Stop worrrying about Bama and SFLA recruits......

How many kids has Saban scooped from Dade, Broward or Palm Beach since Amari Cooper? Eddie Jackson? That's about it.....

Two reasons.....

First, if these kids wanna get out of SFLA and experience the "college life" Gainesville and Tallahassee are much closer and serve the same purpose.

Second, as crazy as it sounds.....Bama does not grease street agents or family members anymore (they used to). They have the best college football organization ever created (combination of coaches, facilities, exposure, etc.). Kids are falling over one another to go there. LSU pays....thats the only reason SFLA kids go there. Cut off the $....you would never see a Dade, Broward or Palm Beach kid go to Baton Rouge again.

I don't even pay attention to Bama when we are recruiting against them for a SFLA kid.

That's cute, I wish I could live in that fantasyland...

UM

Advertisement
How many kids has Saban scooped from Dade, Broward or Palm Beach since Amari Cooper? Eddie Jackson? That's about it.....

Two reasons.....

First, if these kids wanna get out of SFLA and experience the "college life" Gainesville and Tallahassee are much closer and serve the same purpose.

Second, as crazy as it sounds.....Bama does not grease street agents or family members anymore (they used to). They have the best college football organization ever created (combination of coaches, facilities, exposure, etc.). Kids are falling over one another to go there. LSU pays....thats the only reason SFLA kids go there. Cut off the $....you would never see a Dade, Broward or Palm Beach kid go to Baton Rouge again.

I don't even pay attention to Bama when we are recruiting against them for a SFLA kid.

EPIC FAIL......and all the likes......lol

Yeah Guysm!

Don't worry about other programs poaching elite talent from our primary recruiting pool!

Goldemz got this!

Advertisement
SEC recruiting is dirty, they don't pay EVERYONE but some do. Cam Newton Johnny football Patrick Peterson Julio jones had an escalade....

Advertisement

Two reasons.....

That's cute, I wish I could live in that fantasyland...

UM

first point was reasonable... then i read the rest. ehhh....

Everyone including Miami pays. But Andrews greater point was that a lot of the recruits we are losing can be attributed to poor recruiting on our part rather than simply saying a player got paid. We pay just like other schools maybe not as much but we still do it. On the whole the point is, golden and company are flat out getting beat for these players. Yes for certain players there are large sums that sway their decision but I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the kids we've missed out on over the last couple years had less to do with money and more to do with getting out recruited.

If you believe money is a huge factor in every big players recruiting then burns, bush, Howard, McCord, aqm, etc are examples of kids that Miami was able to out pay other schools for. Or simply put, money/benefits arent always the biggest deciding factor for these kids especially when the sums don't get too outrageous a la a Patrick Peterson, etc.

Last edited:
Everyone including Miami pays. But Andrews greater point was that a lot of the recruits we are losing can be attributed to poor recruiting on our part rather than simply saying a player got paid. We pay just like other schools maybe not as much but we still do it. On the whole the point is, golden and company are flat out getting beat for these players. Yes for certain players there are large sums that sway their decision but I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the kids we've missed out on over the last couple years had less to do with money and more to do with getting out recruited.

If you believe money is a huge factor in every big players recruiting then burns, bush, Howard, McCord, aqm, etc are examples of kids that Miami was able to out pay other schools for. Or simply put, money/benefits arent always the biggest deciding factor for these kids especially when the sums don't get too outrageous a la a Patrick Peterson, etc.

I don't think it's necessarily "poor recruiting"

I think this staff are actually good recruiters. A little ****ed up sometimes with their plan but for the most part they are aggressive as **** and seem to give 100%.

The issue is the product they are trying to sell is a ******* joke. Yes, you will find guys that just want to play for the U. Want to live in Miami, love our small private school atmosphere etc.

But the bottom line continues to be that we are trying to sell kids, who can literally play anywhere they want, a product that is so cluster-****ed it's beyond belief. There's no stability at this point, no real reason for an elite kid to think we will be playing for championships in the next 4 years. The NCAA thing was a huge crutch, but really by far the biggest crutch is our ineptitude on the field. Yes you can skew the stats and point to this or that, but the bottom line here is winning. We havent even won the Coastal outright. No matter how good your recruiters are, how can you sit in a kids living room and convince him to play for you instead of championship caliber teams, when you can't win a game against a real team?

I don't think it's necessarily "poor recruiting"

I think this staff are actually good recruiters. A little ****ed up sometimes with their plan but for the most part they are aggressive as **** and seem to give 100%.

The issue is the product they are trying to sell is a ******* joke. Yes, you will find guys that just want to play for the U. Want to live in Miami, love our small private school atmosphere etc.

But the bottom line continues to be that we are trying to sell kids, who can literally play anywhere they want, a product that is so cluster-****ed it's beyond belief. There's no stability at this point, no real reason for an elite kid to think we will be playing for championships in the next 4 years. The NCAA thing was a huge crutch, but really by far the biggest crutch is our ineptitude on the field. Yes you can skew the stats and point to this or that, but the bottom line here is winning. We havent even won the Coastal outright. No matter how good your recruiters are, how can you sit in a kids living room and convince him to play for you instead of championship caliber teams, when you can't win a game against a real team?
Yup

Advertisement
Sucks that Publix is closed today. I need some extra boxes. Heading to the Hecht tomorrow to help fold it up.

SEC recruiting is dirty, they don't pay EVERYONE but some do. Cam Newton Johnny football Patrick Peterson Julio jones had an escalade....

I know 3rd string DTs that get Impalas, fully loaded trucks, SUVs----it's deeper than you can imagine. l$u has over 130 alumni chapters in the US and worldwide.

The LSU Alumni Association today is a vast operation. On campus, the LSU Alumni Association staff occupies and maintains an impressive eight-acre complex that includes the Lod Cook Alumni Center, The Cook Hotel, the Thelma S. Woods Building, and the Jack & Priscilla Andonie Museum, and the Warren & Lorraine Pol Building. Off-campus, the Association is affiliated with 136 alumni chapters throughout the world that sponsor local events year round.

With an endowment of more than $16.2 million, the Association sponsors 345 prestigious scholarships and 46 professorships. Total assets are more than $34.2 million. The Association carries no debt. Its annual budget of $11.5 million reflects 16 percent in contributions and 84 percent in self-generated funds through hotel revenue, facility rental at the alumni center and conference center, sales at the Shelton Gift Shop, sports trips, and catering.

24th Annual LSU South Florida
Alumni Crawfish Boil
Saturday May 3rd, 2014 at 1:00 – 4:00 P.M.

Tropical Park – Pavilion #12, 7900 SW 40th Street, Miami

This is only small piece of a much much larger pie.

I ain't scared about Bama, or any other school taking talent from SoFla.

Golden, and Coley are busy finding the next Reed. In the far reaches of Antarctica.

Advertisement
Unfortunately I'm much more concerned about Duke and Wake Forest, than I am about Bammer.

Advertisement
Back