Coaching Underperforming Recruiters on Staff (aka Deadweight according to Feldman)

I've never met him but agree, all I hear is great things. His recruiting speaks for itself. Doubt we would even be discussing this if there wasn't a Miami HOF that is apparently open to moving on field into that position.
That’s another thing to keep an eye on. Mario has difficult decisions to make.

Advertisement
Wonder if Big Joe would move to a well paid off field analyst role. He could focus on working with the DTs durring the week (I know, analysts are not supposed to doing on field coaching but everyone of them are behind closed doors), keeping good relationships with the Polys and not be burdened with the other recruiting stuff. Plus I kinda like having that no nonsense enforcer type coach on staff that nobody will F with, every team needs one of those.

Then you can slide Wright inside and bring Taylor for the DE/Edge position. Boom!

Wonder if Big Joe would move to a well paid off field analyst role. He could focus on working with the DTs durring the week (I know, analysts are not supposed to doing on field coaching but everyone of them are behind closed doors), keeping good relationships with the Polys and not be burdened with the other recruiting stuff. Plus I kinda like having that no nonsense enforcer type coach on staff that nobody will F with, every team needs one of those.

Then you can slide Wright inside and bring Taylor for the DE/Edge position. Boom!
The rules about on field coaching are about to change. NCAA rules committee prob allows it by fall camp

On Field Coaches

Advertisement
In all the PR videos, it appeared Miami made an effort to mention JT was Wright’s “vet” during Wright’s stints with the Dolphins and Jets. And that friendship carried over into the present time.

I assumed if JT ever went on field he would work in tandem with Wright, not to replace him #synergy

Last edited:
Lol so this got to mean Mario is best recruiter in the country and dvd need a pay raise , I think Dvd would of definitely got that on the field position if we landed cormani

Advertisement
When the staff was brought on last year, some of the coaches had a well deserved reputation for being great recruiters. Then a few months back, @Cribby dropped a bombshell, he said something to the effect that this was a "Meh" recruiting staff. Only Mario and DVD were pulling their weight recruiting. That's right. Everyone except Mario and DVD.

everyone GIF

Found Cribby's quotes:

I don’t think there’s anybody on staff I’d lose sleep over if they departed. Mario is the key cog and TVD / Cooney on the off field staff. It’s actually a quite meh recruiting staff.
Remember when somebody here said” there was only a couple people carrying their weight with recruiting and it’s surprising a Mario staff would lack great recruiters”
I was shocked by this staff when it was announced. I expected an avengers type recruiting staff , It ended up being Mario and the averagers

I was scratching my head at that one, even to the point of wondering if Cribby knew what he was talking about. Just too many alpha recruiters on this staff for that to be true. Subsequent to that, I've gotten confirmation that Cribby was 100% correct. And then Feldman drops the "dead weight" description of the staff. We know that what Feldman reports is coming from Mario. He doesn't make stuff up from unnamed sources.

My bad Cribby, I didn't want to believe it was true, but it was. Sometimes the medicine doesn't taste good, but you've got to take it anyway.

In this thread, we'll track the new coaching hires and see how they compare from a recruiting standpoint.

Clear Recruiting Upgrades

• Nicholson over Strong (based on current results, not previous year's reputation)

Push

• TBD

Clear Recruiting Downgrades

• TBD
Means Mario made a huge mistake year one with the whole hiring xp. Xp don't mean a **** thing I always said, get the best recruiters period.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back