Stop worrrying about Bama and SFLA recruits......

So I guess Florida out bid LSU on Gerald Willis? The excuse that every time we lose a big time recruit a bag man is involved is just dumb. Truth is other teams recruit too. Louisiana has good HS football and so do the states surrounding it. What loyalty do most of these kids have to Miami growing up? Last time I checked a lot of their parents aren't UM grads so the idea that kids in south florida all grow up huge Hurricane fans is a bit off. Sure they get cheap tickets to our games but that doesn't make them all Duke Johnson. Bottom line is Miami has to do a better job at making these kids want to come to UM and winning is a big part of it.

My soon to be wife was a D1 athlete and was recruited by Miami as well as a bunch of other D1 schools. She didn't like the coach so she never took a visit. She ended up signing with a different D1 school so I am not naive to what makes kids choose a school. They want to win and want a coach they and their family / mentors like.

Advertisement
So I guess Florida out bid LSU on Gerald Willis? The excuse that every time we lose a big time recruit a bag man is involved is just dumb. Truth is other teams recruit too. Louisiana has good HS football and so do the states surrounding it. What loyalty do most of these kids have to Miami growing up? Last time I checked a lot of their parents aren't UM grads so the idea that kids in south florida all grow up huge Hurricane fans is a bit off. Sure they get cheap tickets to our games but that doesn't make them all Duke Johnson. Bottom line is Miami has to do a better job at making these kids want to come to UM and winning is a big part of it.

My soon to be wife was a D1 athlete and was recruited by Miami as well as a bunch of other D1 schools. She didn't like the coach so she never took a visit. She ended up signing with a different D1 school so I am not naive to what makes kids choose a school. They want to win and want a coach they and their family / mentors like.

How does any of that give you the ability to state wether any school does or doesn't employ a bagman when necessary?

How does any of that give you the ability to state wether any school does or doesn't employ a bagman when necessary?

Simply it doesn't; however, using the bagman excuse every time a kid with no University of Miami ties leaves to attend a school with much better recent success and a proven coach doesn't prove a school uses one. If bagmen were all over the place you would see them get caught more than they do. I'm sure our players get the same treatment in public as other schools. (free food, clothes, etc)

Simply it doesn't; however, using the bagman excuse every time a kid with no University of Miami ties leaves to attend a school with much better recent success and a proven coach doesn't prove a school uses one. If bagmen were all over the place you would see them get caught more than they do. I'm sure our players get the same treatment in public as other schools. (free food, clothes, etc)

I get that it's stupid to say that EVERY kid that goes away was paid. I don't believe most that **** either and I get that some kids aren't fans of Miami. Just look around people is everyone is South Florida a Miami fan? No. So why assume every football player in the tri-county area is too? BUT to say definitely that "LSU doesn't pay for recruit." when there is strong evidence that in fact they do is naive. Do they pay for every single kid? No. Do they pay for the elite? Sometimes.

Advertisement
The naïveté of the canesinsight administrators!

Next Andrew is going to tell us how giving an open forum to local UM detractors doesn't have a negative effect on our recruiting, then in the next breath ****** about certain posts with the common refrain........ "Watch what you say cause recruits and Thier families read these pages"! SMH

A couple of things:

1) ***** the entire state of Alabamy. Having inbred hilljacks that have a vocabulary that only consists of "Roll Tide!" and a smattering of racial slurs does not make them the mecca of football. Again, if their product is so superior then why do states with lessor populations put more guys into the NFL?

(http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...n-california-florida-louisiana-texas-south-ca)

Did anyone give a flying fu#k about almighty Bama prior to Saban and/or the SEC deal with Espn? How soon we forget the Franchione and Shula eras there.

2. The people that made the case that we have bigger concerns than them on the recruiting trail down here are right. It's just soooo hard not to spew some venom their way when one hears that the evil midget or Fat Luigi Cristobal is in town.

3. There's nothing to be envious of in relation to SEC fandom. We have many flaws as a fanbase but I'll take the professional sports mentality the average Canes fan has over the Kool Aid drinking cult members you find throughout the South. We complain too much and act entitled sometimes but at the end of the day maintain more objectivity than not. I challenge you to try to have any type of rational conversation with any fanbase in that conference not called Mizzou or maybe A&M. They're not even the conference to be envious of in relation to attendance either. Put the best gata crowd in most Big Ten stadiums and they'd resemble one of our SLS crowds.

4. Bagmen. Are we probably wrong more often than not when claiming a recruit was paid? Yep. Has there been enough smoke and often actual fire around some programs relating to this to justify being suspect of their recruiting tactics as whole? Absolutely.

Good day. I'm off to not name my kid after Duke Johnson or claim that we should have a top 10 ranking no matter what because our conference schedule is sooooo hard. I also won't be playing "If the South Woulda Won" in my truck today. I don't even wear a black kid's jersey with my Confederate flag hat too.

Advertisement
Don't get it ****ed up. l$u PAYS.

If not cash, benefits, from shoes to cars to "the black card." A recruit may not get paid initially, but EVERYBODY on the team eventually gets something. I know a 3rd string DT that has a new ride with rims. Suits, 500.00 hand shakes, fully furnished apartments, jobs for parents, "financial aid" for relatives. Performance based of course.

Those stankin racist pigs LOVE their blacks running and jumping and scoring TDs. Many of baton rouge businesses leech off the athletic program or their brand. l$u accounts for 13% of the state's GDP in 2013. Forbes Magazine has ranked the l$u football program as the fourth most valuable team in college football with worth of $105 million, the magazine reported on its website on Wednesday.

l$u trails only texas ($139 million), noter lame ($117 million) and alabama ($110 million). And if ANYBODY thinks bama ain't paying, I feel sorry for you.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209344337

I am not saying that there aren't benefits from playing at a D1 school as there are at every school. **** someone that played RB at a NAIA school once told me he got benefits around town. What I am saying is we aren't losing recruits because some guy comes with a bag full of crash and steals them away. We get out recruited on some of these kids and some just don't want to come here. Based of some of your opinions Miami would get everyone if these other schools didn't pay. Florida and Florida State are a much bigger problem for us than Bama and LSU.

I am not saying that there aren't benefits from playing at a D1 school as there are at every school. **** someone that played RB at a NAIA school once told me he got benefits around town. What I am saying is we aren't losing recruits because some guy comes with a bag full of crash and steals them away. We get out recruited on some of these kids and some just don't want to come here. Based of some of your opinions Miami would get everyone if these other schools didn't pay. Florida and Florida State are a much bigger problem for us than Bama and LSU.
Patrick John$on/Peter$on laughs at this post.

iAECyUZFHJ5hMEP6pq45a1PW7Z7QJ5ox.jpg

Again, something you cannot definitively speak on, because you cannot speak on behalf of all recruits, ever. Perhaps work on your wording, because again, you are suggesting with this statement that it has never happened. Even if it did not happen in this recruiting class with TV in particular, Les Miles has a track record that precedes LSU, and carried over into it as he continues to work with known street agents.

oh my god i just realized I have been trolled.

Advertisement

Some guy does come around and steals them away. It may not be someone directly from the LSU "camp", but the bag full of money gets to them through various ways. $10,000 is a lot to a 17 year old or to a parent that has never had $10,000. The most money I ever held in my hand before the age of 21 was probably $200. Some one comes at me with $5000 and they have other things to offer to boot...

It's why I never worried about the supposed Bama/Miami battles for Matthew Thomas or Ermon Lane. It rarely works out the way it starts in 'crootin.

I dunno though, for some reason SBB to Bama worries the **** out of me. Maybe it's because he reminds me of Ha-Ha.

208.gif

That said, I agree that the "kid got paid" claim probably is tossed around much more than it should be as the sole reason why a kid picked another school and that, by and large, UF and FSU are greater competition to us than LSU and Alabama.

Advertisement
When a cry was raised about Trooper Taylor and Antron Wright greasing the system (and some pockets) to get Dee Morley to Tenn. ....it was also said that to be a ludicrous assumption. It was only when the The New York Times ran a full exposé on how he got to Tenn. that the flat-earth believers mumbled an "Oh !".

Auburn, L$U, Alabama ....heck the only ones in the $EC NOT DOING IT well are those with the losing records. Florida CANNOT do it because of the glare of the spotlight and the news-outlets can be brutal. Plus, bad-mouthing the in-state competition is not illegal.

So , defend Drummond and LSU, say that a certain DE went to Auburn because of its great academics (see Steve Spurrier's thoughts on that when there was a fire at the Auburn Library), say ole Cecil Newton operated in a vacuum and that these "mentors" and "advisors" drive kids thousands of Miles (pun intended) to see certain schools out of the goodness of their hearts.

No one said that Miami doesn't get GENUINELY out-recruited for some kids ....but trying to wrap SEC recruiting in white linen is downright LAUGHABLE.

definitely have to compete with him

however, we have kept...

Bush
McCord
Burns
chad thomas
duke johnson

just some off the top of my head that Saban wanted

Advertisement
Back