place was PACKED with Brazilians, and the food was amazing. Some of the standouts (beyond the meat) included a corn brulee and the rotisserie glazed pineapple that they brought around to the tables and carved as if it was filet mignon.

Fantastic spot, definitely try it if you are in Orlando again soon. It's on the SE corner of 441 and Sand Lake.

I'm still on an "Orlando Foodie" Facebook page, and someone recently started a thread on Brazilian joints, and Adega Gaucha got the most mentions.
Driving to Orlando this week and made a reservation for this place, based off your recommendation.

Advertisement
Driving to Orlando this week and made a reservation for this place, based off your recommendation.

I think you'll really enjoy it.

As I mentioned, two of the "unusual" items that I haven't had elsewhere are the "corn brulee" (it's a side item that you order at the outset) and the carved pineapple (which they bring around on skewers as if it was another meat to carve).

Maybe another place has those items, I've just not seen any place that served those in that way.

I'll definitely be heading back when I'm in Orlando again.

terrell owens images GIF
Funny; but not funny!

Advertisement
Back