2023 QB Emory Williams is Locked in

Advertisement
I have no inside knowledge but my guess all along was that coach Ponce was never the problem. His immediate supervisor was.
This is probably right, but every time the camera panned the sideline Ponce appeared to be taking a cat nap on the bench. Maybe he was disgusted with his supervisor or had checked out. Didn't appear overly engaged.

I have no inside knowledge but my guess all along was that coach Ponce was never the problem. His immediate supervisor was.
It's an unpopular take, but I suspect the same thing. The truth is, we don't really know what's going on behind closed doors and if Zo and MC think Ponce should return, then I'm all for it.

Never understood disdain for Ponce as he had some pretty good offenses at Appalachian State under several QBs, including one who had not done much at Clemson and Duke....now if someone wants to claim he wasn't responsible for that offense then that is another matter.

Advertisement
This is probably right, but every time the camera panned the sideline Ponce appeared to be taking a cat nap on the bench. Maybe he was disgusted with his supervisor or had checked out. Didn't appear overly engaged.

That's a factor in the formulation of my opinion. We KNOW Gattis was a major problem. The fact that Ponce openly disassociated himself from Gattis told me that Ponce knows what competency is and that he was not working for a competent manager.

Many of us who've been in mid- high level corporate positions know full-well how tough that situation is. Now imagine having had to do your job ON CAMERA during a scenario like that. lol

Edit: adding @filmcane to this post.

That's a factor in the formulation of my opinion. We KNOW Gattis was a major problem. The fact that Ponce openly disassociated himself from Gattis told me that Ponce knows what competency is and that he was not working for a competent manager.

Many of us who've been in mid- high level corporate positions know full-well how tough that situation is. Now imagine having had to do your job ON CAMERA during a scenario like that. lol

Edit: adding @filmcane to this post.
I trust Mario/Zo on this one. If they want to keep him, so be it.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter that much. If we're bringing in a new OC he has to be able to bring in his own guys. The QB coach will be the first one to go so Ponce has the least secure job on the team. Only guy I can see Mario drawing a line in the sand for is Mirabel. Field and Smith both negotiable, with Field moving to a high paying support role if he's willing.

If new OC is coming and wants to bring his own 2 or 3 guys? Then Ponce is first one out, followed by Smith and Field.

Advertisement
How you keep finding ways to apologize and make excuses for guys never ceases to amaze me. Ponce should go and everyone that thinks differently should be shipped on same plane.

Anyone got any highlights on Emory from this year?

I was watching this breakdown from a Gator fan from earlier this year. Kid makes some pretty nice throws in here

I think my brother had vid of senior year. I'm telling ya best qb in his class. Rashada nowhere near this level. Emory throws nice ball, reads a defense and audibles
Yeah I didn’t want to get too far ahead here on just a few highlights but as far as being a passer goes he looks further along that Rashada by quite a bit, though I didn’t see him this year either

No sour grapes towards UiF either Rashada could be a star, just seemed like he had a little ways to go

Advertisement

He’s more mobile than I thought originally. He’s got that happy feet odd thing going on but when he sets and fires…I mean I guess I just don’t understand what makes some guys so much higher rated

Kid slings it that’s for **** sure

He’s more mobile than I thought originally. He’s got that happy feet odd thing going on but when he sets and fires…I mean I guess I just don’t understand what makes some guys so much higher rated

Kid slings it that’s for **** sure
Camps and 7-on-7 tourneys.

It’s where Rashada and Nico blew up

Advertisement
Camps and 7-on-7 tourneys.

It’s where Rashada and Nico blew up
Yeah always interesting right? They blow up in situations that have nothing to do with the games

Then again not sitting here saying this kid is above them or anything, I realize it’s sort of taking potential and more criteria in to considerarion

Kid just seems underrated

Kid looks like a great find… could see him being a low 4 star but idk if he passed the shorts and tshirt olympics in the off-season to get the bump…

Also whoever did that Highlight edit did great work nice to see a lot of things you want out of a QB… audibles and scanning progressions was nice. Bonus of course being he doesn’t have Brad Kayaa speed and looks adequate enough

Kid looks like a great find… could see him being a low 4 star but idk if he passed the shorts and tshirt olympics in the off-season to get the bump…

Also whoever did that Highlight edit did great work nice to see a lot of things you want out of a QB… audibles and scanning progressions was nice. Bonus of course being he doesn’t have Brad Kayaa speed and looks adequate enough
definitely a good combination with that WR committed to UGA it looks like

Advertisement
Back