2023 QB Emory Williams is Locked in

Advertisement
I think my brother had vid of senior year. I'm telling ya best qb in his class. Rashada nowhere near this level. Emory throws nice ball, reads a defense and audibles
1670815389025.jpeg

I think my brother had vid of senior year. I'm telling ya best qb in his class. Rashada nowhere near this level. Emory throws nice ball, reads a defense and audibles
@TheOriginalCane said noone posted anything like this about Emory. I for one am impressed. One of us will look like the biggest idiot in 4 years when he's playing for a p5 school.

I like this kids film, besides production/competition and Arm talent questions I think he can be a quality starter here. Probably wont light it up but if we become what mario wants on offense I think this kid can be really good in those systems. Probably wont just will us to wins like a Caleb Williams Bryce young type guy but with talent around him he can win games for us. I like that he understands the game coming in and not just relying on raw talent

I like this kids film, besides production/competition and Arm talent questions I think he can be a quality starter here. Probably wont light it up but if we become what mario wants on offense I think this kid can be really good in those systems. Probably wont just will us to wins like a Caleb Williams Bryce young type guy but with talent around him he can win games for us. I like that he understands the game coming in and not just relying on raw talent

Size - good
Accuracy - good
Ball placement - good
Pocket awareness - good
arm strength - above average / good
athlete - better than some think / good enough to move the chains.

The areas people are sleeping on him and most qb‘s tbh is the intangibles. Emory is one of the harder working HS qb’s you’ll find. Very self motivated. He’s a film junkie that lives , breathes the game. Lastly he has no social media , he doesn’t do this for clout, he’s all about business.

All those ingredients are actually hard to find in a young qb. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s a very good college qb and better than some other drama queens out there.

Advertisement
What makes you say this and then measure the kid against two heisman-winners before he's thrown a college pass?

He's young, developing, and it's super early; there's nothing wrong with just seeing how he puts it all together before we start making proclamations.

What makes you say this and then measure the kid against two heisman-winners before he's thrown a college pass?

He's young, developing, and it's super early; there's nothing wrong with just seeing how he puts it all together before we start making proclamations.
You might’ve misread what I said lol but either way its my opinion on his projection

Size - good
Accuracy - good
Ball placement - good
Pocket awareness - good

The areas people are sleeping on him and most qb‘s tbh is the intangibles. Emory is one of the harder working HS qb’s you’ll find. Very self motivated. He’s a film junkie that lives , breathes the game. Lastly he has no social media , he doesn’t do this for clout, he’s all about business.

All those ingredients are actually hard to find in a young qb. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s a very good college qb and better than some other drama queens out there.
Mustache - bad.

Advertisement
Size - good
Accuracy - good
Ball placement - good
Pocket awareness - good

You can carve out a solid college career with these attributes. It sounds like a Dorsey or Stetson Bennet-type description. Is that close? @Cribby

You can carve out a solid college career with these attributes. It sounds like a Dorsey or Stetson Bennet-type description. Is that close? @Cribby
Not Cribby, but to try and answer your question. Intangible wise? Yes they’re both good comps. But he’s gonna be bigger than both of them with better arm strength outta high school. Now I don’t know if he’ll get anywhere close to their production and/or wins, but the kid’s got some game.

Size - good
Accuracy - good
Ball placement - good
Pocket awareness - good

There’s an OC in Buffalo that shares those traits. He won a few games in college.

Advertisement
I am glad he committed here. I hope the kid works his butt off and can get a little playing time next year. He is the first one to commit and stick to Mario & Co and needs to be a difference maker in one way or another. Next year, it is my hope, that collectively we have enough QBs to win a couple of more games but this is a major position of need.

Advertisement
Back