Official There Is No Changing Course

LOL.. try to tell people, its clear as day.. If there is 100 guys in box our mentality is gonna be block them! Run harder, run stronger!!!!! Pound your head into a cotdam wallllllllllll

We will play neanderthal football so it seems, get used to it
Canes offense from 2022 forwards….
1665490078453.gif

Advertisement
Really good point!

Oregon is averaging 36 points a game this year. New system etc. Miami is averaging 23.5.

I mean, I hate to beat a dead horse, but Mario and Co., built the team that is there. If I am not mistaken.

There might be a chance for him to build something pretty decent at UM....I just dont think its happening this season.

My isssue isn’t running it’s bone headed running. We can run more effectively more creatively. We won’t do it just running into a stacked front right down the middle. Longest run we had was 9 yards. We are what we are as a roster and offense
Bingo

Put Parrish and BSmith in the backfield and run swing passes

There are other ways to get production out the RBs/run game

we couldn't get the same against MTSU. why not get out of a loaded box and see if you can run out of a spread formation?
If it was me I’m keeping the ball in TVD’s hands in every important down. But it does seem like every other team can line up on the goal line and get the two yards they need. This team has to be able to do that at some point

Advertisement
I mean, I hate to beat a dead horse, but Mario and Co., built the team that is there. If I am not mistaken.

There might be a chance for him to build something pretty decent at UM....I just dont think its happening this season.
While that’s true Mario wasn’t averaging that last year either

Just wondering what you guys expected. Did you not know anything about Mario before this season played out?
Yes and that is why many of us wanted Lane. How is he doing this season? Mario has us dead last in the mighty Coastal!

So many porsters screaming for scheme and other changes. "But, but, but spread bro, but, but, but throw it bro, modern offense bro!!!"

So many times Big Manny has said, "Nope." He was brought here to bring it and install it, not work with it. He was also given the guaranteed time to do it (or fail trying).

"...And I get it, we’re not at the level from a size and power standpoint where it’s going to always look pretty, but dammit you have to establish a mentality first, keep getting it done in the weight room and develop, keep getting big old dudes that can knock them back, have faith in your guys and know if it doesn’t work that the other side is going to get the ball back for you..."

View attachment 210876
We shall go on to the end, we shall run in BLACKSBURG, we shall RUN on FIRST DOWN, we shall RUN with growing confidence and growing strength ON THE GROUND, we shall defend our 1.9 YPC, whatever the cost may be, we shall RUN on the beaches, we shall RUN on the PRACTICE grounds, we shall RUN in the fields and in the streets, we shall RUN in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this PROGRAM or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the NIL SPONSORS, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the LIFE WALLET, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Advertisement
Yes and that is why many of us wanted Lane. How is he doing this season? Mario has us dead last in the mighty Coastal!

I was a Lane guy too, but when it became abundantly clear it was Mario or Manny the board lost all clarity on who Mario really was and just wanted the better of the two. In the off-season the recruiting, organization and program building seem like a no brainer Mario>Lane. But once the bullets fly you realize all the infrastructure in the world doesn’t change running your head into a wall every game.

Last edited:
LOL.. try to tell people, its clear as day.. If there is 100 guys in box our mentality is gonna be block them! Run harder, run stronger!!!!! Pound your head into a cotdam wallllllllllll

We will play neanderthal football so it seems, get used to it

A98EE8D4-2448-4C94-9BF2-540469923784.jpeg

Until the likes of BYU and Bama came calling. Erickson not caring about OLmen was highly evident against Bama in 93...his scheme played directly into Bama's strength. The CFB world caught up to his Offense philosophy beginning in 1990. How tf did you not have a backup plan vs Bama in 93 is mystifying. They had the best DL in America...with the 2 best DLmen (Curry & Copeland) and we had an absolute garbage OL with a sloth foot QB...smfh
****, a sloth could actually run faster.

Advertisement
We shall go on to the end, we shall run in BLACKSBURG, we shall RUN on FIRST DOWN, we shall RUN with growing confidence and growing strength ON THE GROUND, we shall defend our 1.9 YPC, whatever the cost may be, we shall RUN on the beaches, we shall RUN on the PRACTICE grounds, we shall RUN in the fields and in the streets, we shall RUN in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this PROGRAM or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the NIL SPONSORS, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the LIFE WALLET, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
☝️Does it make me ghey if it moved ALOT from reading this?

There was definite movement.

STRONG CONTENDER, in already crowded field, for Post of the Year!!!

This was our most important season in over a decade. We absolutely HAD TO capitalize on the momentum gained during our latest offseason national championship. The good news is that there's still time to finish on a high note, but with this clown shoes operation no honest observer should expect any better than 7-5 or 8-4. Ending the year 9-4 with a bowl win would be good enough but not holdng my breath.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back