Spring Spring PractiSe 10 - Tuesday 4-5

In Spring camp, if you get even the slightest bit of an injury you’re done for the rest of camp.

If you so much as have a hangnail they’ll sit you out, because most coaching staffs understand what’s more important is Fall. Spring is important as well, but what really matters is what happens in August.

Yes, and I'll add this:

The mental reps in spring are as important, if not more so, than the physical reps. Because that's when the bulk of installation occurs. As long as a guy isn't in a coma, and can participate in all meetings, film sessions, tutorials, watching practice, etc. etc., coaches will be ok with that.

Physical work in spring is important, of course, but not as important as having guys healthy for individual workouts through the summer leading up to august camp.

The 4th quarter program is critical, but that's a "winter" program. That's all in the books by the time spring starts. The fact is: The biggest strength and speed and general athletic gains happen with the unit and personal workouts between May and July. Coaches are not going to risk having a guy out for 3 months of summer just to give him a half dozen extra practices in April.

Advertisement

Happy Wwe GIF by Bernardson

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ferman is reporting that Brian Balom is quietly having a good spring. Said he heard Balom Was the top rated defender in saturday's scrimmage.

Vermin "reporting" is an oxymoron. But I hope he's right on this subject. I thought Balom was a steal and to a lesser degree Dunson. I know we have bigger names on the roster. But those guys showed sound fundamentals on their HUDL highlights.

Safety is going to be the strength of the defense, and I'm no longer in Defcon 5 mode on the CBs. Porter should be a good add there, and we have our switchBlades back able to play both roles. Our back 5 could be pretty good finally after a few down years. I wouldn't turn out a elite CB if one hit the portal. But we're okay there. The focus needs to be on MLB and the DL.

Advertisement
Back