Coaching Rumor - USF Talking to Deion about HC job

Advertisement
Deon Figures
Hahaha. Nice! I was actually going to include him in my list but wasn't sure if you guys would even remember/know him.

clint eastwood legend GIF

Advertisement
What is the infatuation some of you have with Nole Deion Sanders? Why are you rooting for him so hard? Why are you so attached to him? Do you think Noles are rooting for our former players like this? Make me understand this. This is so ******* weird to me.

I cant speak for anyone else. For me?

Although he is a Nole, i had a tremendous respect for Deion as an athlete. Grew up watching him. Unfortunately, Bo Jackson career got cut short but alas there was Deion, playing football and baseball, sometimes flying from one to another. The style the flair, the whole thing was just something i will never forget. Chris Berman saying “prime time, prime time, prime time.” Just a cultural icon bro. Then to watch him sort of pivot, transform his image a little bit and get into coaching.

Now, the next part of this is I am a black man. I have a special place in my heart for HBCUs. I have family that have attended Morehouse, Hampton, Howard. Watching the show A Different World growing up, which was based on the lives of students at a mythical HBCU. The struggles with athletic budgets at these schools but the history of some great players coming from those schools in the past.

Then you still have what i feel is the underrepresentation of black coaches in college football. To see Deion do well, and do it at an HBCU and clearly express care for these kids, means a lot to me. To me, its bigger than Canes and Noles at this point and i bet you that guys like Reed and Lewis share the same view.

So yeah, i respect Deion, i admire him and i am rooting for him. I believe in the man. Thats my view on it. I would hope that guys can respect it. You may not agree with it, may think race has no place but i can only speak for myself so again, i hope some can at least respect it because there are many that feel the same.

I cant speak for anyone else. For me?

Although he is a Nole, i had a tremendous respect for Deion as an athlete. Grew up watching him. Unfortunately, Bo Jackson career got cut short but alas there was Deion, playing football and baseball, sometimes flying from one to another. The style the flair, the whole thing was just something i will never forget. Chris Berman saying “prime time, prime time, prime time.” Just a cultural icon bro. Then to watch him sort of pivot, transform his image a little bit and get into coaching.

Now, the next part of this is I am a black man. I have a special place in my heart for HBCUs. I have family that have attended Morehouse, Hampton, Howard. Watching the show A Different World growing up, which was based on the lives of students at a mythical HBCU. The struggles with athletic budgets at these schools but the history of some great players coming from those schools in the past.

Then you still have what i feel is the underrepresentation of black coaches in college football. To see Deion do well, and do it at an HBCU and clearly express care for these kids, means a lot to me. To me, its bigger than Canes and Noles at this point and i bet you that guys like Reed and Lewis share the same view.

So yeah, i respect Deion, i admire him and i am rooting for him. I believe in the man. Thats my view on it. I would hope that guys can respect it. You may not agree with it, may think race has no place but i can only speak for myself so again, i hope some can at least respect it because there are many that feel the same.
I appreciate the answer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tell me the staff budget.

Tell me what assistants are lining up to coach under Deion Sanders.

Tell me which ADs are pining for him as HC.
$10 million

Jonathan Patke, Blake Baker, and the two GAs in the “To Be A Coach” from Raising Canes video

Blake James and Kirby Hocutt

Advertisement
Back