Spring Spring PractiSe 10 - Tuesday 4-5

Advertisement
I’m assuming majority of these are precautionary, but **** seems like a lot of dudes have been nicked up.
In Spring camp, if you get even the slightest bit of an injury you’re done for the rest of camp.

If you so much as have a hangnail they’ll sit you out, because most coaching staffs understand what’s more important is Fall. Spring is important as well, but what really matters is what happens in August.

Advertisement
In Spring camp, if you get even the slightest bit of an injury you’re done for the rest of camp.

If you so much as have a hangnail they’ll sit you out, because most coaching staffs understand what’s more important is Fall. Spring is important as well, but what really matters is what happens in August.

No doubt. Just seems like there’s a little more to that this year than years past. But it’s because we’re trying to be a more physical team.

Advertisement
You typically want to let injuries come directly from the horse's mouth to avoid any misinformation regarding the details of the injury. I remember recently a reporter came out and reporting something incorrectly about a player's injury and he was asked to delete it because it was incorrect.

Edit: Actually I think I'm confusing that with Sam Morin from the NHL. Reporter tweeted out he tore his ACL (again) and both the player/team denied it. They weren't happy he reported it out. Turns out reporter was actually correct but the news didn't come out for another few weeks. Point still stands though.
Al Blades injury as well

Advertisement
Couple practices I've been to I didn't really notice the CB's getting abused in 11-on-11's.

We might be alright out there once Porter comes.
Remember, we're getting a lot better coaching at CB right now. And the scheme caters to our CB's skill set.
Plus I dont think Rique is getting any 11 on 11 action yet either. Having him and Porter on the field should push most of the guys we have out there now to backup roles not to mention the freshman coming in. Seems serviceable to me.

No doubt. Just seems like there’s a little more to that this year than years past. But it’s because we’re trying to be a more physical team.

Doesn’t seem that way to me at all.

Every spring there are players that are out.

Sounds more like recency bias, which is a pretty natural and normal thing for people to experience, but doesn’t necessarily reflect reality.

Plus I dont think Rique is getting any 11 on 11 action yet either. Having him and Porter on the field should push most of the guys we have out there now to backup roles not to mention the freshman coming in. Seems serviceable to me.
Rique in red non contact jersey still.

Ferman is reporting that Brian Balom is quietly having a good spring. Said he heard Balom Was the top rated defender in saturday's scrimmage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back