Stop worrrying about Bama and SFLA recruits......

LSU doesn't pay for recruits. QUOTE]

Andrew this is just not true. I know a couple coaches that have confirmed that LSU as paid for these kids. Rashard Robinson was one of them. Pat Peterson another.

I heard it from an LSU source that I consider reliable that TV's recruitment involved not just LSU payment, but fending off rival bagmen. Nothing real groundbreaking here.

I guess we will never know. Everyone has a source, just like multiple sources had Gruden to Miami.

Truth is some recruits probably get paid but they probably go out and search for it. If bagmen were walking around with bags of money then there would be more proof. A bunch of fake twitter accounts isn't proof either. No one that is committing this earlier is getting money. If anyone gets paid it is to make a last minute decision. Truth is Alabama and LSU don't need to pay player to convince them they got a better shot winning a title and making the league at those schools.

Our fans point to twitter against other schools, but what do you think fans from a school like Rutgers feel like when one of their top targets Hester is tweeted by our commit Gayot, get that money, after he commits? CFB is crazy and so are its fans, but it's appalling how most just can't think objectively when it comes to their team. Every blue chip kid we lose down here was paid for but in the meantime what about kids like Artie that was committed to Bams early? Did we outbid Bama? I mean he obviously took the money and then returned it? How bout TV being committed to UL and UF first, did we outbid them only to get outbid by LSU?

only certain kids are bought. Not all families take hand outs or have granny running the recruitment. Every year there are about 2 or so kids down here who are bought. Look at the common trend among the families and it is not hard to see who is taking money and who is not.

Small sample:

Dwayne Bowe - LSU
Ali Highsmith - LSU
Patrick Johnson/Peterson - LSU
Corey Lemonier - Auburn
Sammy Watkins - CU
Mackenzie Alexander - CU
Travonte Valentine - LSU

Singles parents are what they key in on! Some families are straight forward and dont play that bull****.

Advertisement
I heard it from an LSU source that I consider reliable that TV's recruitment involved not just LSU payment, but fending off rival bagmen. Nothing real groundbreaking here.

I guess we will never know. Everyone has a source, just like multiple sources had Gruden to Miami.

Truth is some recruits probably get paid but they probably go out and search for it. If bagmen were walking around with bags of money then there would be more proof. A bunch of fake twitter accounts isn't proof either. No one that is committing this earlier is getting money. If anyone gets paid it is to make a last minute decision. Truth is Alabama and LSU don't need to pay player to convince them they got a better shot winning a title and making the league at those schools.

Our fans point to twitter against other schools, but what do you think fans from a school like Rutgers feel like when one of their top targets Hester is tweeted by our commit Gayot, get that money, after he commits? CFB is crazy and so are its fans, but it's appalling how most just can't think objectively when it comes to their team. Every blue chip kid we lose down here was paid for but in the meantime what about kids like Artie that was committed to Bams early? Did we outbid Bama? I mean he obviously took the money and then returned it? How bout TV being committed to UL and UF first, did we outbid them only to get outbid by LSU?

only certain kids are bought. Not all families take hand outs or have granny running the recruitment. Every year there are about 2 or so kids down here who are bought. Look at the common trend among the families and it is not hard to see who is taking money and who is not.

Small sample:

Dwayne Bowe - LSU
Ali Highsmith - LSU
Corey Lemonier - Auburn
Sammy Watkins - CU
Mackenzie Alexander - CU
Travonte Valentine - LSU

Singles parents are what they key in on! Some families are straight forward and dont play that bull****.

Why is it bull****? Assuming it's a good spot for the kid, why is it morally reprehensible to get paid? The school is trying to make a ton off the kid's back, but if his family gets a minuscule piece to keep food on the table they are bad people? Eff that.

Small sample:

Dwayne Bowe - LSU
Ali Highsmith - LSU
Corey Lemonier - Auburn
Sammy Watkins - CU
Mackenzie Alexander - CU
Travonte Valentine - LSU

So your theory is kids that grow up with no dad are bought? Most of these kids probably grow up with no dad. Maybe someone on your list was bought but chances are most of those weren't. You would think if so many kids got bags of money when things didn't work out at their school they would rat out but no it doesn't happen. Kids no perks when they are in school, no doubt but there isn't bag men lining up at Miami high schools every year.

Advertisement

Small sample:

Dwayne Bowe - LSU
Ali Highsmith - LSU
Corey Lemonier - Auburn
Sammy Watkins - CU
Mackenzie Alexander - CU
Travonte Valentine - LSU

So your theory is kids that grow up with no dad are bought? Most of these kids probably grow up with no dad. Maybe someone on your list was bought but chances are most of those weren't. You would think if so many kids got bags of money when things didn't work out at their school they would rat out but no it doesn't happen. Kids no perks when they are in school, no doubt but there isn't bag men lining up at Miami high schools every year.

Maybe you should read again. Single parents are what they(booster/school/bagmen) key on! That entire list took impermissible benefits. Like I said above if you actually comprehended-- only certain kids are bought!! Not every top recruit. 1 maybe 2 guys per cycle per schools, especially in the SEC.

You must of never been around SoFla HS BALL... This has been going on for decades down here! Have you ever payed attention to a south Florida recruiting cycle?!? LOL. Advisors, handlers, uncles, currupt coaches... And it happens every year!

LSU got PP dad a job and got someone to take his SATs

Corey Lemonier was handed a yellow corvette from Auburn

Etc....

So I guess Florida out bid LSU on Gerald Willis? The excuse that every time we lose a big time recruit a bag man is involved is just dumb. Truth is other teams recruit too. Louisiana has good HS football and so do the states surrounding it. What loyalty do most of these kids have to Miami growing up? Last time I checked a lot of their parents aren't UM grads so the idea that kids in south florida all grow up huge Hurricane fans is a bit off. Sure they get cheap tickets to our games but that doesn't make them all Duke Johnson. Bottom line is Miami has to do a better job at making these kids want to come to UM and winning is a big part of it.

My soon to be wife was a D1 athlete and was recruited by Miami as well as a bunch of other D1 schools. She didn't like the coach so she never took a visit. She ended up signing with a different D1 school so I am not naive to what makes kids choose a school. They want to win and want a coach they and their family / mentors like.

How does any of that give you the ability to state wether any school does or doesn't employ a bagman when necessary?

Simply it doesn't; however, using the bagman excuse every time a kid with no University of Miami ties leaves to attend a school with much better recent success and a proven coach doesn't prove a school uses one. If bagmen were all over the place you would see them get caught more than they do. I'm sure our players get the same treatment in public as other schools. (free food, clothes, etc)

Caught by who? The NCAA? Make me laugh. There have been bag men all over SF for years and years...they aren't going anywhere.

Sure, players get meals from alumni and boosters..so what? We are talking more than clothes and food in many cases...more like $$$, cars and jobs for family members.

UM

SEC recruiting is dirty, they don't pay EVERYONE but some do. Cam Newton Johnny football Patrick Peterson Julio jones had an escalade....

I know 3rd string DTs that get Impalas, fully loaded trucks, SUVs----it's deeper than you can imagine. l$u has over 130 alumni chapters in the US and worldwide.

The LSU Alumni Association today is a vast operation. On campus, the LSU Alumni Association staff occupies and maintains an impressive eight-acre complex that includes the Lod Cook Alumni Center, The Cook Hotel, the Thelma S. Woods Building, and the Jack & Priscilla Andonie Museum, and the Warren & Lorraine Pol Building. Off-campus, the Association is affiliated with 136 alumni chapters throughout the world that sponsor local events year round.

With an endowment of more than $16.2 million, the Association sponsors 345 prestigious scholarships and 46 professorships. Total assets are more than $34.2 million. The Association carries no debt. Its annual budget of $11.5 million reflects 16 percent in contributions and 84 percent in self-generated funds through hotel revenue, facility rental at the alumni center and conference center, sales at the Shelton Gift Shop, sports trips, and catering.

24th Annual LSU South Florida
Alumni Crawfish Boil
Saturday May 3rd, 2014 at 1:00 – 4:00 P.M.

Tropical Park – Pavilion #12, 7900 SW 40th Street, Miami

This is only small piece of a much much larger pie.

Scary as it is, that is nothing compared to Alabama...many people really don't understand what has grown up around us as our admin ****ed around with our rebuild in 1999-2002 and got "economical" on the coaching front...to be generous.

It is all catch up now as most of this last 12 years has been watching these dirty empires grow up around us under the watchful (😉) eye of the NCAA.

UM

Advertisement

I'm not naive enough to think that kids aren't getting paid one way or another. It happened here, it happens in the SEC, and I'd put money that most, if not all, of the kids on the list above got paid. I'd also put money that there are indeed bagmen lining up at Miami high schools every year. The lengths that the admins from this site go in defense of some of these bagmen is shocking, frankly.

The difference is that SEC schools are a lot smarter about it. They don't have Ponzi schemers ratting out their own school when people get creeped out. They don't rat on each other when things "didn't work out at their school" because they know that the other schools they rat on will just turn around and rat them out, too. It's like the pine tar thing with that Yankees pitcher the other day. The Red Sox manager would be a fool to call the Yankee pitcher out for it because he knows that the hammer would just fall back on his own pitchers.

Lol at thinking because a kid has an impala, SUV or "fully loaded" truck is getting paid. C'mon shun....... You realize when your on scholly that 20-75,000 dollar+ scholarship school is completely taken care of right? Kids will take out student loans on top of that and use that to pay the car, suv, or whatever off with as stupid as it is.

Some of these kids do get a little bread but it's not as many as you might think like andrew said. Sure as he'll shouldn't be used as a crutch as to why Dolan continues missing on recruits. Even for kids who are getting paid, I would say the average is anywhere from 5-10000 dollars. Lol,wtf is that? That's not even a months salary. C'mon shun....... Kids like Adrian Peterson, jadaveon clowney, tj Yeldon, patrick Peterson, Chris jones, robert nkemdiche, etc...... Get more.

Small sample:

Dwayne Bowe - LSU
Ali Highsmith - LSU
Corey Lemonier - Auburn
Sammy Watkins - CU
Mackenzie Alexander - CU
Travonte Valentine - LSU

Why is it bull****? Assuming it's a good spot for the kid, why is it morally reprehensible to get paid? The school is trying to make a ton off the kid's back, but if his family gets a minuscule piece to keep food on the table they are bad people? Eff that.

Aside from the fact that it is against the rules(which matter little to many people unless it is some rule that protects them), there are some who think there is just something wrong with SELLING your children. We all get the staving thing, heck some of us have actually experienced it, but when a kid's parent shows up with a new Lexus or a house, your whole poor me thing flies out the window.

Listen, there are people who think it is important to follow rules; there are people who think they should not have too. But I have always found that the second group will scream very loud when anyone touches a rule THEY like. Picking and choosing what rule should be ignored is a dangerous road to start down. Everything is great until you look up and find someone else is picking the rule that day.

I work with a guy who came from Ely and coached there, he says Peterson was bought. He went from having to take city bus to driving to school in a brand new car. He is a exgator player and from back when visor was the coach and he said they bought players back then.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back