Official Spring PractiSe #14: Thursday April 13: Mario, TVD, Kam Kinchens and Matt Lee Media

Advertisement
I suspect depends heavily on weather next 12hrs.

If that area of Broward takes a pounding like South Broward, probably not going to happen.

It appears most of South Broward and Dade are the ones backed up like they are.

FLL is its own aquarium with how the drainage flows (by design).

The area around Lockhart Stadium (FIGHT ME!) is actually pretty clear.

Really depends on the elevation of that area above sea level. Obviously the flooded areas are probably closer to sea level. Maybe an issue getting to it but it’s possible the stadium will be fine to play in while other areas are still flooded.

Advertisement
▪ A few things we’re hearing: Two alums who attended Saturday’s scrimmage that Brown threw one beautiful long pass to Isaiah Horton (one said Horton seemed to drop it) but also was inaccurate on a deep throw. And on some shorter throws, ball placement needs work; it’s not always exactly where the receiver needs it. Brown last season was 0 for 5 on passes thrown at least 20 yards. And there has been overall improvement this spring, and that’s a positive. But there’s still work to be done. He remains an electrifying runner, and there’s optimism that Dawson can help get him where he needs to be as a passer....
But I was informed on here that Jacurri is going to usurp TVD and gives us the best chance at a successful season...

Dude needs a redshirt. He's not going to turn into a truly sharp passer til 2024 - he has all the talent and is terrifying to tackle/deal with on the ground...but he's about as raw as they come in the passing department. Last year being thrown to the wolves did not help.

And because of this, expect a bit more urgency for a vet QB in the portal.

Advertisement
But I was informed on here that Jacurri is going to usurp TVD and gives us the best chance at a successful season...

Dude needs a redshirt. He's not going to turn into a truly sharp passer til 2024 - he has all the talent and is terrifying to tackle/deal with on the ground...but he's about as raw as they come in the passing department. Last year being thrown to the wolves did not help.

And because of this, expect a bit more urgency for a vet QB in the portal.
Emory is going to pass him if he doesn't getting his passing deficiencies straightened out.

TVD:

“I feel very comfortable with it,” “Just seeing what the defense is coming with, changing the play, changing some routes, understanding what (Dawson) is trying to do.

“(Dawson) just lets the quarterback play with freedom, you just have fun out there with each other, it’s not just hardcore all the time. Sometimes they get on you, but it’s just about having fun out there. He gives me the freedom for me to go play, just go play ball without really thinking.”

" the rest of the offense is up to speed on the Dawson Air-Raid style attack and Since I’ve been here with all the new coaches that we’ve had, this is probably the best that everyone has learned it. Everyone has really locked in, really trying to get better, learn the offense quickly.”
There’s been so many subtle or not so subtle Gattis digs when TVD is asked about Dawson/ the offense this spring lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back