Coaching TRob...

So you'll forgive Manny for his 100 other Defensive atrocities if T-Rob stays or Nah??
Lol nah not at all

What I'm saying is, I believe TRob could be one of the holdovers from this staff. I'm sure, whoever becomes our next HC, will see the benefit of having someone who is nationally recognized for his ability to recruit and develop talent. Also, TRob is alot of connections in SFLA. There aren't many other names coaching DBs with a better profile. I'm hoping SOMEONE can pull him aside and let him know he has a future at UM, regardless of Manny. I hate to see him leave before we can even have a say in the matter.

But, I guess, asking someone at UM to be a leader and have a vision, is a bit much.

Advertisement
Who cares. Players know how this will end, coaches know, everyone knows.

Just a matter of time.

New staff will depend heavily on transfers this class. It is what it is.

No big deal. SMU and MSU are two examples of heavy transfer cycles working for them.
I mean even we are. Granted the results weren’t but we can get the players for sure

I told u man we have the same players bruh. He's a recruiter and can teach good players and he's good at evaluating. He can teach trash players tons of technique but they just don't have the skill set. He knows it the NFL scouts know it our opponents know it. Stop acting like a DB coach can turn Ivey into Revis. He is who tf he is and it's not TRobs fault.

There is a reason big time DB schools of today did not recruit a Couch an Ivey. Saban wouldn't go near those two.
You're right to a point. My concern with the DB's so far under T-Rob has been the fact that they are far less physical against the run and the communication (espeically the S's) has been **** poor. Everyone dismissed Banda as a coach but these same guys played more physical under him and there weren't near as many guys running open deep.

These same DB's looked much better last year. They didn't look great but they weren't this bad by a longshot.

It's hard to judge though given the fact that they had a decent pass rush last year and didn't have to cover for near as long.

IDK, it doesn't seem like it matters who we bring to coach any position on this team.

Advertisement
Corey is twice the coach....this coming from a person who's family has multiple DB and LBer coaches both at the college and Pro level....
What's the odds of getting your cousin to come down here and fix this **** for us? I'm just saying, we could use a guy like him right now...

Advertisement
I would be gutted if T-Rob leaves. I see a lot of internet message board chatter suggesting he's not only gone but taking his blue chip commits with him. If that's the case, I totally blame Manny, except to the extent to which Manny is basically a mistake by Blake, in which case I blame Blake.

My hail Mary pipe dream is that someone pulls T-Rob aside and tells him, "Manny's done, but we want you here. Give us a chance!" I think the 'give me a chance' thing is something he says to recruits.

T-Rob would be my top priority among the assistants to keep here. I'd also put DVD, Likens, and Hickson up there.

Patke obviously has to go. Rumph too, probably, his recent legal trouble being the final straw. Lashlee, it hasn't worked out, though expectations were high. Justice is too ineffective as a recruiter.

Simpson seems like a great guy and a good coach, but he's not closed any recruits this cycle. And if a new coach is only going to keep 2-3 assistants, I don't see Simpson being in that need-to-keep group. Same with Aristide and Field, unless we can keep them in recruiting roles. I'd also like to see Cooney and Pata stay in the recruiting office.

I know plenty about him....More than you can imagine....Lol at his strength is recruiting and not coaching...what kind of sense does that make??
Glad you know
And if you feel there is another strength there, that is a benefit to our U...I'm sorry because I'm don't see it..and No, I do not need to know what the particular trait is.

I can see enough...and I have also seen enough, with his tenure at USCe...he was hired based off of his resume, and his "ability" to recruit.

Outside of the OC hire, Manny's staff has been built on resumes..for the most part

Another rookie move...it's like the guy that begs for an interview, because he knows his resume will get home one..the rest is just straight up smoke...and Manny's *** is like a chimney right now

I would be gutted if T-Rob leaves. I see a lot of internet message board chatter suggesting he's not only gone but taking his blue chip commits with him. If that's the case, I totally blame Manny, except to the extent to which Manny is basically a mistake by Blake, in which case I blame Blake.

My hail Mary pipe dream is that someone pulls T-Rob aside and tells him, "Manny's done, but we want you here. Give us a chance!" I think the 'give me a chance' thing is something he says to recruits.

T-Rob would be my top priority among the assistants to keep here. I'd also put DVD, Likens, and Hickson up there.

Patke obviously has to go. Rumph too, probably, his recent legal trouble being the final straw. Lashlee, it hasn't worked out, though expectations were high. Justice is too ineffective as a recruiter.

Simpson seems like a great guy and a good coach, but he's not closed any recruits this cycle. And if a new coach is only going to keep 2-3 assistants, I don't see Simpson being in that need-to-keep group. Same with Aristide and Field, unless we can keep them in recruiting roles. I'd also like to see Cooney and Pata stay in the recruiting office.
Agree on most of your post but personally I don't want Cooney in any role with next staff. Seems like he's been at the center of a lot of the drama we've heard over the years, like playing WR's that dropped more balls than ones they caught. Also, I'm sure he's a nice guy but he's always seems to be clowning around. While that's fine, I think we need to get rid of that personality until we fix the culture. Would like to keep DVD, Aristide and Fields in recruiting roles.

Advertisement
The problem with trob leaving is that not only will he take recruits with him but also players.
That is of course if all these rumors are true.

Coach talk bruh. And if you don’t think Diaz is the reason Ivey on the field still you’re not paying attention
Y’all let dmoney trick y’all. T-Rob did say that BS about ivey but fam I KNOW t-Rob and he’s a sellsman. If that’s his HC’s guy he will 100% big up trash as long as the check is right. I pushed back on this all year. Coaches, politicians, rappers.. will say anything as long as they have someone to sell hope to

Advertisement

Who on the admin or AD office do you expect to know who Trob is and/or his value to a program?? They probably look at his salary and say hey we can cut it and maybe get someone like banda for cheap, save some dollars for rest of athletic programs

Every single coach will be relieved of there duties when new HC arrives , EVERYONE.

The infestation runs deep this will be a tremendous pill to take but the healing will be equally a tremendous relief not experienced in many years.

We just might HOPEFULLY see it quickly in recruiting this cut 1-2 years off rebuilding time of 3-4 years.

OP, when you gonna start placing some blame on the players? Different coach same **** should tell you them boys not good.

Advertisement
Back