Official There Is No Changing Course

UNC is one of the worst rushing defenses in the nation. It really shouldn't take a surprise play call to pick up two yards. I wanted the ball in TVD's hands because he was hot but I still can't excuse the OL and RB for not getting two yards in 3 attempts.
we couldn't get the same against MTSU. why not get out of a loaded box and see if you can run out of a spread formation?

Advertisement
Ding , Ding , Ding!! That was while having far superior talent most weeks. Running his type of offense makes winning harder no matter the talent or competition.

Yep, that’s what many of us have been saying since before ATM. Playing in a phone booth keeps subpar teams in games. With today’s offenses, it makes no **** sense. Top college programs HAVE to have dynamic offenses. Uga is the exception but they are out-talenting everyone

Advertisement
Mack Brown really have y’all shaking in your boots like he’s going to do anything at UNC 😂
he has sonned our last 2 coaches.
1665453577475.png
1665453608250.png

Just to recap. Last years super bowl winning QB threw it 40+ times. In two trips to the super bowl the Chiefs Mahomes has averaged close to 50 passes per game (1 win, 1 loss). The current super bowl favorites (Bills) throw it 40+ times a game with what will likely be the NFL MVP in Josh Allen.

Tom Brady pass attempts in the super bowl:
Etc

LOL
The NFL is 100% a passers league.

Where based on this weekend even sacking the QB is a personal foul. :)

Last edited:
Yeah good take when he basically started 9-27 first 3 years with FIU which was a horrible program with absolutely no support. Program was 8-35 previous 4 years when he took over and 0-12 in the year before he took over.
Anyone critical of Mario’s record at FIU is foolish. Bottom of the barrel program, had only been around for a few seasons. Little financial support. Coached them to their first two bowl games, 1-1, and the program’s only conference title (Sun Belt).

2-4 versus Middle Tennessee State though.

Advertisement
Jim Kelly’s first start I believe. At 19th ranked Penn State.

The famous first start.

After that, we had a bye, then #1 Alabama.
iirc, our first 3 plays Kelly was bombing away....although incomplete bombs.
We wound up losing 30-0.

Enthusiasm was tempered juuust a bit.

he has sonned our last 2 coaches.
@ThomasM

MACK DADDY: Hey Manny, I heard you did some internship on West Coast to learn a trick or two.

Mario: Hi Coach Brown, I'm Mario, former HC of Oregon Ducks.

MACK DADDY: Ok whatever West Coast Manny, I'm sure that pop warner team was pretty good huh?

Mario: I was a D1P5 Coach.

MACK DADDY: In the United States or that new Mongolian League in Ulaan Battar? Regardless, good tune up for us.

Mario: We'll see you next year.

MACK DADDY: Of course you will West Coast Manny. I'm sure it'll be a big game for you.

Advertisement
The famous first start.

After that, we had a bye, then #1 Alabama.
iirc, our first 3 plays Kelly was bombing away....although incomplete bombs.
We wound up losing 30-0.

Enthusiasm was tempered juuust a bit.
The famous first start…against the home state power who recruited him as a LB.

@ThomasM

MACK DADDY: Hey Manny, I heard you did some internship on West Coast to learn a trick or two.

Mario: Hi Coach Brown, I'm Mario, former HC of Oregon Ducks.

MACK DADDY: Ok whatever West Coast Manny, I'm sure that pop warner team was pretty good huh?

Mario: I was a D1P5 Coach.

MACK DADDY: In the United States or that new Mongolian League in Ulaan Battar? Regardless, good tune up for us.

Mario: We'll see you next year.

MACK DADDY: Of course you will West Coast Manny. I'm sure it'll be a big game for you.
Doing promos now? :)

Advertisement
yep.
Would be nice if the entire statement was posted. It's in the thread about mario's appearance on Joe Rose this morning......
He point blank states he knows they have to adjust based on personnel and Gattis is doing that.....
That's great but the fact that it took him 4 games to figure it out is alarming.

actually it’s his offense that puts his teams in close games. He did the same thing last year playing close games against Fresno state, Stanford, cal, ucla, and Oregon state. Overall there were 5 one score games and 7 games under 10 pts. 3 blowout wins and 3 blowout losses
Really good point!

Oregon is averaging 36 points a game this year. New system etc. Miami is averaging 23.5.

Just wondering what you guys expected. Did you not know anything about Mario before this season played out?

Advertisement
Back