Official There Is No Changing Course

U...not following you here...

Are you saying that even though Saban recruited a core group that Saint Schnelly built around, they would have underachieved if Saban stayed due to Corching?
I’m just saying, his record speaks for itself…
6E2C2904-2994-4A78-B05D-5736A9A5E312.jpeg

Advertisement
Until the likes of BYU and Bama came calling. Erickson not caring about OLmen was highly evident against Bama in 93...his scheme played directly into Bama's strength. The CFB world caught up to his Offense philosophy beginning in 1990. How tf did you not have a backup plan vs Bama in 93 is mystifying. They had the best DL in America...with the 2 best DLmen (Curry & Copeland) and we had an absolute garbage OL with a sloth foot QB...smfh
OL stunk and we knew that going in.
Gino stunk, Lamar too.
Gino gave them the short field a few times and a gift 6. Lamar's fumbles cost us a minimum of 6.

If those two played clean, we would have had a 17-16 Gino special.
17 points is about what Gino averaged that year vs ranked teams.

Advertisement
OL stunk and we knew that going in.
Gino stunk, Lamar too.
Gino gave them the short field a few times and a gift 6. Lamar's fumbles cost us a minimum of 6.

If those two played clean, we would have had a 17-16 Gino special.
17 points is about what Gino averaged that year vs ranked teams.
Well if the OL stunk (which we knew) and we had a sloth foot QB...Why would you have a one or no back offense against the #1 DL in America??....played right into their hands...Then again, why were your players on Bourbon St until 4a.m the day of the game, with absolutely no curfew in place??

Well if the OL stunk (which we knew) and we had a sloth foot QB...Why would you have a one or no back offense against the #1 DL in America??....played right into their hands...Then again, why were your players on Bourbon St until 4a.m the day of the game, with absolutely no curfew in place??
Agree with all that.
And Lamar was too busy doing interviews telling the media he was going to put his 3rd ring right in between the other 2, smh...

Lamar Thomas, a speedy playmaker who is more renowned for his mouth than anything, displayed his two national championship rings during a press conference and said “The third will be icing on the cake.”

Advertisement
Agree with all that.
And Lamar was too busy doing interviews telling the media he was going to put his 3rd ring right in between the other 2, smh...

Lamar Thomas, a speedy playmaker who is more renowned for his mouth than anything, displayed his two national championship rings during a press conference and said “The third will be icing on the cake.”
Teague stripping him was nullified because Bama was offsides...but it without a doubt hurt us scoring in the long run.

How many nautical miles before we encounter success?

@Empirical Cane ...show this clown where I told you about Paterno wanted Kelly as a LBer long before he did. This dude trying to school someone who's been going to UM games long before he was even born.
100% discussed.

I really think you are both basically saying rhe samw thing, just perhaps differ on the Saban vs Saint Schnelly coaching value.

100% discussed.

I really think you are both basically saying rhe samw thing, just perhaps differ on the Saban vs Saint Schnelly coaching value.
Thank you. Let him be right though, cause he‘s a Cane fan since before I was born.

Advertisement
100% discussed.

C'mon man....I took this picture of JK in 1980 at GreenTree...him trying to tell me about either of those 2 coaches is laughable. I spent an hr talking to Tony Fitzpatrick last night....originally recruited by Saban. Look at the list of players Saban left Howard. Sure there was better coaching with Howard...Christ, he hired Morrell to work with all the QBs...but to downgrade what Saban left Howard to work with is plain stupidity. Even Howard knew that according to his wife Beverly. Howards best Asst coach was DL Coach Harold Allen..a holdover from Saban.
58622804_2734084096633318_4553075876798922752_n.jpg

He Won 2 NCs with 99% of JJs kids...once JJs kids were all but gone in 92...then you saw his Garbage *** recruiting (OL and QBs) I give JJ and certainly Butch, wayyyy more respect than Drunk Boy....they left UM in better shape than Erickson ever did. I give more credit to Sonny Lubick than Erickson.
Gawd Erickson’s OL‘s were awful. Gino took a beating some games.

I sped through the 91 game vs San Diego State. Miami won 39-14 or something like that, but only on 2-3 bombs from Gino, a long screen pass to Patton, and a pick six from Daryl Williams. Gino had to be black and blue later.

Advertisement
Gawd Erickson’s OL‘s were awful. Gino took a beating some games.

I sped through the 91 game vs San Diego State. Miami won 39-14 or something like that, but only on 2-3 bombs from Gino, a long screen pass to Patton, and a pick six from Daryl Williams. Gino had to be black and blue later.
His OLs were terrible...even in the 95 OB the OL was disastrous aside from KC Jones...And don't get me started on QBs....two disastrous OLs in 93 and 94/95...with two QBs with absolutely NO escapability in Torretta and Costa...how tf do you let that happen??

Did Mario not interview and offer the OC job to Jason Candle?

Did he think he was going to hire him and have him come here to run a pro-style, run first, methodical, power run game? I just can't imagine that's possible.

(Toledo is 4-2 by the way, and 2-0 in their league. Only losses at Ohio State and a 3 point loss @ San Diego State)
I think it was rumored that candle wasn't offered but Mario had interest. Id be down to see what that version of the O would look like

It was probably a game late. They should have learned that lesson after Texas A&M. Instead they ley MTSU happen.

I actually have a little bit more hope in that Gattis did say f*** it and threw the ball all over the place. I know people won't give him credit for that but how often do you see an OC in college do what he did with Tyler Saturday?

Honestly, with all this talk about are we gonna run or pass, my hope is that once we have a good running game and passing game that the opponent dictates that decision. That's the way the game should be played. If Gattis is capable of doing what he did against UNC maybe there's hope. I don't want Lashlee and I don't want Mario. I want what's between them.
we know lash had his own set of issues, but in terms of numbers, he actually rushed more when king was his QB and passed more when TVD took over.

Advertisement
Back