Spring Spring PractiSe #6

Advertisement
Manny had access to a lot of great advocates of the program but seemed to be afraid to be upstaged by guys who knew more.

Mario comes in and flips the script, Super Bowl winning coaches, national champion winning coaches, hall of fame alumns, just anything to make the program better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny had access to a lot of great advocates of the program but seemed to be afraid to be upstaged by guys who knew more.

Mario comes in and flips the script, Super Bowl winning coaches, national champion winning coaches, hall of fame alumns, just anything to make the program better.
Mario is not intimidated by surrounding himself with coaches/players that may know just as much, or maybe more than he does. Manny HAD to be the smartest guy in the room. He was intimidated by successful people. He apparently didn’t want people around the program that he felt would challenge his authority. Didn’t want Zo, or anyone else in the program that had enough balls to say, “Manny! WTF, dude”? They neutered Ed. Poor guy loves the program so much, he bit his tongue to stay around as a figure head. I’m pretty sure he wanted to snatch Manny’s *** up more than a few times.

Last edited:
Are we adding Coach O to the staff in some capacity or is he just so rich now (yes he is) that he just enjoys hanging around college football? Seems like he has been around a lot. I hope we can add his crazy *** because for all his craziness the guy knows his ****.
More than likely just around because he was a scheduled speaker at the coaching clinic. Really cool to see this though as he was a highly respected DL coach before getting his shot at HC.

Mario is not intimidated by surrounding himself with coaches/players that may know just as much, or maybe more than he does. Manny HAD to be the smartest guy in the room. He was intimidated by successful people. He apparently didn’t want people around the program that he felt would challenge his authority. Didn’t want Zo, or anyone else in the program that had enough balls to say, “Manny! WTF, dude”? They neutered Ed. Poor guy loves the program so much, he bit his tongue to stay around as a figure head. I’m pretty sure he wanted to snatch Manny’s *** up more than a few times.
Well said

The most successful people I know actually actively seek out those that are superior to them in some capacity

Advertisement
Gaby just mentioned that Ed Orgeron has been out on Greentree wearing a Miami polo. Someone else mentioned they heard he was coaching on Thursday when he wasn't attached to Kevin Steele..... Could mean nothing more than he misses the grind.....
Slow Motion Smoking GIF

It’s just nice to see we’re running a program the way a championship contender should instead of some nickel and dime G5 program.

I mean it was only a few years ago that our coach had to donate a million of his own dollars to help build an indoor facility. It’s great that we’re getting all these big names at practice but they weren’t coming here when we were borrowing practice footballs from the local YMCA to run a spring practice.

We’ve all heard “it’s much different now” a million times. Especially after every coaching change but we can at least see the differences now. The program is being run like a top program should be run and I’m excited
Mark Richt kick started this thing anywhere from where are the fast guys to his million dollars. I am forever grateful to him.

Advertisement

This!

Advertisement
Back